News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to buy master brake cylinder for my '68?

Started by 28Texaco, November 16, 2005, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

28Texaco

I need a new/reproduction master brake cylinder for my '68 with a 440, automatic, front disc brakes.  I would like to stick to original if possible, so where can I find a high-quality one?  Are there reproduction ones out there?  I've thought about having my rebuilt, but mine has the two posts inward facing the motor and I'd rather have the ones where they face outward towards the fender.  Thanks!!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

bull

You should be able to get that just about anywhere.

napaonline.com lists a few of them:

Browse Catalog >> Brake Systems >> Master Cylinders, Kits & Proportioning Valves

Vehicle: 1968 >> Dodge >> Charger
Product Name
  Item #
  Price
  Select Item

NAPA United Brake Master Cylinder Kit
Usually ships within 3 to 5 days.   UBP
662  $ 31.49

NAPA United Brake Master Cylinder - New
Usually ships in 24 hours.   UBP
36221  $ 72.99

Safety Stop Brake Master Cylinder - New
Available only at NAPA stores.   USS
4736221  $ 37.49

Tru-Stop Master Cylinders Brake Master Cylinder - Remfd
Available only at NAPA stores.   TSM
101475  $ 21.99
Core 16.75
What is a Core Price?

Tom_440

No comment on how long it will last, but my Autozone rebuilt one stops my '68 Charger fine. They gave me one that looked wrong at first, but then started opening boxes, and found one with correct the "bolt down" cover like the original.

GTX

Mine was for a drum brake car but I got it at Pep Boys for something like $11.99 including the core. The core charge was like $10.00 so the master cost me $1.99 or so.

I meant to go back and buy another for a spare but forgot, maybe I'll go down today.

28Texaco

My normal mechanic said that he could get me one made by Wagner for about $110.  Is Wagner any good?  Which are the good brand names?  Thanks!

1968 Dodge Charger R/T

y3chargerrt

I have had great luck with Wager master cylinders.I would also spend the extra money and get a new master cylinder. I wouldn't trust stopping my Charger with a 2 buck master cylinder!

Ghoste

I bought one of the Napa ones for my disc brake car in the summer.  It's working fine so far.  :icon_smile:

BigBlockSam

i don't like rebuilt masters. i've had nothing but bad luck with them, leaking and i had one fail. try to buy a new one. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Iowa_Mopar