News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70' Black SuperBird w/Flames?

Started by dads_69, November 18, 2005, 03:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemihead

I have a pic of that somewhere.Hideous  I think.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69_500

There was plenty of funky looking Superbirds and Daytona's back in the early 80's. I'll go through some pictures here in a few days and post some of the strange ones. I believe I even have a picture of a Pink Superbird with white running down the side from nose cone to tail. I know  there is a pic of a Limelight green Daytona with a black longitudinal stripe down the side of it. There were some strange people then.

Old Moparz

Quote from: dads_69 on November 18, 2005, 03:29:12 AM
Back in the early 80's it was in a magazine, anyone remember it from that far back? Of have you seen it recently in a magazine or show? It was a 70' SuperBird for sure, I had it in a mag' myself, but it got tossed out accidently while we were moving. Car was all black with flames from the nose cone all the way down the side of it and I believe it had Cragar S/S mags even. Any info. or photos welcomed of it.
Mark

I still have that magazine, it was called "CARS" & was about the only one back then that ever put Mopars in it. (Screw Hot Rod & Car Craft) The black Superbird was on the cover if I'm not mistaken, & I was just telling my wife about it not more than a few days ago. White at the tip of the nose fading into the reddish orange further back. I liked the flame job & since my 6 year old daughter likes them & always points out the flames at car shows, I should paint the Daytona I'm building the same color. It's only paint, so what the hell?   :D

I can try to find it & scan it for you, but it may take a while. I'm helping a friend pick up a '65 Satellite this weekend with my trailer, it's a 383 car with a 440 now. I'll be sure to get some pics too.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TruckDriver

Quote from: hemihead on November 18, 2005, 07:29:32 AM
I have a pic of that somewhere.Hideous   I think.

I'd like to see that, I like flames :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

THE CHARGER PUNK

2fast4u

I wanna see too!!!     :scope:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Old Moparz

Hey dads_69,

I've been going through a bunch of boxes with old magazines, & so far I haven't seen it yet. I know I wouldn't have tossed it since it was one of my favorites. It was issue #1, & I have found issue #2. (The only reason I know that, is because in the back of issue #2 there is a small, black & white pic of the Superbird in issue #1.)

I have found a bunch of other mags with ads, stories & feature cars that are definitely worth scanning, but I'm on a quest to get the blackbird first. It's now going to annoy the crap out of me until I do find it. I'll be back in the attic this week to get some decorations & will look at a couple of more boxes to see if it's there.

I found a General Lee story in a mag from when the series was still on in prime time. I think it was interviews with the guys building the cars & behind the scenes kind of thing. There's more, but I don't recall offhand, I'll have to scan that too for another thread & post it later some time. Don't worry, I didn't forget about the bird, Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus