News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever have one of those projects......

Started by Spartan, November 13, 2005, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

This has to have been the worse of all the car projects I have done.   I knew it was bad when the Lions actually won a game today.   I went out and bought some tools this morning, spent more then I wanted to but I was determined to get this damn blower motor apart for painting today....I stripped the allen wrench, then I stripped the screw head...Got an easy-out, the right sized one is not long enough to make it thru the fan to the set screw..try drilling it out so it will seat deep enough to grab it with an adjustable wrench, I end up bending the fan blade...I get out a bigger easy out that is long enough to reach it thru the fan blade.   Drill the hole out enough so the easy-out will fit in......break the drill bit, dig thru the draw and find one the next side up, it opens the hole enough and I try the easy out, it catches and FINALLY! the damn set screw is pulled!   Hot damn, I can finally get this stupid fan off.   I grab a hammer and begin tapping on the shaft (not very hard mind you) I am holding the fan in my hand and tapping the shaft thru the blower, figure I won't be putting any stress on the motor that way.   Doesn't seem to be moving so I am going to set it down, my little finger is now stuck under the blower, How in the hell did that happen? it seems for some reason, the shaft is further in the motor and pinched my finger.   The motor is now pressed tight against the fan and will not move.   How it did this, I have absolutely no idea.   I was holding it by the fan and suspending it so that would not happen....I try to use a screw driver to pull the shaft up but the stupid thing will not budge.   AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!   what am I doing wrong.....I finally said enough.....All I wanted to do was take it apart, clean it, paint it and put it back together.....taking apart the interior was easier then this stupid motor......I do not understand how it could have sunk deeper in the motot when I am hitting and suspending it by the fan.....

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed, lol.   At least the Lions won.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)