News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do wait to put intake on after rocker arms on?

Started by WH23G3G, June 22, 2009, 11:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

On my 400 I've got rocker arms, intake, distributor drive, and motor mounts left to put on my engine. I've got lifters in and I've got new pushrods ready. Do I put the pushrods and lifters in and then intake and then the rockers? Or do I wait until the rocker arms, pushrods, and lifters are all on until I put the intake on. I can't guarentee it's going to run right since it's my first rebuild but it sure will look good.

Sublime69

Yes, you should wait on the intake until you've got the valvetrain in and torqued (rocker shafts).

I made the mistake of trying to drop pushrods in with the intake on, when I went to bump the engine over to adjust my rockers (Crane Gold Race) one of the pushrods wasn't seated correctly and busted the edge right off of a lifter.

Had fun fishing that one out.  :brickwall:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

71charger_fan

use a thin wooden dowel to help hold all the pushrods in a line and it makes the install so much easier