News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best route across the country... READY TO ROLL!!!

Started by NYCMille, July 13, 2009, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Sounds like a job FOR...... him.  :D
Delete my profile

NYCMille

IT'S TOTALLY A JOB FOR....... HIM!! DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  :2thumbs:

FLG

Mike you might have missed my post, what time are you leaving NYC.

NYCMille

Most likely Sat. or Sun. morning - I'm thinking 5-6am'ish. The goal is to drive about 500-600 miles per day. I've done a lot distance driving and both physically and mentally I find it much easier to leave earlier. If anyone wants to take along for awhile let me know - as soon as I post the route I'll let everyone know as I'd like to meet as many people as I can along this drive!

FLG

Well you already met me once but i was just picking up some stuff from ya for another member  :2thumbs:

If you plan on leaving Sunday morning i might be able to tag along for some of the first leg  :D

tommymac

Sorry we missed you at Carlise,This drive sounds great,lots of fun .Just that drive was a blast,in traffic,all the thumbs up.

68charger383

Here's a great site for the local shows and cruise nights in SoCal. We have so many shows on the weekends and cruisenights everyday it's incredible.  

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

I say donut derelicts in Huntington Beach and cars and coffee in Irvine would be a must do on Saturday morning if your in the area.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

C_stripes

Are you planing on coming through Utah or Idaho? If so, I will do my best to find out. I know of a cool car show in September, I am sure there will be something going on. PM me if you want.

Jeremy

Also, how do I get on as a co-pilot sometime?  :icon_smile_big:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

NYCMille

Well, here's the deal so far – and please give me some feedback.

Starting in NYC – Rte. 80 into PA to Rte. 81 into W. Virginia, Virginia, Knoxville TN. Then Rte. 40 through the rest of TN, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Cut up on Rte. 35 into Kansas, then hit Rte. 70 through Colorado and into Utah. From there pick up Rte. 15 through Las Vegas, NV – then pick up Rte. 10 and over Los Angeles, CA. From there we'll hit Rte. 101 up to San Francisco and then jump on Rte. 80 into Reno, NV...

Whatcha' all think?

I'm planning the Day by Day right now so if you have suggestions let me know - again, leaving this coming Sat. and will try to be in LA, CA area either Friday night or Sat. morning.

skip68

Sounds great Mike.   :2thumbs:   I hope we can meet up.  I'll see if "HIM" will go with me.   Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RECHRGD

This is a sad day for those of us in the northwest. :'( :'( :'(
13.53 @ 105.32

mauve66

hey chuck, if you remember, remind me when he's coming to town, i still want to meet you and vegasmike sooner or later
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

NYCMille

OK! New route - we've been discussing it and have changed it up a little bit as we wanted to spend as much time as possible in CA before we head to up to Los Altos, CA then over to Reno.

If anyone lives in these area's please let me know - let me know what's going on, car shows, cruises, etcs... this entire trip is being documented for a reason that I cannot yet reveal, but trust me, it's cool!

Day 1. Sat. July 25th. Distance: 465.76 miles
NYC - Akron, Ohio
We will be hitting http://www.barbertonspeedway.com/ to see the races that evening.

Day 2. Sun. July 26th. Distance: 288.35 miles
Akron, OH - Indianapolis, IN
INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
Allstate 400 at the Brickyard

Day 3. Mon. July 27th. Distance: 543.10 miles
Indianapolis, IN - Topeka, KS
In all honesty I have NO IDEA what to do at night in Topeka, KS so if anyone has any bright ideas let me know now!

Day 4. Tues. July 28th.  Distance: 540.04 miles
Topeka, KS - Denver, CO
Anyone have any idea's about a cruise night or local gathering here?

Day 5. Wed. July 29th. Distance: 569.00 miles
Denver, Colorado - Bryce Canyon, UT

Day 5. Thurs. July 30th. Distance: 261.37 miles
Bryce Canyon, UT - Las Vegas, NV

Day 6. Fri. July 31st. Distance: 270.48 miles
Las Vegas, NV - Los Angeles, CA
We plan to be in the LA area from Friday - Sun. so please let me know what's going on and we'll be there.

Day 7. Sat. Aug. 1st  - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Suggestions Welcome
Day 8. Sun. Aug. 2st - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Whats the best Sunday morning Cruise in in this area?

Day 9. Mon. Aug. 3rd. Distance: 95.32 miles
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Barbara, CA

Day 10. Tues. Aug 4th. Distance: 319.61 miles
Santa Barbara, CA - Los Altos, CA

Day 11. Wed. Aug. 5th. Distance: 255.82 miles
Los Altos, CA - Reno, NV for Hot August Nights (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Days 12-15, Aug 6th-9th, Thurs - Sun. will be at Hot August Nights in Reno, NV (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Following week:
Aug. 13th-16th: The Pebble Beach Conquers in Monterrey (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Head home via plane and collapse.  :2thumbs:

69charger2002

what do you do where you can just take off weeks/ a month at a time? that is amazing dude!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

skip68

I'm still looking for something going on in Vegas.   I'll let you know as soon as I find something.     Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NYCMille

Believe it or not - this is for work. I've spent the last 3 years of my life trying to invent my own job, one that optimizes the phrase: "If you love what you do, you'll never work another day in your life" - it's not quite there yet, but it's pretty close and the road to get this far has not been easy. This run is just another building block in that final direction. I'll be honest, driving across the country in the middle of summertime in a black muscle car, with black interior and NO A/C is not as fun as it may sound.

This will be a tough run for both me, my co-driver and the Charger and when all is said and done I'll have racked up almost 5000 miles in 3 weeks time.

:eek2:

moparstuart

Quote from: NYCMille on July 20, 2009, 04:21:05 PM
OK! New route - we've been discussing it and have changed it up a little bit as we wanted to spend as much time as possible in CA before we head to up to Los Altos, CA then over to Reno.

If anyone lives in these area's please let me know - let me know what's going on, car shows, cruises, etcs... this entire trip is being documented for a reason that I cannot yet reveal, but trust me, it's cool!

Day 1. Sat. July 25th. Distance: 465.76 miles
NYC - Akron, Ohio
We will be hitting http://www.barbertonspeedway.com/ to see the races that evening.

Day 2. Sun. July 26th. Distance: 288.35 miles
Akron, OH - Indianapolis, IN
INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
Allstate 400 at the Brickyard

Day 3. Mon. July 27th. Distance: 543.10 miles
Indianapolis, IN - Topeka, KS
In all honesty I have NO IDEA what to do at night in Topeka, KS so if anyone has any bright ideas let me know now!

Day 4. Tues. July 28th.  Distance: 540.04 miles
Topeka, KS - Denver, CO
Anyone have any idea's about a cruise night or local gathering here?

Day 5. Wed. July 29th. Distance: 569.00 miles
Denver, Colorado - Bryce Canyon, UT

Day 5. Thurs. July 30th. Distance: 261.37 miles
Bryce Canyon, UT - Las Vegas, NV

Day 6. Fri. July 31st. Distance: 270.48 miles
Las Vegas, NV - Los Angeles, CA
We plan to be in the LA area from Friday - Sun. so please let me know what's going on and we'll be there.

Day 7. Sat. Aug. 1st  - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Suggestions Welcome
Day 8. Sun. Aug. 2st - Exploring the Car Scene in LA - Whats the best Sunday morning Cruise in in this area?

Day 9. Mon. Aug. 3rd. Distance: 95.32 miles
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Barbara, CA

Day 10. Tues. Aug 4th. Distance: 319.61 miles
Santa Barbara, CA - Los Altos, CA

Day 11. Wed. Aug. 5th. Distance: 255.82 miles
Los Altos, CA - Reno, NV for Hot August Nights (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Days 12-15, Aug 6th-9th, Thurs - Sun. will be at Hot August Nights in Reno, NV (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Following week:
Aug. 13th-16th: The Pebble Beach Conquers in Monterrey (Will have both the Charger & Daytona)

Head home via plane and collapse.  :2thumbs:

My salvage yard is on I-70 in odessa missouri , 30 minutes east of Kansas city . I would love to cruise the roughly 2 hours west on 70 into topeka with you on monday . If you have a rough idea what time you will hit Kansas city I could try to gather a hand full more mopar muscle to cruise from the kc area to topeka also . Then we could all fellowship and have dinner somewhere ??
   Or how about some go carts ?   http://www.sportscenterinc.com/     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NYCMille

moparstuart

Quote from: NYCMille on July 20, 2009, 07:06:24 PM
You've gotta deal and a PM!
salvage yard is exit 41 off I-70 then turn right and a quick right again on the outer road , you come back east 1/4 mile on the outer road and we are right on the frontage of I70 ,dont map quest it cause its alway wrong   but here is the correct address  speedway auto recycling 12583 outer road  odessa mo 64076

my work number is 816 230-4587  my cell is 816-935-1246

are you thinking you will be coming through about 4 or 5pm or earlier ????  so i can start oraniizing anyone else to meet us in kc and head to topeka ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

skip68

The Skip68's, Vegasmike, and Mauve, are on board to meet you here in Vegas. We may have a couple others coming, including a very, very, sweet charger!! :drool5: We'll discuss meet ups soon. (Vegasmike has a car that does not like to run in Hot temps so we'll have to meet closer to his place!) Can't wait!  :cheers:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

NYCMille

skip68

P.S.  My 13 yr. old son, wants an autograph, and pics!!!  :2thumbs:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Troy

Since you're in Ohio during a weekend I might be able to hook up with you somewhere between Akron and Indianapolis.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68