News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old, Old timers. When you where Bad, what did yours look like?

Started by cudaken, November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

nope  :'(  but i do have a story or two,will type one when i get time  :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

F8-4life

Ghoste

Ranman69SE

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

Ghoste

Dodge Don

Was cleaning junk in the basement and came across a bunch of old photos I had forgotten about:

My very first car, 70 Plymouth Duster 340. It cost me $500 which I saved up doing summer jobs.

It was my first high school car.

Dodge Don

Before final year at high school I landed a high pay summer job at a pipe factory making pipe for the trans canada pipeline....was making a s**t load of money for a 17 year old so I bought a 73 Charger SE. So for awhile I had two cars. Eventually I transplanted the 340 from the Duster into the Charger.

Last picture of it before I sold it since we were moving across the country.

Dodge Don

I lived in Calgary Alberta at that time and was one of the "motor-heads" at school. Mainly a bunch of guys with muscle cars or big 4x4s. Spent too much time hanging out at 7-11 or camping in the mountains.

A couple of my buddies 4x4 rigs.

Jeep J10 (I think it had a 390 or 401 dropped in)...44" monster mudders on 5 ton axles we "liberated" from an army truck. This truck won the mud drags at the Calgary International Raceway. The owner was my best friend in high school and if we weren't cruising in my Mopars we were in his truck. When we were installing the big angle-iron front bumper it fell and broke my toe.

Another friend had this 4x4 shagging wagon. It has the original suspension off the Jeep J10 when we upgraded it to 5 ton.

Good times.......

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Sendero

Sendero

Kern Dog

Quote from: cudaken on November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM
Saw a posting about custom exhaust and started me day dreaming about when I was young and dumb. I was racing at the track, but also was cruzing as well. Pic are from around say 1985-86 range and explains the funky I got tired of them quick strips on the Runner.

This makes no sense to me. I read it three times. I had drunk uncles, so I understand drunk talk.

rt green

talking about the paint stripes on his car at the time. I too drink cam 2.
third string oil changer

500Jon

My old street/track Dart!

8.200@180mph on pump gas!!!
1000hp and drive her home.

Wickedly Fast!!! :2thumbs:

Those were the days, back in the OLD 20th Century LOL!!! :smilielol:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

rt green

I did a search on tunnel rams and this old thread popped up. I enjoyed it a lot. I guess I thought maybe a lot of members haven't seen it before and just wanted to let them know it exists.  lot of good stuff here.   
third string oil changer

hemi71x

This picture was taken in the summer of 1972.
I factory ordered the Cuda sometime in May of 71, and was built the last week in June, if i remember correctly.
At the end of the model year.
Originally a 383 automatic, 3:55 sure grip.
The rallye wheels didn't stay on it long for a set of American Racing Equipment aluminum mag wheels.
Headers went on, and cherry bomb mufflers. Air shocks in the rear. An Accel electronic ignition system. A JC Whitney chrome air cleaner, on top of the carburetor.
Everything one did back in the day, with their car.
I kept that car for 38 years before i sold it off.
It was well used and worn, when it sold, having over 300,000 miles on the clock.
It's been fixed up by the "flipper" that it sold to, and now it's that Sassy Grass Green color.
It sold again, and now is 30 miles up the highway from me, with it's current owner.
I ran 440's in it for ages, with 6 pack carburetion, but i saved the old 383, and it also went with the car when it sold.
So it could be numbers matching again, if the owner so chooses.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

moparnation74

Cool pic, thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

Dig those 70's pants my friend!

rt green

third string oil changer

hemi71x

Quote from: rt green on December 30, 2014, 08:41:14 PM
have you ever tried to buy the cuda back?

I have been asked that before, quite a few times.
But the car has now been changed too much for my liking.
The color change, they painted both the front and rear bumpers the body color, the grill,left off the wheel well chrome, and chrome strip along the rocker panels, and they but on a billboard decal, and naturally leaving off the vinyl side moulding strips.
I kinda wish i ordered the car in white, so maybe if they painted it in white i might have thought about it.
Or black, or blue, other colors that peaked my interest as the years went by.

The current owner of the car and myself, have become good friends, so it all has worked out ok.
I should have some current pictures of it in some of my computers files, and should post a picture of what it looks like now a days.
Jim V.

Found a picture in this computer I'm using.
This is what it looks like now, in it's second life.

hemi71x

I found this old picture too.
Must be the first year that i owned the Hemi GTX.

hemi71x

Now don't laugh too hard, but i was in my 20's, in this picture with the GTX.
My Air Force years.

Ghoste

Laugh?  That's a great back in the day photo, beside this isn't GQ or whatever. :cheers:

rt green

thanks, i liked it better the way it was when you had it. my opinion.
third string oil changer

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: hemi71x on December 30, 2014, 10:28:54 PM
I found this old picture too.
Must be the first year that i owned the Hemi GTX.

Is that Ct ?

hemi71x

Is that Ct ?
[/quote]

I can clarify, explain, as to why the cars have Connecticut plates on them, in that picture.
I was originally from Waterbury, Connecticut where i grew up and stayed, until i was 20 years old, when i joined the US Air Force.
So the Cuda spent the first couple of years on the road in that state, until i left for the AF, in 1973.
I put the car in storage, and after basic training, and tech school in Texas, i was assigned to a base in Germany, for two years.
After that tour ended, i was assigned to Mather AFB, in California.
Got the car out of storage, and then drove it cross country to California.

As far as the GTX goes, i bought that car out here in California, on the "Lemon lot" as we called it, on Mather AFB.
A B-52 navigator, had it, and was finishing up his training, and was being assigned to his permanent base.
I bought it from him.
As far as Connecticut plates on that one goes, back in the 70's the military allowed you to register your vehicles in the state of your home of record.
So i registered it in Connecticut at that time.
Even though that car never was registered in more than two other states in it's lifetime.
Missouri, and California.

When i discharged from the AF in 1980 i just stayed in California, no way was i ever wanting to go back to CT.

So i registered the GTX in California, and got personalized license plates for it that read HEMI71X.
That's were my user ID all over the internet, originates from.

Haven't had that car in 11-12 years now, but i understand the plates are still on the car, even though the GTX hasen't seen the light of day, in all these years.
Understand it went into the collectors warehouse of cars, and that's were it stayed, to this day.

Jim V.
hemi71x