News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 switch to roller cam

Started by flyinlow, May 05, 2009, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Besides the cam and lifters, what do you need to switch to a hyd. roller cam?

I have E heads and want more lift than the Lunati 60303 cam I have now (493/509) . How ever I want less duration and a cam that will be happy cruising at 1800 rpm in OD.

defiance

depending on what you've got you'll probably want new rockers too, and pushrods have to be considered...

firefighter3931

Adjustable rockers, new pushrods, possibly new valvesprings depending on the cam profile, bronze gear... not to mention the cam and lifters. Figure on ~$1500 + to do that swap.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

flyinlow

Thanks,

Thinking about projects for next winter. 

LeadfootBob

The bronze gear isn't necessary unless you REALLY want it. Most rollers from for example Comp cams can be ordered as a billet core with a "street" dist. drive gear pressed on. One less issue to lose sleep over  ;)
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

firefighter3931

Quote from: LeadfootBob on May 06, 2009, 02:36:07 PM
The bronze gear isn't necessary unless you REALLY want it. Most rollers from for example Comp cams can be ordered as a billet core with a "street" dist. drive gear pressed on. One less issue to lose sleep over  ;)

As far as i know nobody is making a press on gear for BB Mopar at this time....SB chevy yes.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldschool

Quote from: LeadfootBob on May 06, 2009, 02:36:07 PM
thats the first i've heard of that :confused:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!