News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this go on my car???

Started by green69rt, June 03, 2019, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I happened to be looking for some parts and ran across this relay/buzzer.  It took a little hunting but I think it's a headlight warning buzzer.   I couldn't find this part in the wiring diagrams for my Charger but did find it in the Coronet section.  I got a big bunch of misc parts when I bought my car and this was among them, I think.  I do not remember removing it (which doesn't mean a lot.)  So is it something that goes on a 69 Charger??  I really don't want to install it cause my dash is all in and wired but if you guys say it has to be then I'll try.

Alaskan_TA

1970 was the first model year for a key-in reminder buzzer.

green69rt

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 03, 2019, 04:53:08 PM

I think this is buzzer sounds if you have the headlights on and open the doors. :shruggy:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: green69rt on June 03, 2019, 04:55:04 PM

I think this is buzzer sounds if you have the headlights on and open the doors. :shruggy:

Yes, as long you have the diode pigtail to add the lights buzzer on feature on circuit. If not, will be just for key in function, which is standard. Lights on buzzer function was optional.

Need to say, the lights on buzzer is NOT headlights, but simply lights on. It gets activated by the parking light circuit actually
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

gasoline_24

This looks like the power window relay.  Did your car come with power windows? 

green69rt

Quote from: gasoline_24 on June 03, 2019, 09:32:17 PM
This looks like the power window relay.  Did your car come with power windows? 

Nope, just a base Charger.

green69rt

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 03, 2019, 05:45:53 PM
Quote from: green69rt on June 03, 2019, 04:55:04 PM

Yes, as long you have the diode pigtail to add the lights buzzer on feature on circuit. If not, will be just for key in function, which is standard. Lights on buzzer function was optional.

Need to say, the lights on buzzer is NOT headlights, but simply lights on. It gets activated by the parking light circuit actually

But was it standard in 69?  Doesn't sound like it. 

70sixpkrt

Looks like a Key in Buzzer relay. Any numbers on the back of the relay?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)