News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bands that you have seen live

Started by C_stripes, May 30, 2009, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on May 23, 2013, 12:25:04 PM
Went and saw The Sheep Dogs last tuesday  , Fantastic Canadian band small small venue and small crowd great show

Saw   Sound Garden last Night    Chris Cornell was great as he always is 

Wouldn't mind seeing Soundgarden, they put out some great albums.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 23, 2013, 01:04:31 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 23, 2013, 12:25:04 PM
Went and saw The Sheep Dogs last tuesday  , Fantastic Canadian band small small venue and small crowd great show

Saw   Sound Garden last Night    Chris Cornell was great as he always is 

Wouldn't mind seeing Soundgarden, they put out some great albums.   :2thumbs:
you would like the sheep dogs too  , fantastic live
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

bill440rt

I'm dating myself on some of these, but keep in mind I grew up in the '80's:

KISS (several times)
WASP
Ratt
Bon Jovi (several times)
Metallica (several times)
Ozzy (MANY times)
Judas Priest
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Alice in Chains
Smithereens (believe it or not the loudest concert I EVER attended)
White Zombie
Fuel
Deep Purple
Eric Johnson
Disturbed
Chickenfoot
Daughtry
Tonic

I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting over the years.
We got tickets to see Black Sabbath coming up in August this year, can't WAIT to see Sabbath!!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Brightyellow69rtse

i just saw steel panther a few weeks ago at hampton beach they were awesome! had front row cuse it was general admission. the band kept making references at my girl haha i got some videos of it.

ACUDANUT

greenpigs

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on May 24, 2013, 01:36:05 PM
i just saw steel panther a few weeks ago at hampton beach they were awesome! had front row cuse it was general admission. the band kept making references at my girl haha i got some videos of it.

They like BIG boobies, for some reason. :D :shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lost Sheep

In the last 3 years I have seen:
Guns N' Roses Minneapolis 2011.
Sebastian Bach David,ND 2012
Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert, Alabama WeFest 2012
Skid Row Sturgis,SD 2012
Sweet Cyanide Sturgis,SD 2012
Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Sturgis,SD 2012. (Front row, oiled Rock N Roll Show)
George Strait Grand Forks,ND Feb. 2013 (final tour)
Jason Aldean Grand Forks,ND March 2013
Hell's Bells An AC/DC Tribute May 2013
In July 2013 gonna see Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators in Walker,MN for Moondance Jam. Can't f'n wait
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

ACUDANUT

Old Moparz

Just went to Bethel Woods (Woodstock) tonight with my daughter to see Cheech & Chong, who are touring with Tower of Power, an R&B band that's been around for years, & War. What a great show!  :2thumbs:

Some of the band members are the original guys, but they have some younger people in the band who are just great musicians. Seeing the live versions of songs like "Lowrider"....."Why Can't We Be Friends"......"Cisco Kid".......and......"Spill The Wine" made the whole night.

My daughter loved the bands & thought Cheech & Chong were funny. They did some of their classic routines including, "Dave's Not Here".....  :smilielol:

Tommy Chong's wife was the M.C. for the night. I didn't know being a stoner can get hot babes.  :lol:

His wife Shelby Chong......  :D
               Bob                

Bob T

Didnt think id see the day of C & C doing a revival gig  :lol: But yes Mrs C gets the vote.

The Boss is coming in March next year, just announced today, that'll be a must
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

moparstuart

Uncle george and his wife went too
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on August 16, 2013, 11:04:53 AM
  Uncle george and his wife went too

Yeah, I saw that he had posted he was going but I didn't see him at the show, it's too large of a venue to bump into anyone you know. I also got there about 20 minutes late because I either misread the time on the website, or it was posted wrong.  :shruggy:  Most of the shows start at 8pm but this one started at 7:30pm. ::)
               Bob                

remta1

The Boss is coming in March next year, just announced today, that'll be a must
[/quote]

Yeah wouldn't mind going to that

69chargerboy

Steel Panther  :METAL:

I dont get out much!  :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Chatt69chgr

Blues Bros
Beach Boys
Seals & Crofts
Charlie Daniels Band
Edgar Winter
Blue Highway
ZZ Top
Dave Brubeck
Ahmad Jamal
Del McCoury Band
Kenny Wayne Shepard
BB King
Earth, Wind, and Fire
Robert Cray
Alison Krauss
Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mtn Boys
Rhonda Vincent
Natalie Cole

probably others I can't think of right off.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

471_Magnum

Not sure when I last posted/updated in this thread, but I'm pretty sure since then I've seen Sammy Hagar one more time (this summer), and Zac Brown Band two more times (including last night) since then. We try to catch both acts every time they're in the neighborhood.

I've now seen ZBB six times. This last one will probably go down as most memorable since we decided at the last minute to bring our 9 year old daughter. This actually her second time seeing them, but first from the pit. The kicker is that at the pre-show fan club party, she and her friend won tickets to the Eat & Greet to have dinner with the band. So she had supper with Zac (although we were later told she didn't clean her plate).

ZBB always does several rock covers in the their show which are always awesome. Last night's included Billy Joel's 'Piano Man', Metallica's 'Enter the Sandman', Zep's 'Cashmere', G&R's 'Patience', and others.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Old Moparz

Time to add a more.   :D

Godspeed You! Black Emperor.....They opened for Nine Inch Nails on the current tour (Most of you will hate it....LOL) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdF9uhVrI0

Ginger Baker (Finally !!) http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/arts/music/ginger-baker-heats-up-the-iridium.html?_r=0

Julie Slick......Incredible bass player who tours with Adrian Belew, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Markus Reuter & Tobias Ralph as The Crimson ProjeKCt

We Used to Cut The Grass.....Very good jazz band. https://soundcloud.com/weusedtocutthegrass

Dylan Doyle Band.......A local 3 piece band of very young guys that opened for Popa Chubby tonight who played a blues set that was very impressive! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kpDPn8kxM
               Bob                

Patronus

I saw Suicidal Tendencies about a week ago. Best pit I've been in in a while!!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

rt green

ted nugent austin minn  1981
ufo april wine outlaws iowa jam des moines ia 1981
replacements  sioux falls sd  1986   
third string oil changer

bjl69rt

Metallica x2
Iron Maiden
Rob Zombie
Muse
Linkin Park
Judas Priest
ACDC
Guns N Roses
Seb Bach
Trivium
Lamb of God
Seether
Killswitch Engage
Stone Sour
Blink 182
Sum 41
Rise Against
Disturbed

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, A few festivals under the belt you kinda lose track haha

If you havnt see 'Tallica, Seether or Disturbed live do it!

War wagon

Nazareth / Aerosmith
Iron maiden / Twisted sister
Ratt
Metallica
Wasp / Armoured saint
Eric Clapton few times
Eagles couple times
Who couple times
Allman brothers band few times
Helix
Scorpions
Stephen stills
Crosby Stills Nash
Trooper
Alice cooper
Ozzy couple times
Big sugar
Kid rock few times
Black sabbath reunion tour 15yrs ago on my 30th bday :cheers:

And probably as many more I can't remember  :P :-\

Old Moparz

Seeing a live, solo drum performance may not count as a band, but since Terry Bozzio is a drummer that had played with many bands over the years I suppose it counts.  :icon_smile_big:

Terry Bozzio's drum kit....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxe-SWxDEcw

It was a small club in Asbury Park, NJ called "The Saint" which was not the greatest of venues for a show. It's just a small, bar that has seen many bands over the years. If I got there early we probably would have got seats, but the food took so long to get where we ate before the show we had to stand. It was still okay though, my daughter & I were only about 20 feet from the stage & could see just fine.

Bozzio had a couple of great stories including one about going to Frank Zappas house at 3AM with a bass player friend of his. It was after a show & Bozzio offered his friend a ride who decided he didn't want to leave his bass in Bozzio's car. When Zappa saw him with the bass he told him to take it out & play. Zappa liked his playing so much he jammed all night, recorded it & decided to dub it over the bass player he just recorded with for his new album.  :lol:

And I just got to see King Crimson 2 more times in Albany last week, what a great performance!  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

Mopar4me

AC/DC (3)
Iron Maiden (3) Up The Irons!
Styx (3)
Reo Speedwagon (3)
Ted Nugent (2)
Aerosmith (3)
Great White (3)
Motley Crue (2)
.38 Special (2)
Tesla
Badlands
Bad Company
Damn Yankees
Trixter
Megadeth
White Lion
The Treatment
Joan Jett
Waysted
Rick Springfield
Tim McGraw/Faith Hill
Slave Raider (Midwest band seen too many times to count!)
Probably missed a few but this is most of them.