News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bands that you have seen live

Started by C_stripes, May 30, 2009, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ol72charger4me

Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and Blackberry Smoke last year at a local vineyard. The were both awesome but I was truly impressed with the Skynyrd group of guys who are real and put it all out there and put so much enthusiasm into playing the songs they have played thousands of time. I've never felt so privileged to see a band in my life. My daughter just saw  Kiss and Def Leppard together.  And then she saw Ted Nugent, where she said there were a bunch of old people (like her dad). She had also just seen Steel Panther and got to meet them in person when they came in where she works, to eat.  Also saw Kentucky Head Hunters and Black Stone Cherry who are one of my most favorite young groups. I've also seen a lot of Christian rock groups but that was a different era of my life. One on the bucket list is to see Judas Priest before they hang it up. :coolgleamA:

Jon Smith

Saw blackberry smoke on friday, second time I've seen them.
Was a sold out show at a decent sized venue, they are getting popular here in the UK.

mpdlawdog

Brittney Fox...Kix...Ratt...Bullet Boys....GNR when Use YOur Illusion was just comining out...Great shows...yes I had a mullett....
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

polywideblock

just saw Motley Crue  and Alice cooper at Sydney's all phones arena sat  16th may 2015    :punkrocka:      what a blast

including a 10 minute drum solo by tommy lee as he rode the "cruciflier"   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ZwP9-OwCE

great night 5 hours of non stop entertainment    :yesnod:  

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ACUDANUT

I was joking when I posted mine. It's funny nobody caught on.  :smilielol:

Old Moparz

Adding to my list.   :coolgleamA:

This past weekend I went to Atlantic City with my wife & daughter to see Alice In Chains, & just a few weeks ago I saw Deep Purple for the first time since 1985. Deep Purple was really good, even if Ian Gillan can't hit the same notes he used to. I wasn't sure if I was going to go but when I mentioned it to my 16 year old daughter they were playing locally she said, "Yes! I definitely want to go!" I actually enjoyed this show more than the one from 30 years ago.  :lol:

Alice In Chains was good too. The newer singer, William DuVall who replaced Layne Staley, did a great job at all the old material. Without a doubt, it was one of the loudest live shows I can remember being at.  :o  Of all the shows I've been to since my first in 1977 there are just a handful that stand out as being REALLY LOUD.   George Thorogood, Jeff Beck, Popa Chubby & The Deftones are the others that will leave you deaf.  :lol:

Just go see a live show no matter who it is, it's better than the stereo at home. :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

polywideblock

seen thorogood 3 x  twice at the venue  that I work at    :yesnod:  always puts on a great LOUD show   :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Quote from: polywideblock on August 18, 2015, 10:55:49 PM
seen thorogood 3 x  twice at the venue  that I work at    :yesnod:  always puts on a great LOUD show   :2thumbs:

True, his shows haven't disappointed me either.  :2thumbs:  One time I saw him in the early 80's, he did a tour that covered 50 states in 50 days & he seemed to be rushing the show that night.  :lol:

There was another tour he did where he brought out some special guests to play on stage with him. This one was also back in the 1980's so I don't recall who, but they were old time blues players.
               Bob                

polywideblock

kiss     :2thumbs:   last night at allphones arena  Sydney     great concert   :yesnod:   

could have done without the "dead daisy's " but   :eek2: what a noise

Old Moparz

Recently I took my daughter to see two Japanese metal bands in NYC, Maximum The Hormone at The Best Buy Theater, & Der En Grey at The Gramercy Theater. Both shows were okay, not my favorite type of music, but live shows are fun. The Best Buy Theater simply sucks. A large empty room, no character, shit acoustics & just not a good place to see a live show so I hope other concerts I get tickets for are at another venue. The Gramercy Theater is an old place, not very big & was much better to be in. I would like to go back to the Gramercy again but wish it was closer to home. The next day I had the chance to see Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy. This is his latest band, a power trio that played all Emerson, Lake & Palmer as well as two King Crimson songs. A small theater that was only a half hour drive made it even better, The Sugarloaf Performing Arts Center in Chester, NY  :cheers:
               Bob                

471_Magnum

Quote from: 471_Magnum on May 29, 2011, 07:47:05 PM
I'll miss a bunch. I'd have to go through all my CDs to remember. Some were opening acts starting out. Most of the country stuff was at my wife's behest. One real stinker in there that was not actually as bad as you might expect:

Loverboy ('86... my first concert)
Hooters (w/ above)
Steve Winwood
Don Henley
Eagles
Bad Company (w/o Paul Rogers)
Romantics
Night Ranger
Gin Blossoms x2
Goo Goo Dolls
Reo Speedwagon
Eagles ('94)
Styx
Kansas
Sheryl Crow
Alice in Chains
Van Halen (91 & 97)
Sammy Hagar x6
Bare Naked Ladies
Dave Matthews Band
Matchbox 20
Train
Blue Oyster Cult
Three Doors Down
Montrose (guest w/Hagar)
Toby Keith x3
Kenny Chesney x2
Alan Jackson
Tim McGraw
Dixie Chicks
George Straight
Brad Paisley
Montgomery Gentry
Barry Manilow (yes... there was definitely a chick involved)

Just this weekend:
Blackberry Smoke (these guys rock!)
Zac Brown Band (awesome)

There are probably a dozen more that escape me at the moment. Some pretty significant opening acts I'm sure I'm forgetting as well.

Four years later there are a few more to add to the list. I've seen the Zac Brown Band eight (yes 8) more times. Seen Blackberry Smoke a few more times as well.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

RallyeMike

Time for a revival of this thread.

Seeing Blue Oyster Cult again Saturday night. They have been touring for 50 years, every year, if you count the first couple years when they were Soft White Underbelly.  :icon_smile_cool:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

tcs69rt

Night Ranger with Survivor 82 (10 minute long "Eye of the Tiger" lol)
John Cafferty Band
The Firm
Eddie Money x3
The Black Crowes x3
Ozzy with Sepultura
Metallica with Korn
AC/DC x3
Enuff Z'Nuff
Warrant, LA Gunns, Ratt
Queensryche x8
Aerosmith with Slash
Aerosmith with Skidrow
Bad Company x2 (with and w/o Paul Rogers)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Kenny Wayne Sheperd x3
Eric Clapton
Tesla
Dokken
Page and Plant
Robert Plant solo x2
Greg Allman
The Cult with Dangerous Toys and Bonham
The Jason Bonham Band x2
Robin Trower
Quiet Riot
ZZ Top with Jeff Healey Band
Foreigner
Scorpions with Mr. Big and Extreme
Creedance Clearwater Re-visted
The Doobie Brothers
Staind with Creed
Iron Maiden with Rob Halford band and Queensryche
Judas Priest x2 with Megadeth and Testament

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

69DAYTONASE

Lynyrd Skynyrd (flew to Atlanta in '87 for their tribute tour kickoff at the Omni, had backstage passes)
Blackfoot (got to jam with them on guitar in '83 great bunch of guys!)
Johnny Van Zant Band
Rossington Collins Band
38 Special
The Outlaws
Stevie Ray Vaughn(opened for Blackfoot in '83)
Thompson Square
Keith Urban(one of the best shows I've ever seen)
Laura Story(Christian Rock)
"My other car is a farm tractor"

Draco

Areosmith
38 Special
Mothers Finest
Blackfoot
UFO
Ratt Accept
Motley Crue
Bon Jovi
Kixx
Gods Smack
Metallica
Billy Squire
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sammy Hager
David Lee Roth
Creed
Disturbed
Mushrum Head
Joan Jett
Jimmy Buffet
Bad Company
Styx
Def Leppard
That's All I can think right now. Couple bands more than once.

Mopar Nut

Boston Drummer Sib Hashian Dies On Rock Cruise Ship

Will be greatly missed, and helped create some legendary tunes. Apparently he collapsed during a performance, doing what he loved most. They were unable to revive him. RIP!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/23/boston-drummer-sib-hashian-dead/
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Laowho

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 30, 2009, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on May 30, 2009, 11:09:40 AM

Caifanes (Nacho might know who they are/were)

Estoy tan enamoraadooo
de la neeegra Tomaaaasaa
que cuando se va de caaaasaa
que triste me pooongooooo

Jarabe de Palo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7IXhHf5-I

Pretenders
Midnight Oil
The Cult
Sisters of Mercy
Yo La Tengo
Flea (at the local bar down the road f/ his house in Costa Rica)
Brazzaville
Pearl Jam
Neil young
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Ramones
Sex Pistols
The Jam
Afghan Whigs
Social Distortion
Black Angels
Alice in Chains
Linkin Park
Bauhaus
NOFX
Smithereens
Brian Eno
Adriano Celentano
Offspring
Sonic Youth
Xmal Deutschland
Van Morrison
Joe Cocker
Tom Waits
Ministry
The The
New York Dolls
Skillets
Concrete Blonde
Kraftwerk
Psychedelic Furs
Joy Division
The Pogues
Gorillaz
Joe Jackson
Janis Ian
Dire Straits
The Bangles
REM
The Fall
Pink Floyd
The Pharcyde
Depeche Mode
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
The Kills
Jesus and Mary Chain
Guns N Roses
Fields of the Nephilim
Dead Can Dance
Galaxy 500
Dead Kennedys
The Cure
Cocteau Twins
The Chameleons
Built to Spill
Doobie Brothers

Old Moparz

Needed to update my list.  :D

Since I last posted I had the chance to see.....

The Stickmen again, with Tony Levin.
The Adrian Belew Power Trio again.
Leslie West again.
Edgar Winter again.
Al DiMeola for the first time solo & not with Return to Forever.
Steve Wilson twice (Fom Porcupine Tree).
Ronin Trower again.
Brand X twice.

And King Crimson two more times. And that will be three more this coming November.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Last night my wife & I decided to go see Iron Butterfly, what a great show.  :musik010:

Sadly they aren't the original members, but technically they are still Iron Butterfly. Over the years people came & went creating an overlap & the longest any of the current members have been in the band is the early 90's. Just being able to see & hear In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida performed live was incredible.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjcvK-Ok9fVAhVB7SYKHW_cBZsQyCkIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUIVe-rZBcm4&usg=AFQjCNFY6na7crab3DRT8yqPuoQrVJYaDw

These guys were all good musicians & did all the solos.  :coolgleamA:

Saw them at a small club called Daryl's House & had dinner while we were there. :cheers:

http://www.darylshouseclub.com
               Bob                

alfaitalia

Ok Ill play.....just to get a UK list on here!!

Iron Maiden.....many times!
Rush
Motorhead ....many times. RIP Lemmy.
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Guns N Roses
Saxon
Muse
Meatloaf
Linken Park
Man-o-war......so loud it hurt (in Guinness Book of Records for being loud!!) RIP Scott
Metallica
Areosmith
Alice Cooper (rubbish though!)
Europe
Girlschool (rubbish)...only band I've boo'ed!
Judas Priest
Krokus
Led Zeppelin
Nazareth
Scorpions
Thin Lizzy (one of my first).

I'm guessing you have my taste in music pretty much figured out by now!!!.....and I don't even have a single tattoo , beard or long hair (did have long hair....too grey for that look now...lol).

https://youtu.be/CWWDKZ-kydE

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Laowho

Sorry, didya say taste?  :rofl: But today I can definitely get behind Linkin Park. Otherwise, no desire to see old stuff. That's what car shows are for. (That, and a chance to see some cars. See what I did there?) Otherwise, if I went to see ABBA and Janis Ian today, it'd be incredibly depressing. Cheers Chester

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-linkin-park-singer-chester-benningtons-last-days-w495942

alfaitalia

You are making me very feel old.....when I saw those bands they were not old bands.....they were current!! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Laowho

Here then, I'll make you hot. Saw Susanna Hoffs in a high school gym in 1982-3 and I'm pretty sure the Bangles were there too. Maybe 200 people. (Same summer I saw REM play at a fair to maybe 100 people.) Just couldn't get my eyes back in my head, and I'm pretty sure she saw me too. Those eyes  :o  I was hypnotized for months. I also remember this old man who used to mosh pit with us in Chicago in the 80s, wh/ I thought was sad, and now I'm that guy, gray pony tail and all. 

Fred

Does anyone remember  :scratchchin: Hmm!...... it was so long ago I can't remember the name of the band. I know they all had long hair and we all wore platform shoes.
Oh hang on, I remember.

"Slade"

Does anyone remember Slade?

Mrs. Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

rarefish