News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is my Charger Garage Build thread.

Started by PocketThunder, May 03, 2009, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Looks great Paul. :2thumbs:

I would have helped, but if I was there you would only be half as far as you are now. :smilielol:

Seriously, if I wasn't trying to get my car running I would have been there today. I got the bay cleaned up and sprayed some primer so I wouldn't get flash rust. Looks like you had some good help there. Was it hard getting the garage up in between the pit stops to fix Nick's Daytona? :icon_smile_big:

Good seeing you Saturday. When I get the Bee running I am bringing it for a visit to your house. If your still working on the garage you can put me to work. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

FlatbackFanatic

PocketThunder

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on June 22, 2009, 01:05:03 AM
Hey Paul, any new updates?? :popcrn: :popcrn:

I finished up roofing last week and then some more wall sheeting last night.  I should be in tyvek by Thursday.  I'll get some pictures up soon.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Al

1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

PocketThunder

Wall sheating and shingles are on.   :smash:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FlatbackFanatic

69*F5*SE

mopar73

Nice little peace of Heaven you have there! :cheers:

PocketThunder

Well i'm back to getting some work done.  The electrical rough in is done and i finished up digging this bitch of a trench tonight.   :pushup:

mopar0166

69 OUR/TEA

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 10, 2009, 09:59:36 PM
Well i'm back to getting some work done.  The electrical rough in is done and i finished up digging this bitch of a trench tonight.   :pushup:

This was one of the hottest and muggy weeks of the year down here...how about up there?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on August 11, 2009, 12:18:17 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on August 10, 2009, 09:59:36 PM

This was one of the hottest and muggy weeks of the year down here...how about up there?

Yep!  Sweating my balls off.  and it didnt help that i was on a 15 hour bachelor party in Eau Claire the night before either.   :-X :icon_smile_dead:

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

The70RT

Nice work Paul. The city code was 30" for my elec.  :P  I ran my TV cable in there too. Wish I would have ran my internet cable also but was planing on going wireless but the signal strength was too low from my router. I ended up going another route.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Quote from: The70RT on August 11, 2009, 06:32:44 PM
Nice work Paul. The city code was 30" for my elec.  :P  I ran my TV cable in there too. Wish I would have ran my internet cable also but was planing on going wireless but the signal strength was too low from my router. I ended up going another route.
Code here is 24" for direct burial, 18" for conduit.  For an extra $15 in materials to run conduit or dig another 6", .....I bought conduit!  :yesnod:

The70RT

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 13, 2009, 09:38:00 AM
Quote from: The70RT on August 11, 2009, 06:32:44 PM
Code here is 24" for direct burial, 18" for conduit.  For an extra $15 in materials to run conduit or dig another 6", .....I bought conduit!  :yesnod:

30" here for conduit......Topeka......go figure. They act like it's a water line.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 31, 2009, 09:40:07 PM
Friday night we fired up that fire pit that i built just over 28 days ago.  It still has some moisture in it and it cracked in several places.  You can see the water running out of the cracks.

I was going to say something about that. Ron probably knows more about this than I do, and I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but you've got to be careful with concrete around fire. If it heats up enough the moisture escaping can cause it to explode and then you've got flying chunks of concrete. In the case of your fire pit it's probably pretty benign but inside a more enclosed area it can be quite dangerous (or so I learned during my training to become a volunteer firefighter).

bearbqd

You're one lucky man. SOoo wish I had the funds for the 30x40 building I want out back.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on August 20, 2009, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on May 31, 2009, 09:40:07 PM
Friday night we fired up that fire pit that i built just over 28 days ago.  It still has some moisture in it and it cracked in several places.  You can see the water running out of the cracks.

I was going to say something about that. Ron probably knows more about this than I do, and I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but you've got to be careful with concrete around fire. If it heats up enough the moisture escaping can cause it to explode and then you've got flying chunks of concrete. In the case of your fire pit it's probably pretty benign but inside a more enclosed area it can be quite dangerous (or so I learned during my training to become a volunteer firefighter).

Ya, thats why i waited 28 days, i thought i would be safe, but here is the proof that moisture is till present in concrete 6" thick..

Quote from: bearbqd on August 20, 2009, 08:38:49 PM
You're one lucky man. SOoo wish I had the funds for the 30x40 building I want out back.
Well, i had the funds for $6000 worth of work, but i'm up to $9000 after adding in-floor heat and adjusting for the increase in the price of concrete.  :o  My Charger budget money just depleted itself and went in the red for the rest of the year..   :'(

But for the next 30 years it will all be worth it..   :yesnod: