News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Die Hard Football Fans and their Teams!!!!!

Started by yellocharge68, November 14, 2005, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 69bananabeast on November 15, 2005, 11:44:46 PM
Why did everyone make such a big deal of the Colts & Pats game . the Pats arent even that great this year. There's plenty of teams that have the same if not better record than them

The Patriots have shown year after year their resiliency with starters dropping like flies.  Remember Troy B. playing defense last year?  People were watching this game to see how the Pats. handled their latest loss of personel and they haven't responded as well as they have in the past.
Records have nothing to do with it,IMO>

ron73440

GO STEELERS! I grew up outside Pittsburgh, I've always thought Cowher was one of the NFLs' best coaches, plus I love their style. Even if I wasnt from there they'd probably be my favorite team. Just hopin Big Ben gets healthy soon.
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

alenglish

Cowboys  and the Buffalo Bills..........   GO BILLS                     Big Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

69_500

At least I'm seeing true fans on here. Instead of  the typical fair weather fans that you run into around town. I love it when people stick by their teams when they aren't having a great year, that is a fan.

yellocharge68

Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

TheGhost

Quote from: 69_500 on November 16, 2005, 12:42:51 PM
At least I'm seeing true fans on here. Instead of  the typical fair weather fans that you run into around town. I love it when people stick by their teams when they aren't having a great year, that is a fan.

Damn right!  I've been a Fins fan since I started following NFL.  Not a hardcore, able-to-name-the-entire-team-from-memory type fan, but I still cheer for them every Sunday, regardless of how bad we are doing. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Spartan

Quote from: hemihead on November 16, 2005, 07:23:08 AM
I'm too busy watching Hockey.

It is nice having hockey back.  Since it looks like the Lions will be watching the playoffs on TV again this year, we got hockey to get us thru the cold months.  It sucked not having hockey last year.   
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

BigBadCharger

How's your wife and my kids?

BigBadCharger

How's your wife and my kids?

69_500

Don't be so hard on the Dolphins this year. I said at the begining of the year that I thought they would be 7-9. I really think they have a shot at 8-8 depending on how much they run the ball instead of trying to pass. If they just give Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams each about 15 carries a game, they will be chewing up the yardage and the clock. I think they could both end up with over 1,000 yards for the season as well.

dodgeboy67

actually the fins are playing pretty decent this year.....there record dosent say"super bowl" but they had to start building somewhere.....they shouldve beaten the pats

as for the pats, they are about as inconsistent as it gets......the colts beating them was great for peytons morale, but id like to see them do it with all of the banged up pats playing there best game......then lets talk about if the colts are better than the pats....

since i live in indy , its great to be part of a city that bleeds blue for the colts/and pacers too for that matter,but iwas a panther fan long before i moved to indy

who knows ...if the pathers start playing a lil more consistent, the two teams might just meet in detroit

472 R/T SE

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 15, 2005, 10:09:05 PM

The Texans gave the Colts a run for their money,so I have a terrible feeling my Chefs will lose a squeeker this weekend. :'(  It depends which team shows up.

It's great to be wrong every once in a while. :icon_smile_wink:

TheGhost

Dear God, we got shut out by the BROWNS!  I think I'm gonna go cry in a dark corner now.... :icon_smile_blackeye: :'(
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69_500

The Dolphins looked horrible this week. The only thing I kept seeing was how their running backs are getting good yardage, but as soon as they get down by more than 1 score it seems that Nick Saban is all to hasty to abandon the run game. Its only a 2 possesion game at half time, Yet in the second half they come out throwing the ball like they are down by 24.
Same thing the two weeks prior to that, down by a score against Atlanta, 1st and goal from the 5, and why don't you run the ball with Williams or Brown? both averaging 5+ yards a carry for the game, but you don't give them a shot you throw the ball and it is picked off. Same scenario against new england, 1st and goal at the 5, 4 straight pass plays. NO RUN ATTEMPTS AT ALL.

volk68

Quote from: Ghost on November 16, 2005, 05:42:48 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 16, 2005, 12:42:51 PM

Damn right!  I've been a Fins fan since I started following NFL.  Not a hardcore, able-to-name-the-entire-team-from-memory type fan, but I still cheer for them every Sunday, regardless of how bad we are doing. ;D

Same here, except I can name the team entirely from memory! 

volk68

Quote from: Ghost on November 21, 2005, 01:20:08 AM
Dear God, we got shut out by the BROWNS!  I think I'm gonna go cry in a dark corner now.... :icon_smile_blackeye: :'(

I think I did  :'(

472 R/T SE

What happened to the fins defense anyways?  All we took was Knight and Surtain, both of whom the fans booed when the Chefs were there a month back.  I really like Knight, he's brought a lot of experience to our backfield.  You never hear Surtain's name or see any of his plays, must be because no one ever throws to that side? 

The Chefs are turning more into a defensive team, they're younger, last year's draft of defensive rookie DJ, Grigsby and the free agent pickups.  Sans Kendrell Bell, what a waste.

Recharger

speaking of defense...
                         GO BEARS!!

69_500

Not sure what happened to the Dolphins Defense on Sunday. They were nonexistent on the first play from scrimmage. A 75 yard touchdown run where the RB actually stopped on the sideline, and then took off again. There defense has given up a lot of point on the first possessions of games this season. For some reason against some teams they play great until late in the 4th quarter too.

volk68

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2005, 10:03:37 AM
Not sure what happened to the Dolphins Defense on Sunday. They were nonexistent on the first play from scrimmage. A 75 yard touchdown run where the RB actually stopped on the sideline, and then took off again. There defense has given up a lot of point on the first possessions of games this season. For some reason against some teams they play great until late in the 4th quarter too.

Inconsistancy...the mark of a bad team.  Loathe as I am to admit it, the Dolphins simply lack the personnel they need to really run the new system Saban has installed.  It is going to take a few years for them to regain their winning ways, and it has to start with a real QB this offseason.  If Saban's drafts go well and the team gets younger with a little more talent, watch out, because the Dolphins could become the next NE Patriots.

69_500

They have needed a quarter back since Marino left. Sticking with Fielder for all those years was a dead end move. Then they go out and sign Griese only to stick him as a back up to a less talented Fielder.

The only problem with them that I've seen in off season moves over the past few years is allowing talented secondary players to leave and not  trying to get quality players to replace them. That and the fact that in the past 5 years there have been plenty of available quality QB's that they could have at least made an offer to. They passed on Drew Bledsoe 2 times in that spand of time, as well as Kurt Warner. Granted neither would be a long term solution, but both are productive and could have had the Dolphins winning more games than they have over the past 2 seasons.