News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bands that you have seen live

Started by C_stripes, May 30, 2009, 09:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Am I the only old timer here that actually went to a Beatles concert?  1966 at Dodger Stadium.

Moody Blues---1988 in Honolulu
Jan & Dean----1975 in Medford Oregon
Beach Boys----1987 at Aloha Stadium
The Doors-----1966 at Whisky a go go, Hollywood
13.53 @ 105.32

Manfred318

Man I would have love to have seen The Doors back then :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

69bronzeT5

So I saw AC/DC and The Answer on Aug.29th. Awesome show but the sound was hard to hear on a few songs. I'm pretty sure because instead of them playing in the hockey arena, they played in the football stadium next door to the arena. I've heard other bands had sound issues too when they played there. Anyways, it was hard to hear anything The Answer was singing except for the singers screams. He had an awesome voice though. AC/DC kicked ass which I expected. Angus did a long ass guitar solo and rose from the center of the arena about 30 feet from me. Overall it was a great night! That's another band I can add to my listings. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ponch ®

I saw Coheed and Cambria AND Heaven & Hell about a month ago. C&C was awesome. As for Heaven & Hell...well shit...Ronnie James Dio is almost 70 years old and the dude still sounds f-in amazing and can still move around the stage.   :METAL:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

greenpigs

Going to local radio show called X fest sunday. alice in chains headliner plus 9 other bands. This will be my third one.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

elacruze

Hm. never was a big concert goer...

Hall & Oates '79 (sorry but the girls loved it)
Nazareth '79
Loverboy '81

After 21 you kind of lose track of the years...

Happy Together Tour '85 (Flo & Eddie & Turtles, Grassroots, The Buckinghams, Tommy James & the Shondelles)
Sammy Hagar
Alice Cooper/Megadeth
Alice Cooper about 6 times and looking forward to more
Cheap Trick many times
Billy Joel
Def Leppard
Marcel Marceau
Marshall Tucker Band
Garth Brooks
George Thorogood
Eric Clapton
Barenaked Ladies
Shooting Star

Probably others I don't recall at the mo.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Jon Smith

If you pinned me down and forced me to tell you my favourite band...it'd have to be the wildhearts...seen them twice this week  ;D

heres a video from each show...(nicked off youtube, I didn't take a camera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq4u_rDNVfw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4URa3dJI0

out of all the bands I've seen I rate them as the best live act in a small or medium sized venue...(never seen them play anywhere really big) a video shot from the crowd might not give the full effect

JohnZepka

brian setser orchestra
santana
millie jackson
the chilites
dave mathews band
kenny wayne sheppard
buffet 6-7
ringo starrs allstars
bb king 3
kiss 2
alice n chains
sponge
al green
pearl jam
neil young 2
ny with crazy horse
dr john
dylan 11
willie nelson 4
bobby blue bland 3
springsteen and the e street band
charlie daniels band
toad the wet sprocket
john fogerty
ben folds five
ted nugent
phish
elvis costello
the ojays
the stylistics
the neville brothers 3
the manhattans
brian wilson
the allman brothers band
the delfonics
eric clapton with buddy guy
beck
john meloncamp 3
phil lesh and friends
the grateful dead (with and without jerry)
joni mitchel

was drunk at most if not all of them but could always remember when I drink and remember almost all well.

DukesofHoward

Rolling_Thunder

Hmmm    I have a short list....   

Alan Jackson
Sugarland
Toby Keith
Trace Adkins
Savage Garden
avenged sevenfold  (mosh pit ended up badly)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

nh_mopar_fan

Looks like I'm adding the Cranberries to my list. They're reuniting and kicking off the tour in a few weeks and just a few miles from me.

We got front row seats too.

Brock Samson

Since this thread started I've been trying to remember all the shows I've been to,..
I have some more I've remembered finally,..
Cab Calloway at the Venitian Room at the Fairmont hotel.
damn! I forget again,.. Oh yeah,..
Everclear and Stabbing Westward at the Warfield again... I forget the thirdband...  :shruggy:
Billy Idol at the height of his Yebel Yell success and Living Color anyone remember Cult of Personality?..
...they were both at the I-Beam on haight Street closed more then ten years ago now...
A band called Expresso at the Stone on Broadway (SF) they were really a fantasticlly great band that noone but musicians used to go see,..
The Red Hot Chillie peppers at Wolfgangs' an early show when they used to play a tune nekkid with socks over their johnsons...  :shruggy:  :smilielol:

Brock Samson

JohnZepka

I do have to say the cranberries would be cool, I always wondered what happened to delores oroiden.  however you spell her name.

Ponch ®

Quote from: JohnZepka on October 01, 2009, 04:09:41 PM

springsteen and the e street band

Never been a big fan in particular (though I do like a few songs), but I hear they do put on an awesome live show.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

69bronzeT5

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 02, 2009, 01:46:25 PM
I just got KISS tickets :icon_smile_big:

You mean the "Gene and Paul + 2 other guys pretending to be Peter and Ace Band"?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 02, 2009, 01:53:37 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 02, 2009, 01:46:25 PM
I just got KISS tickets :icon_smile_big:

You mean the "Gene and Paul + 2 other guys pretending to be Peter and Ace Band"?

Pretty much!

JohnZepka

so ace and peter aren't there?  who's filling in?  aces smoking guitar is awesome!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: JohnZepka on October 02, 2009, 02:22:28 PM
so ace and peter aren't there?  who's filling in?  aces smoking guitar is awesome!

Peter played with them back in 2003 during the KISS Symphony show in Melbourne. Ace was gone already and Tommy Thayer replaced him. The band is currentley Paul, Gene, Tommy and Eric Singer.

JohnZepka

Funny how eric singer is with the band,  gene and paul screwed him after he had been with the band a long time and booted him out when the original band got back together.  I always liked singer, too bad they couldn't bring in bruce kulic for lead guitar or mark st. john.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: JohnZepka on October 02, 2009, 03:17:49 PM
Funny how eric singer is with the band,  gene and paul screwed him after he had been with the band a long time and booted him out when the original band got back together.  I always liked singer, too bad they couldn't bring in bruce kulic for lead guitar or mark st. john.

I like Tommy, he's a good player and down to earth. :yesnod:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 02, 2009, 03:06:22 PM
Quote from: JohnZepka on October 02, 2009, 02:22:28 PM
so ace and peter aren't there?  who's filling in?  aces smoking guitar is awesome!

Peter played with them back in 2003 during the KISS Symphony show in Melbourne. Ace was gone already and Tommy Thayer replaced him. The band is currentley Paul, Gene, Tommy and Eric Singer.

I got to see the "classic" KISS line up during the Carnival of Souls tour back when Cody was still rocking out to the Teletubbies. It was ok, nothing to write home about. I've seen tribute bands that sounded better than them. As for this current line up and tour, I have no interest in seeing them. However, unlike other old bands, at least Gene and Paul have no qualms about admitting that they're doing it for the money.

chargerboy69

Quote from: JohnZepka on October 02, 2009, 03:17:49 PM

I agree Bruce and Eric got screwed and I would love to see Bruce back in.  It might be a little harder to get Mark St. John back in considering he is dead.  Drop the make-up and get Bruce back in the band.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

I went to a couple different concerts the past two weeks.  I took a few pictures.  Here was the first show.  The wife and I saw Rascal Flatts.  Darius Rucker opened for them, he was great.  They were great too, as always.  We had forth row center seats.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford