News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody know ford taurus's?

Started by moparguy01, November 05, 2010, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

My wifes car is a 1999 ford taurus se with the 3.0. And I'm having heat issues. So far I've replaced the radiator and water pump and flushed the heater core numerous times. I've always gotten heat for awhile but it never stays.
All I can think of is the blend door maybe acting up, because right now the hoses in and out of the car are both hot yet it still only blows cold air. If only I'd win the lottery I could buy something different.

Anybody have any other advice to try?

Ghoste

They had an issue with head gaskets around that time, could it be losing coolant into the combustion chamber?

nascarxx29

Check dipstick see if your mixing water and oil.Or steam coming out through exhaust from water possibly head gasket .Have you checked or changed the thermostat for starters
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparguy01

Just put in a new thermostat, and I'm also not losing any coolant at all. I'm stumped on this one. I know they had a habit of having water pump impellers rusting off the shaft which this one did, but that was all replaced.

BrianShaughnessy

There's a bunch of halfazz videos out on Youtube concerning ford blend door actuators showing shortcuts.  http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ford+blend+door+actuator&aq=1
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

BTW, is it Taurus's or should it be Taurii (tor-eye)? :D

twodko

Tor-eye is a noodle dish served with a concubine.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

I like concubines. :lol:

So what is the proper plural for Taurus???

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2010, 11:17:36 PM
They had an issue with head gaskets around that time, could it be losing coolant into the combustion chamber?

not common on the 3.0....was very common for the 3.8 engines...those head gaskets would blow if ya looked at them...

Sounds like a blend door issue....problem is, ya gotta pull the entire dash & frame assembly to change the blend doors or motors....it's also a weak point in these cars....book time is about 6 hours to pull & replace....ya gotta evac the AC system as well...

I have it down to about 3 hours total now...I've done so many

Bryan

moparguy01

Well after a day of fiddling I found that the blend door works. And I have good coolant flow through the heater core. So after talking with a buddy I dumped "the works" toilet cleaner. You know the lime and calcium remover into it and let it set for about 10 minutes then flushed again. I swear mud came out. Then after flushing the core about 15 minutes each way 3 times each I put it together and have SCALDING heat!!!!

A383Wing

be careful and keep an eye out for heater core leaks now...that "mud" may have been plugging a small hole....

been there, done that......