News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger for sale in Ontario Canada, Your thoughts????

Started by Goodolboy, May 04, 2009, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodolboy

Hello, Haven't posted in a while. Getting more serious about getting a 69. Ran across this one on kijiji. Give me your thoughts, future plans would be a General lee tribute car.
Thanks
Good ol boy.

Goodolboy

chargerboy69

Need better pictures and a lot of them.

Looks like the Colonel that is on this board.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69bronzeT5

It's hard to make a decent judgement without good pictures. If you want to buy it, go look at it yourself or get someone who's knowledgeable of Chargers or Mopars to go look at it for you. Never buy a car without looking at it. If you want to know some common rust areas on Chargers, then just let us know (if you don't know) :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

twenty mike mike

dodgecharger-fan

Definitely needs to be looked at. No side markers on the quarter panels.
So, it has been worked on.

Not that that is a bad thing. It just means that some extra time is needed to see if things were done good enough for you and your standards.

Good point regarding the trans... another reason to look closely at everything. It's likely just an honest mistake, but if I were thinking about that car, I'd want to confirm everything for myself before buying.

dodgecharger-fan

Posting some more pics for Goodolboy:

dodgecharger-fan

and the rest

Ghoste

It has that quickly patched crusty Canadian car look to it for sure.

dodgecharger-fan

Something funky about that dash - it looks like it was all spray bombed black.. almost all.

For what you want, that shouldn't matter because you'll be changing it to tan anyway. Just make sure everything is there and in decent shape.

Looks pretty solid underneath for a Canadian car, though.

I'd do some research to see what it will take to turn it into a General Lee, and see if the purchase price makes sense.
It seems to me like you'd be paying for some stuff that the current owner has done that you'll want to be changing.
That's a double edged sword, I think. One side, you have a car that's pretty much ready to roll. Go have fun.
On the other side, you've got things that need to be changed to make it what you want. You might be able to find a car "less done" for less money and then spend the money doing the conversion.

I don't think either way is wrong. You just need to give it some thought and decide what works for you.

:2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

You know what I like about those pics? The engine bay pic shows a master cylinder exactly like mine: driver side connection on a non-HEMI car.
I've been wrestling with what is right (and wrong) ever since I got my car.

Edit: I keep finding stuff to comment about. Instead of replying again, I'll just add to this post...

The trunk shot shows the side marker openings were covered over. it'd be interesting to see what went on there. Presumably, it was deliberate. That's cool. I'd just be interested to see how well it was done... or not.

Ghoste

I would want to see it in person before calling it solid, it just has the look that makes me wonder about the rest of it.  Maybe it is solid, but... :shruggy:

TeeWJay426

Looks like it was worked on a bit, and not to very high quality standards. IMO, it's overpriced by 5-6K.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Ghoste on May 05, 2009, 10:57:08 AM
I would want to see it in person before calling it solid, it just has the look that makes me wonder about the rest of it.  Maybe it is solid, but... :shruggy:

Relatively speaking, of course.

My passenger rear frame rail:

Ghoste

Yeah, I know what you mean by "relatively" but my fear in this case is that I figure they are only showing the very best of the car.  It's what we can't see that makes me nervous.
BTW, yours is LOTS worse.  :o

nakita7

Goodolboy

Wow, I thought that this car was nicer than people are saying. Good to get peoples opinion. Thank you. Being in Canada, seems harder to 1 find good cars, 2 find good people to work on classics I live near Ottawa) and 3 get parts as shipping into Canada from say Legendary or Year One is VERY expensive with duties ect ect. Thats why I was looking for a good quality driver and this one had the vintage vector rims as well. I have heard these rims can be upwards of 1000 alone shipped to Can. Thanks for all your input. I still have some investigating as I don't want to jump on the first one I see. Funny, there was a 68 charger on Kijiji in Ottawa where I live for for almost 40K and its 3 diff colours of primer!

Thanks again,
Good Ol' Boy

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ghoste on May 05, 2009, 12:10:04 PM
Yeah, I know what you by "relatively" but my fear in this case is that I figure they are only showing the very best of the car.  It's what we can't see that makes me nervous.

I agree totally.  If he is showing the spray can black painted dash, cheepo racing seats and the $5.00 homemade door panels.  What are you not seeing?  And is it just me, or did someone spread a little something over the trunk floor to cover something?  To me it looks like some fiberglass work was done there.  It just looks like a lot of things were done half-ass. Just my opinion.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RIDELIKEHELL

I know this car actually as I used to see it in my town of Sarnia in a driveway from time to time years ago. It's a 15 minute drive from me now it looks like in the ad but hold on here! I don't want to give my id away here(so don't use my name ha ha) but I know the guys father. He told me it was his sons one day at work as I talk about my 68 R/T I was buying/bought. His dad says it's been a money pit & it was a rust bucket. He explained to me the rust issues years ago say 2005 when I was in the process of looking for one. I say this because after figuring out this car was the one I see from time to time out and about I was interested in it. I would NEVER talk bad about someones car but having bought a car that was misrepresented & now spending a pile of $$$$ on mine I will steer anyone away from something like this. You guys can see in the pictures whats maybe hiding underneath the paint. If the price was alot less you may wanna check it out but the 340 is the first thing that scared me away when I was talking to his dad about it. just my 2 cents...
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ghoste

Sarnia huh?  I bet we know a few of the same people (I'm in Chatham but my wife and I lived in Sarnia for a short time back in 1990).

Dan T

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on May 06, 2009, 01:02:03 PM
I know this car actually as I used to see it in my town of Sarnia in a driveway from time to time years ago. It's a 15 minute drive from me now it looks like in the ad but hold on here! I don't want to give my id away here(so don't use my name ha ha) but I know the guys father. He told me it was his sons one day at work as I talk about my 68 R/T I was buying/bought. His dad says it's been a money pit & it was a rust bucket. He explained to me the rust issues years ago say 2005 when I was in the process of looking for one. I say this because after figuring out this car was the one I see from time to time out and about I was interested in it. I would NEVER talk bad about someones car but having bought a car that was misrepresented & now spending a pile of $$$$ on mine I will steer anyone away from something like this. You guys can see in the pictures whats maybe hiding underneath the paint. If the price was alot less you may wanna check it out but the 340 is the first thing that scared me away when I was talking to his dad about it. just my 2 cents...

Got to agree with you on that one.
WAAYY over priced.
Especially in today's economy, you can find a better car out there, you just have to get it in the U.S.
I live just outside Toronto, and gave up looking around here years ago. It's a big hassle to import them, but it's worth it in the long run. I imported mine from Denver Colorado.
Don't forget, he's trying to justify that price by having the buyer avoid importing the car, because it's already here..
Offer him $8,000 and call it a day.
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T