News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vitamin C Bird Finally Home

Started by maxwellwedge, May 05, 2009, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

Heyman!  Thanks!  I read exactly what you said somewhere before but I just wanted to make sure.  There's nothing like a good unrestored car to go by.  Thanks again

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

maxwellwedge

Anytime man - Anything to help people that want to do it right.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on May 09, 2009, 08:19:16 AM
Guess I'll have to add a heat stove!  :cheers::icon_smile_big:

Six packs are SO COOL !!!!!  Looks great Jim
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

Quote from: 62 Max on May 09, 2009, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 09, 2009, 10:29:36 AM
No one should dispute it if you do but most 6BBL's didn't have one....Oh wait a sec, you were joking  ;D

One has,one doesn't! :icon_smile_big:

Great looking bird. I'll have a real one some day.

In that pic the car looks more like Tor-Red than Vit C.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

maxwellwedge

A member pm'd me about some details so I thought I might as well post them here as well.

"I also included brake drum pics. Mopars with Rallye's or Magnums had the drums painted red with a brush. The wheels were put on while the drums were still wet! The backs of original wheels had red drips from the drum paint on them! The exact paint is available from Roger Gibson/Frank Badalson.
Regards"

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 11, 2009, 07:47:24 PM
A member pm'd me about some details so I thought I might as well post them here as well.

"I also included brake drum pics. Mopars with Rallye's or Magnums had the drums painted red with a brush. The wheels were put on while the drums were still wet! The backs of original wheels had red drips from the drum paint on them! The exact paint is available from Roger Gibson/Frank Badalson.
Regards"

Jim, that's an awesome piece of tidbit information....  :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

I have that engineering procedure page somewhere - I'll find it and post.
Notice the studs - The procedure said to keep the paint away from that area.

Somewhere is Hemigeno drooling over the drum retainers on the studs.  :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 12, 2009, 08:57:21 AM

I saw some of those yesterday at Advance Auto Parts in the Help Section...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Moparmatty

Can't wait to see this beast on Sunday!   :drool5:
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

maxwellwedge

Nice meeting you and your dad today. Did you get a pic of both Bird's - I forgot!  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Moparmatty

It was good meeting you too Jim.  Your Bird is truely spectacular!!!!!  I can't wait to see Doc and Disco.  We got so busy talking that I didn't get any pics of either Bird.  LOL!!!!  The only pic I took all day was of the black and grey '09 Viper ACR that was up near the front where we came in.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Beep Beep Dave

I managed to take a few pics of the Superbirds, I will post a couple tonight.
Good talking to both of you
Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Retainer envy is a terrible thing, believe me

:lol:

Great detail item on the red paint inside the wheel - probably means the wheel guys (or a station right before them) were responsible for slathering on that red paint based on what wheels were being installed.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on June 15, 2009, 07:30:33 AM
I managed to take a few pics of the Superbirds, I will post a couple tonight.
Good talking to both of you
Dave   

Thanks Dave - Good seeing you as well!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemigeno on June 15, 2009, 09:09:01 AM

Great detail item on the red paint inside the wheel - probably means the wheel guys (or a station right before them) were responsible for slathering on that red paint based on what wheels were being installed.

:rofl:     I have the factory engineering on that somewhere....I'm sure you have it too.

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 15, 2009, 11:10:34 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on June 15, 2009, 09:09:01 AM

:rofl:     I have the factory engineering on that somewhere....I'm sure you have it too.

If he doesn't have it, it would be because he some how lost it. Because I am positive we saw it before.
Man seems everyone is making trips to visit Jim. I need to free up a weekend, and update my passport now to visit. Shouldn't have let it expire last year.

maxwellwedge

If he doesn't have it, it would be because he some how lost it. Because I am positive we saw it before.
Man seems everyone is making trips to visit Jim. I need to free up a weekend, and update my passport now to visit. Shouldn't have let it expire last year.

Haha - actually Danny - We are talking about the show at the Chrysler (Fiat?) Brampton plant yesterday - that's where we saw each other.

Moparmatty

An hour and a half drive isn't a trip Danny.   :icon_smile_big: LOL!!!!!
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on June 15, 2009, 07:44:27 PM

I'm a hoarder when it comes to paperwork, so there's not much chance it got lost 'round here anyway...   :P

Here is the 1970 version of the engineering graphic that John Kunkel posted in this thread about red drums:

I'm sure the predecessor of that drawing is around here somewhere, as I already posted in the thread linked above that the graphic is dated in February of 1968.  Just don't have time to go fishing for it at the moment.

maxwellwedge

That's the one - Note 6 in the triangle to the bottom left.

pettybird

cool head-on pics but how much paint got on the sides of the drums?  could you post a profile pic?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: pettybird on June 16, 2009, 02:03:41 PM
cool head-on pics but how much paint got on the sides of the drums?  could you post a profile pic?

No Problem...

FJ5WING

whats the history of the car with the painted drums?
The underside of the rear componets seemed to be all the same black and not as aged as the outside of the drum.

The springs should be natural finish, no?
wingless now, but still around.

maxwellwedge

These springs were black - some are black and some are natural on B-Bodies. Most E-Body leafs I have seen are natural.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 16, 2009, 06:23:54 PM
whats the history of the car with the painted drums?The underside of the rear componets seemed to be all the same black and not as aged as the outside of the drum.

The springs should be natural finish, no?

The pics are from the car that is the subject of this post.