News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vanishing Point 68 Charger

Started by CornDogsCharger, June 22, 2009, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I just watched the 1997 remake again and I'm still wondering where the rolled '68 ended up....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Daytona R/T SE

Anybody else notice the through the windsheid shots of the cops are not taken in a Charger? :shruggy:

That is, except for the roll-over scene-that's a Charger :eek2:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 13, 2009, 11:39:34 PM
Anybody else notice the through the windsheid shots of the cops are not taken in a Charger? :shruggy:

That is, except for the roll-over scene-that's a Charger :eek2:

Yea, O notice that right off the bat. There in the Challenger.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Ghoste

Sure like it better as the unrolled version.

FastbackJon

I'm trying to imagine the conversations that would happen when people ask about your Charger and you nonchalantly tell them "my Charger is the one from the movie Vanishing Point".

Response... "No, can't be true, they used a Challenger in Vanishing Point, not a Charger."

Response... "Want to put $100 on it?"
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

VP FAN

Hey Jon funny you should mention different responses. I have had people say to me "I thought they used a Challenger in VP". Love driving this car and the fact it was in the movie. I've even spoken to the owner(Jeff Dines) who's from Glendale. He sold the car to Vanishing Point productions. He was kind enough to send me photos of the day he sold it and when he was on location during filming

tcs69rt

In August of 1996 the VP Challenger and Charger cars were on display at the 1st Mopar Nationals in Las Vegas. I have old 8mm tape of the event. Besides those cars they gave away a orange 68 or 69 383 Road Runner. I have video of vehicles for sale in the car corral that will make us all  :eek2: A brown 69 Charger RT Hemi for 25 grand, 70 green Superbird that was 29 but marked down the last day to 27, not sure if it sold? Convertible Challengers that were under 10 grand, ugh!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

426HemiChick

Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2009, 11:31:04 AM
It's my favorite Mopar mag but at least half of every episode (sic) is just stuff they make up.  They are like the National Enquirer of car mags.

Hi Folks,                11 April 2022

Just happened to be poking around threads when we came upon this one. You are exactly correct about MCG making stuff up. Most of those on this site know the story of the 69 426 Hemi Daytona Bob Jennings ("taxspeaker") bought in October 2020. The story that ran in MCG was mostly BS by some clown who thinks he's a writer. All the facts and the story are right here on this site. Guess it would have been be too easy to read the facts before writing an article filled with his fantasies.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court