News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint recommendations

Started by 1970440RT, November 16, 2005, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970440RT

This question is regarding my '97 Ram p/u.  I'm looking for a tough finish for below the lower body line all around the truck.  The truck is red and I was thinking about spraying black down low to cover existing stone chips and to prevent any further ones.  Someone recommended the rattlecan bedliner but I'd rather spray something out of a paint gun.  It doesn't need to be glossy, just tough.  Any ideas or suggestions?

cudaken

Spary on bed liner will work. I used a brand called Shutz (think that is the spelling). Comes in a quart can and if you buy 3 of them they give you the gun for free. I think the gun by it self is $15.00 but not sure.

Other thing you could do is paint the bottom black either gloss or flat and use a spary of rock guard. If can be had in clear so the color can be seen. Or spary it on first then paint over the top of it. Talk with your local suppier and see what they carry.

So, I have no parts numbers off the top of my head.

Cuda Ken                             
I am back

1970440RT

Thanks for the info Ken.  I'll check it out.

cudaken

I used that trick with people that had no money and rust down low. Worked out real well for both of us. Rock guard was used by GM for many years, has a pepple grain to it.

Cuda Ken
I am back