News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WWE fans... Eddie Guerrero R.I.P.

Started by TruckDriver, November 14, 2005, 06:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

WWE's Guerrero found dead in Minneapolis hotel room

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Eduardo Gory Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room Sunday morning in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. When Guerrero, 38, didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced entry into the room shortly after 7 a.m., police said. The 5-8, 220-pound wrestler was found on the floor. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful. There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office. He was a featured star on the UPN series WWE Smackdown! and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.
He is survived by his wife, Vickie, and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3, according to WWE Web site. "This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer." Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years. Guerrero was in the Twin Cities with 60 to 80 other wrestlers to film Friday Night Smackdown at the Target Center. "I know Eddie would want the show to go on," Chavo Guerrero said. In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.
In May 2004, UPN aired the special Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story. The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship. Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas. He and his three older brothers were all wrestlers.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

I stopped following the wrestling stuff awhile back but that's sad.   These guys get all burned out on the roids and drugs.    I don't think it's a coincidence many have died young.    RIP. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69_500

Never a good thing to hear of anybody dying at a young age.

Telvis

I'm not a huge wrestling fan but still a shock when someone that young dies.

Ponch ®

Pretty sad. Probably another OD' or some 'roid related stroke/heart attack. I was a big fan of his when I was a little kid - he was huge in mexican wrestling long before anyone had heard of him in WCW or WWE.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bananabeast

heard about it yest. a few hours after happened .  It's pretty sad how a lot of them go out so young.

RIP  Latino Heat
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

89MOPAR

+ RIP  the LWO
He was a great performer -
Him , Rick Rude, Curt Henning all went too early, as well as Owen Hart.
   :'( :'(
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Lowprofile

Very sad yesterday backstage in Minneapolis.  Eddie was starting a whole new life. He just moved to Phoenix a few weeks ago to be closer to his family [mom, sisters, etc..] His youngest was only two years old. Eddie was one of the nicest guys out on tour. He loved his fans & always made time for them.

He will be sadly missed by all who worked with him. :'(
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ChargerBill

I used to watch regularly around 1999 to 2001 and Eddie was one of the better athletes out there. I saw the special on his life and it was encouraging to see him clean and sober and back on track. He really was one of the big superstars on the mat and I liked his stage presence. Too bad he died so young. RIP Latino Heat...

BTW: I've seen MANY friends in the pro's and college ball either mess themselves up really bad or die from steroid and drug abuse. Fame really does come at a price...sometimes it costs you your life. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

472 R/T SE

Bummer.  I always enjoyed watching him.  Too young to be leaving a young family behind as well.

Smoke20

Quote from: 89MOPAR on November 14, 2005, 07:53:48 PM
+ RIP   the LWO
He was a great performer -
Him , Rick Rude, Curt Henning all went too early, as well as Owen Hart.
    :'( :'(

They are all tragic, but due to the nature Own's accident above/in the ring, I think his was the worst.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Spartan

It sucks hearing that.  Young guy turning his life around and having young kids.  It seems so many of these wrestlers around that age are dying in their 30's and 40's.  You also had Brian Pillman and Davey Boy Smith dying young.  Allot seems to be around roids and other enhancers. THe pressure to perform overshadows the personal health, maybe because at that age they still think they are indestructable...

I haven't followed wrestling much since WWF bought WCW but Eddie was always fun to watch, wether he was a hero or a heal in the ring.  RIP.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)