News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vitamin C Bird Finally Home

Started by maxwellwedge, May 05, 2009, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Well - Months after I bought it, my Bird is finally home. 12,000 miles, original paint, buckets/console auto. And to those dying to know - all 4 headlamps in this car are Westinghouse  ;)

Here are some pics ...

WingCharger

maxwellwedge

Here are some engine pics. Note the exhaust manifold heat stove and the original hoses and battery cables. I have all 4 original tires (not on) in good shape as well.

bk72

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

johntpr

Nice..was that John McBride's old car?

John

maxwellwedge

Aero426

Having seen it some time ago, that car possibly the best original Bird out there.  Certainly it's "right up at the top". 

maxwellwedge

Thanks all. Doug, Frank Badalson told me he has wanted this car for twenty years and still dreams about it  :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

CornDogsCharger

That car is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Looks almost like the car I am restoring.  I would love to see MANY more reference pictures.  Thanks for posting

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

mopar_nut_440_6

Very, very nice. You are a lucky man!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 05, 2009, 08:28:49 PM
Thanks all. Doug, Frank Badalson told me he has wanted this car for twenty years and still dreams about it  :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

I am sure Frank has wet dreams over that car, LOL.    You see survivor cars that are really nice, but I don't recall seeing one another Bird like this.   When we bought ours in '72 with 8000 miles, it was not this nice. 

daytonalo

Finally a nice car !!!! How many pistons ???? :icon_smile_big:

FJ5WING

It seems by everyones comments that the car is a very nice original car. I hope to see it one day! :icon_smile_wink:

I always thought the manifold stoves were 4bbl only items? I don't have any info on this just that Ive never seen one on a 6BBL car. Is that because they were removed early on? much like the spark plug boot shields.

Maxwellwedge,
I'm very new to the site and don't know the history of your story. How long have you waited to get the car home? How did you have the opportunity to acquire this rare beauty?
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

absolutly beautiful   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  just awesome
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Glad you got it congrats :2thumbs:.On owning the former owned John Mcbride car.I was certain it had the westinghouse lamps
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

richRTSE

Wow, that 'Bird looks great! :drool5: It looks just like the magazine picture I used to have on my bedroom wall when I was a kid over twenty years ago...I wonder if it's the same car? :scratchchin:

I was also wondering about the manifold heat stove...any more info you can share on that?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: FJ5WING on May 06, 2009, 09:12:52 AM
It seems by everyones comments that the car is a very nice original car. I hope to see it one day! :icon_smile_wink:

I always thought the manifold stoves were 4bbl only items? I don't have any info on this just that Ive never seen one on a 6BBL car. Is that because they were removed early on? much like the spark plug boot shields.

Maxwellwedge,
I'm very new to the site and don't know the history of your story. How long have you waited to get the car home? How did you have the opportunity to acquire this rare beauty?

Manifold Heat Stove - While not needed and not installed on most 440-6 engines, a bunch have them anyway.

I have known about this car for many years and it came on the market the end of last year. I bought it (it was in California). The car had been in a bubble (I'm not kidding) by that owner for 8 years. It was never driven or started during that time. The fellow was selling a couple of other cars that were in the same suspended animation and another person bought those. That person decided to have his cars shipped to Gibson's shop to change fluids, check the carbs etc. so I said - heck send mine there as well for the "shave and haircut". While it was there I was waiting for some other stuff for Roger to finish for me - hence the 5 month lag between purchase and gettingt it up here.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 06, 2009, 01:13:02 PM
Glad you got it congrats :2thumbs:.On owning the former owned John Mcbride car.I was certain it had the westinghouse lamps
Dave - your memory is like a steel trap!

moparchris

Fantastic 'Bird.  Nothing beats a great survivor :cheers:

duo-stripe

Congratulations! the Dutch side of the MoParworld can also dig a good survivor!
Have fun with it.

Best regards,
Marcel
the Netherlands
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

472 R/T SE

I swear the first thing I look at in a car is the firewall. 
And your car's m/c is painted black,  :notworthy:

What a beauty!

tan top

:drool5:  awesome  piece of Aero Hardware  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nitrometal

I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com