News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is a 1972 Charger SE Brougham ?????

Started by ChargerHound69, November 16, 2005, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerHound69

This is a all original 1972 Dodge Charger SE Brougham.   I am trying to figure out the engine code, it looks like it could be and "M" or and "N".   It is white with black interior with the black vinyl top.

The Vin from what I can see is WP29?2A********     The original owner is in the hospital and the daughter does not know anything about the car.   The would like to get rid of it for $4,000.    Ohhh  42,000 miles, it just roled I am sure.
Ofcourse I did not have my camera.

Does this sound like a good deal????  

Quick replys please.

Doc74

M is the code for a 400ci 2bbl years 72-74, N wasn't used in 72, only 74 which is the 400 or 70-71 for the 383, both 4bbl.
WP29M would be a SE with 400 2bbl.
Hope this helps

ChargerHound69

Yes it does Doc74.  Thanks for the help.  I think I am going to get this car, it runs pretty good and the body is in excellent condition.  I will be going there in the morning, so I am trying to find out as much as I can before then.
Does anyone know the production numbers on these cars, I can not find that info anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Doc74

You're welcome

Without looking it up, since I don't know where my book is, there were about 1400 SE's, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Edit now I read that there were + 22.000 SE's ,maybe it was 1400 brougham's OR maybe I'm dreaming.  :icon_smile_big:
In any case, It's one of the first less muscle, more luxury chargers but at least it has the bigger engine !

andy74

that is exactly how mine was equipped from the factory-400 2 bbl(190 horse?)makes it easy to slip in a 440,hehehehe

ChargerHound69

Well it did have the 2 bbl carb so it must be the one.  I wish I had my camera.  It never fails, the one time you don't have it.  Anyways the interior is in excellent condition.  The guy parked it a few years ago, but the daughter said he may have only driven it a handfull of times in the last 12 years.

Hopefully I can get some good pictures in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

TruckDriver

Sounds like it looks just like my car did. For $4,000 it's a good deal :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerHound69

I know that there is a good layer of dirt on it, but the paint still looked good.  I need to get it out of the barn to see the whole car.  It does sound worth it to me.

Andrew

Chargerguy74

Cool, I like the 72 SEs, one of the first 3rd gens I ever wanted (back in highschool). Mine's a P code.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

ChargerHound69

Hmmmmmmm  I have called the lady about 5 times all day and no answer, maybe she changed her mind.

I will have to wait for her to call me.   :shruggy: