News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New project...Pro Street Daytona clone

Started by hotrod98, May 02, 2013, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I promise that the very next pic that I post will have something to do with the Daytona.  :coolgleamA:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lighthorseman

..."I promise that the very next pic that I post will have something to do with the Daytona"... 

:2thumbs:  :popcrn:

Stevearino

JB400

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 09, 2014, 08:57:08 PM
I promise that the very next pic that I post will have something to do with the Daytona.  :coolgleamA:
Please note, he didn't say when :lol:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

hotrod98

I've been working on customer cars and haven't had time to work on my own projects lately.  I almost sold the Daytona clone project out of frustration. As soon as I have this hemi roadrunner finished and out of my shop I plan to pull the Charger in and at least get the bodywork finished.

Charles Addams

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

472 R/T SE

I was getting ready to post something about not seeing online in a year or so.  You must just be keeping yourself busy.  Hope everything's OK down in that part of the country?  Hear it's gotten a little hot down there too.  We set all kinds of records relating to heat.  The one I hate, most consecutive days of 90 degrees or higher, like 2 weeks!   :flame:

Nice to see ya' posting Larry.   :cheers:

hotrod98

The heat has gotten bad lately.  I start painting around 10:00 at night and usually finish around 4:00 a.m..  For what it's worth, I have been giving a lot of thought as to just what I want to do on this project. There are so many directions that I could go with this build. I have a pre-world block 426 hemi crate motor that I was planning to use in my 71 Cuda.  My fiancée Tammy has decided that she wants to drive our Cuda and has asked me to go with a 340 4 speed in it. It's a 340 auto shaker car so I don't have a problem with that. I'm thinking that instead of using my 6.4 crate motor I'll use the 426 in the Daytona project. I have a fresh 727 hemi auto with the factory kickdown stuff and a hemi k member. I have Gear Vendor Overdrive  that would make the car a little more highway friendly. I also have a FAST fuel injection setup and a stage V dual quad intake. I've been pricing brakes, rims and tires. I may have to mortgage my house. That will be the most expensive part of the build.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Well, here it is November. How time flies.  Been very busy with seven customer builds this year. Delivered a couple of them in the last few months but new ones keep coming in. While that's good news for business, it's bad news for my other personal projects.
Just before leaving for SEMA last month, I pulled my Charger into the shop with high hopes of working on it in what little spare time that I have. I've considered just selling it a couple of times but know that I would truly regret it if I did. So far I've removed the doors and fenders and have them just about ready for etch prime. I need to finish welding in the new quarters and tail panel.

My plans keep changing on this project for several reasons.
First, if I make the build too complicated, it might never be finished.
Second, I want to keep the cost down as much as possible to save money for the 71 Cuda that I'm building for my fiancée.
Third, I really want a hotrod to just drive hard and not worry about. Not a showcar or garage queen. 

I'm sticking with the plan of using my 426 crate motor with the dual quad FAST EFI instead of the 6.4 392. This way I can save the 6.4 for Tammy's cuda. Still going with the hemi 727 and a PPP shifter. No console. Race seats just like the ones in my drag pak Challenger.  Road race style roll cage. Shortened fenders, shortened hood, steel Altered Daytona nose, no a pillar trims, no fender scoops, Dane's aluminum wing, stock taillights, painted rear bumper, side markers shaved, recessed filler and several other custom mods. Very sparse interior with a modified stock dash frame and no rear seats. Might run the exhaust through the front of the quarters. Might not.  Haven't decided yet.

At this point I have about 20K in the car, nose, wing, 426, hemi auto and race seats. Still need TTI headers, aluminum radiator, PPP shifter, roll cage and whatever rims and tires I decide to go with. Hope to keep it at around 25K altogether.

Hopefully more updates, soon.  Would like to drive it next summer..

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 14, 2015, 09:17:13 PM
Well, here it is November. How time flies.  Been very busy with seven customer builds this year. Delivered a couple of them in the last few months but new ones keep coming in. While that's good news for business, it's bad news for my other personal projects.
Just before leaving for SEMA last month, I pulled my Charger into the shop with high hopes of working on it in what little spare time that I have. I've considered just selling it a couple of times but know that I would truly regret it if I did. So far I've removed the doors and fenders and have them just about ready for etch prime. I need to finish welding in the new quarters and tail panel.

My plans keep changing on this project for several reasons.
First, if I make the build too complicated, it might never be finished.
Second, I want to keep the cost down as much as possible to save money for the 71 Cuda that I'm building for my fiancée.
Third, I really want a hotrod to just drive hard and not worry about. Not a showcar or garage queen. 

I'm sticking with the plan of using my 426 crate motor with the dual quad FAST EFI instead of the 6.4 392. This way I can save the 6.4 for Tammy's cuda. Still going with the hemi 727 and a PPP shifter. No console. Race seats just like the ones in my drag pak Challenger.  Road race style roll cage. Shortened fenders, shortened hood, steel Altered Daytona nose, no a pillar trims, no fender scoops, Dane's aluminum wing, stock taillights, painted rear bumper, side markers shaved, recessed filler and several other custom mods. Very sparse interior with a modified stock dash frame and no rear seats. Might run the exhaust through the front of the quarters. Might not.  Haven't decided yet.

At this point I have about 20K in the car, nose, wing, 426, hemi auto and race seats. Still need TTI headers, aluminum radiator, PPP shifter, roll cage and whatever rims and tires I decide to go with. Hope to keep it at around 25K altogether.

Hopefully more updates, soon.  Would like to drive it next summer..
once your dont with it and had your fun  im first in like to purchase it   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Charles Addams

djcarguy

Danggit STUWIE only took ya 6 min 34 sec after Hotrods update to start the line an dibbes on his Tona hot rod project, :brickwall: :shruggy:HA HA HA.WILL bee looking, an watching. :popcrn: :popcrn:  best on ya build ,like the plan,short nose,no back seat,sounds great,true hotrod an go fast special. :2thumbs: :popcrn: :cheers:  how bout second in line?? DJ  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

djcarguy

RCCDrew

djcarguy

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 13, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
Quote from: Howie on May 07, 2013, 11:41:26 AM
that pro daytona was out of St Louis I heard and the owner shot me an email a while back. Not sure where it is now. Has a blown injected 392 in it. Got the magazine article at home.

I saw that daytona at the nats it was Wally Edlers

392 thats what was in it

see page 2top for side shot of red hemi bird...   WHERE is HOTROD an his cars lately ??? ??? ???    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: