News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968-1970 Chargers for Sale Question

Started by 1968Coronet500, May 28, 2009, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968Coronet500

I want to sell off the remainder of my Charger Collection including a V-code R/T. I tried to list a few separately on the website, but haven't gotten much of a response. Any suggestions? I would like to sell all 6 of them in a package deal.

Thanks

Ghoste

Just keep advertising, times are slow right now and trying to sell a collection in one lot can be a hassle even when times are good.  You might want to try an auction house if you are looking to unload them as a single lot.

mikepmcs

Are you posting pictures of them as well?  I myself really like a visual as well as a description. If I win the lotto Saturday, I'll buy them and give some away. :2thumbs:

Good luck to you

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JoeyGowdy

What's their models/makes?

What are you asking for all six?

Any pictures or videos?

Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

1968Coronet500

Thanks guys, I've posted the pictures, but it always seems there are guys who are too lazy to come and see them in person.  There is at least $30,000 in parts invested and another $80,000 into the cars. With today's market I'd say any offer over $75,000, I'd sell them all.

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

68charger383

Honestly, I'd sell them all separate. The odds of finding someone with $80K for the lot is a lot less than finding someone with $10K for one!

I looked and your ads could be a lot better :Twocents: . You need to provide a lot more pictures and much more detail on the cars. it's 2009, the person who buys your car will probably be 1500 miles away. You have to give them the illusion that they are right there looking at the car.

Take really good pictures of each panel under the car (front/sides/back), interior, motor, trunk, rear put car on lift, floor boards, frame rails. A big +, do a walk around video with the engine running. Be very descriptive of what you've done to the car and it still needs. Better to oversell the car then under sell the car and have someone claim you deceived them.

I'd sell them on ebay.

This guy is a pro at selling cars on ebay. Notice the pictures are what really make you feel comfortable with placing a bid without seeing the car. He places a 100 photos on the ebay ad (have to spend some $ to make some $) and he focuses on the areas known to rust be an issue etc. on the car so you see what you get. I've seen this guy get $5K over what someone else would get for a car just based on the very descriptive ad he does.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170336102726&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

:popcrn:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

1968Coronet500

brandon01

I am very interested in purchasing a 68-70 Charger that needs some work done to it. What cars do you have for sale? Does anyone else know of any solid Chargers for sale.

Cooter

Might wanna check the date on this thread. It's 3 years old.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

brandon01

Wow I guess i didnt see that. Thanks for letting me know

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on July 16, 2012, 11:41:33 AM
Might wanna check the date on this thread. It's 3 years old.

Yeah but with the economy as it is, he still may have them!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

I know this is an old thread but there are some ways you can get your ads seen:

1. Start a thread about it in another section pretending to ask a seemingly unrelated question to "inadvertently" drum up interest in your ads (oh, wait. That's what this thread is).

2. Try doing a "what's it worth" thread where you say you might be selling your car soon and then pretend to gather value opinions from fellow members.

3. Post a random picture of your car in the main section and after you get 3-4 responses, casually mention that it might be going up for sale soon.

4. Go through a bunch of threads looking for cars similar to yours and "carpet bomb" them with remarks like "Hey, that looks like the car I'm trying to sell right now!"

Ghoste

C'mon Bull, like any of those things would ever actually happen.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House