News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Tank Pad

Started by Shakey, November 14, 2005, 07:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Has anyone here purchased the fuel tank pad that goes between the tank and the trunk floor for their 68-70 Charger?

Any photos?

What was it made of?

Approximate measurements?

Thanks.

ck1

Mine looked like tar paper like they use on roofs of houses or walls, but the gas tank was replaced once, so i don't know if thats original, but it looks like it worked fine.............
CJK

Chryco Psycho

there was a 1/4" thich tar pad from the factory , but you can use virtually any foam or cardboard pad as long as it doesn`t absorb & hold water , you can`t see it once it is in place anyway

bull

For the reasons stated by Chryco above I'd say tar paper would be a good choice. Cardboard or foam would hold moisture and deteriorate. I haven't seen it first-hand but I bet someone out there sells the stuff. I just pulled my tank out about two hours ago and I'll probably be reusing the old, beat up pad that came with the car because the metal underneath is pristine. I don't think anything else is going to prevent moisture and rust better than tar paper.