News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

drip rail putty?

Started by thallium, May 21, 2009, 11:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thallium

Hi everyone. I need a little help. I have a couple pictures attached. What is this putty called in the drip rail? Mine is cracked and i would like to remove and replace. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Tabor

mopar_nut_440_6

I used to sell 3M products and we sold drip check sealer. Here is a link to their entire sealant line and it appears there are a number of products available. I would be interested to know what others recommend as I have not sold these products in 20 years!

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=GSWMS8NB1Nbe6DTWTJQPBBgl
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hotrod98

I normally use 3M drip check sealer, but the 69 runner that I did last month doesn't look all that  great. It shrank up and left cavities in a couple of places. I need to find something different to use.

Tabor...where you been we've been waiting to hear from you man?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

jerry

drip check is very good. just got to know how to use it.

roger440

I use the 3M sealer 08800, which is a 2K product but brush apply it. Never shrinks or cracks.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Back N Black

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Back N Black on June 01, 2009, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: suntech on June 01, 2009, 02:59:21 AM
Or shave em, and weld!! :D

Why?

Why couldn't a guy just use some good quality body filler? or does this area need to be able to expand and contract with the heat and cold enough that if you used regular body filler it may crack?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

69*F5*SE

3M Drip Check is flexible and water resistant.  Yeah, body filler would fail for this application.