News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vitamin C Bird Finally Home

Started by maxwellwedge, May 05, 2009, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Im not questiong the car just wondering about the componet finish. :2thumbs:

I was under the impression that all springs were natural from research Ive been doing so I could get my car as close to accurate as possible.

I hope it was not taken in a negative way? :icon_smile_blackeye:
wingless now, but still around.

hemigeno

There really are a lot of '69-70 B-bodies with painted springs.  My Daytona is being restored this way, although that doesn't mean too much.  '68s almost all (if not all) had natural springs, but '69+, especially late '69+, seemed to have a whole lot more painted spring examples.  Why that is the case would be anyone's guess...   :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 17, 2009, 11:44:48 AM
Im not questiong the car just wondering about the componet finish. :2thumbs:

I was under the impression that all springs were natural from research Ive been doing so I could get my car as close to accurate as possible.

I hope it was not taken in a negative way? :icon_smile_blackeye:

Nope - No offence taken - just short, hurried answers as I was out the door.  :cheers:

CornDogsCharger

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the paint appear to be more on the shade of Hemi Orange.  Does the camera flash just make it appear that way?  Here is a picture of the drum that I removed from the car I am working on.  I matched it dead-on and repainted the entire drum.  I feel like the sides of the drums were also painted originally.  When you drive the car the pads heat up this area and burns the paint.  This is only speculation though.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

maxwellwedge

Well I can honestly say I have never seen them completely painted - And I have seen a lot of them.......But not all of 'em!  ;D

UFO

When I took my 69 charger apart,the drums were completely painted.
Looked like red primer.Might not be relevent as it's a high mileage car.Who knows if they have been changed or it might be something a previous owner did.