News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric Pusher fan with good experience - Daytona cooling issue.

Started by hemi68charger, June 28, 2009, 08:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 10, 2009, 08:16:47 AM
Hey Scott.
The poor quality strap is a possibility. Thanks for bringing that up. I too will get the straps again. Do you remember the vendor you used? Also, guess it would be a good idea to replace the brake fluid. Guess that'll be another thread on "purging" out old brake fluid.

Troy

Troy,
I don't remember who I got the new straps from. I
bought them from a vendor in 2004 at the Charlotte AutoFair, so I don't have a receipt either to refer back to.
I remember the first set was "whiter" than the second set (white like painted , or a piece of paper), the new ones are kind of a clear/white or milky clear. The first set lasted about 3 weeks , the current straps get pretty soft after an hour or so of run time but are still in place after 5 years.
:Twocents:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

found some good cooling fans  today ( cheap) LOL  free in my salvage yard
  97-99 caddy catera's have dual ( two) pushers up in front of the a/c condenser
they are perfect with shrouds built on .  These caddys are showing up in the u pull it yards because the motors are not that greatest . So you should be able to buy them pretty cheap . Great choice if your on a budget or for a clone to make sure you engine stays cool with that nose up there .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

So its 6 years later and was wondering how these fans worked out or what's being used now?  After adding AC I know I may as well add a pusher while its being assembled.

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on October 21, 2015, 08:58:35 PM
So its 6 years later and was wondering how these fans worked out or what's being used now?  After adding AC I know I may as well add a pusher while its being assembled.
still love my u pick it caddy fans still cool great and push alot of air 

daytonalo

Is it possible to eliminate  water pump driven  fan all together with the addition of electric fan ?  Just like modern cars do

BigBlockSam

[quoteIs it possible to eliminate  water pump driven  fan all together with the addition of electric fan ?  Just like modern cars do][/quote]

it is possible . i did it on my rod . that has a big 440 motor but it took 2 massive electric fans and a big alt to power them .  :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

if you go to the be cool website there is a chart . how to figure out the cfms of air  you need or your size motor  :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

I'm sure there is a chart, but  I've been around long enough that there are so many variables in each application . I.E . air flow , engine tuning , etc 

BigBlockSam

QuoteI've been around long enough that there are so many variables in each application

if you know so much why are you asking questions? it goes by hp and cu . it worked for me . now go away  :slap:

daytonalo

Take it easy Cupcake ! Did you paint your car yet ?  Try this shit again , I dare ya !!!!

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

oldcarnut

Quote from: moparstuart on October 24, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
Any idea of the AMP draw on those Stu?

A383Wing

if I remember, I Think a 30a fuse protected them in the cars

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on October 25, 2015, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 24, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
So its 6 years later and was wondering how these fans worked out or what's being used now?  After adding AC I know I may as well add a pusher while its being assembled.
Any idea of the AMP draw on those Stu?
it was pretty high i had to add Relays and 30 amp fuse

BigBlockSam

Quoteit was pretty high i had to add Relays and 30 amp fuse

thats why i upgraded to a 100 amp alt

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 27, 2015, 09:37:58 AM
Quoteit was pretty high i had to add Relays and 30 amp fuse

thats why i upgraded to a 100 amp alt
who has those  ???

thehemikid

I've been running the Mercedes Benz "Monster" fan with a Glen Ray "Max Cooling" core with good results since early July.  95* day, not a problem. The fan starts up with a spike of 50 amp then settles down to 39.  Run on a circuit breaker.

Also a cs130 alt with 105 amp at Idle. Bolts up to the existing brackets, with a few washer/spacers here and there.  Alt comes fairly close to the hemi head and also made a diagonal cut on the lower outside head boss for some wrench swing clearance for tightening the hot stud.

Did a Rick Ehrenburg fix with an added 8 gauge wire with fusible link to the solenoid.

Did need to cut the pulley bolt heads down and cut the pump shaft for a little more clearance to be able to pry a belt through there after trimming some more on the shroud to radiator boss area. Not for the OEM/Concourse though.

PS: Got about 1800 miles on it now.  :Twocents:

BigBlockSam