News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's here, My new Daytona

Started by hemi68charger, June 01, 2009, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparchris

Congrat's Troy :2thumbs:
I hope this Daytona brings you all the happiness you've been dreaming about for 30 years.  It was May 8th 1982 when I drove my Daytona home and I remember it like it was yesterday.  I hope I can make it to Talladega to see it.
Chris

Old Moparz

Hey Troy, cool to see you finally got a Daytona, you must be happy as a pig in.......     :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on June 01, 2009, 02:46:55 PM
So is the 68 sold ?

It's part of the deal.. my '68 and '69 for his '69... no cash involved, not looking for try and find a buyer for both my cars, etc... Some would say I'm crazy, some would say I hit the nail on the head.. It'll be hard nonetheless, but after all, my last name is Hawkes and now I have wings....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Congratulations Troy, it's been a fun journey here watching you lust after one.

PocketThunder

:popcrn:     :2thumbs:
Let me know where my cars sister is going then so i can keep track for a group photo someday.  

I suppose i could leave now and drive down to Houston before she's gone...   :scratchchin:    :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemidog

Congrats with the wingcharger!  :cheers:
Allthough I'm gonna miss Dana, I really liked that 500.

hemi68charger

Here it is in England with Mr. Wiseman's other former 'Bird and a photo shot for Mopar Muscle Magazine.  I like the steelies as well...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

tan top

finally  got one then Troy  :yesnod:  i'm pleased for you dude , i read over the months & years , on here  how much you wanted one  :yesnod:

awesome stuff  ,   :2thumbs:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NYCMille

Congrats man... all good things come to those who wait. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

I'm tempted to say good luck with it, but I think we all know luck hasn't alot to do with it,.. Hard work and dilligence does however,.. CONGRADULATIONS!!!  :2thumbs: She looks great!  :drool5:

Tex-par

Man I just knew I was not going to live long enough to see you finish that Charger!!!  Well glad you are getting what you want.  good luck with all of it!

gtx6970

I'm confused, where does or whats the talk about Doug's car come into the equation? then you mention an F6 car ? I'm missing something

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

F6Bee

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 01, 2009, 07:08:45 PM
He wants to step up to Dougs 4 speed daytona if the opportunity presents its self.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56853.0.html

Holy chess match Batman.  Good luck Troy with whatever winger you end up with, know you wanted one.  Is it a done deal Lucille?  Titles changed hands?

I am going back to watching the bachelorette with that pretty chick from Canada. 

Rick.

Aero426

This car is still available.     :nana:    Someone needs a cool custom Daytona...

Here's an old shot of the car from 1980 thanks to board member Wi Charger Guy.    The bottom shot is from today.  Only the wheels have changed.

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 01, 2009, 07:23:53 PM
This car is still available.     :nana:    Someone needs a cool custom Daytona...

Here's an old shot of the car from 1980 thanks to board member Wi Charger Guy.    The bottom shot is from today.  Only the wheels have changed.

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I have a dream but no cash   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RAC95054

Congrats, Troy!  I know this has been a long road to travel for you, but it looks like you have made it.  I wish I could have been the one to end up with Dana a while back, but hopefully she'll be treated well in her new home.  -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemi68charger

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 01, 2009, 07:23:53 PM

Douggie !!!  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh     :icon_smile_big:

Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on June 01, 2009, 06:38:59 PM
I'm confused, where does or whats the talk about Doug's car come into the equation? then you mention an F6 car ? I'm missing something

Bill..
Like someone said, if the opportunity arises and I find another home for this Daytona, it will ONLY be if I can get another Daytona (one of two others I know) and a C500 I know of... Well, EVERYONE knows now which Daytona I'm referring to, Doug's....... Fo-speed......

Troy
Troy

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beep Beep Dave

Congrats Troy, looks like a nice clean ride. If you could eventually end up with Doug's car that would be even better.
Good luck with it!

BTW I was at a show this weekend and there was a LL1 1968 Hemi Charger, white top and interior. Original Canadian car.
Here is a couple of pics.

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

paironines

hemi68charger-- most guys want a car like the Daytona but never want to give up whatever cars they currently own, but I think it's great what your doing. Most don't realize that you can't have them all at the same time.

BigBlockSam

:faint:

Quotehit the nail on the head.

WOW!    :boogie: :dance: :dance: :dance:

that's fing GREAT!. You deserve it . you've been trying hard . man that's a purdy daytona . i like it a lot .even better with the dogdish caps .  :Twocents:

get it and drive the wheels off it .  :drive:   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Moparmatty

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on June 01, 2009, 08:17:15 PM
Congrats Troy, looks like a nice clean ride. If you could eventually end up with Doug's car that would be even better.
Good luck with it!

BTW I was at a show this weekend and there was a LL1 1968 Hemi Charger, white top and interior. Original Canadian car.
Here is a couple of pics.

Dave   

I saw that car a few years ago.  Doesn't look like he got any farther with it since I saw it either (not that I'm one to talk).  Wasn't/isn't the prettiest thing underneath.

Congrats on finally getting yourself a Daytona Troy!
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada