News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures Needed (3rd Gen)

Started by 71_Charger_R/T, July 29, 2009, 12:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_Charger_R/T

I need some detailed reference pictures of where the right rear outer wheelhouse and trunk extension meet, from a unmolested rust free car preferably.  I have included some example pictures of the area needing to be pictured. The last picture is a "key" as to the angles the shots were taken (I know it can be hard to get a reference of what you're looking at when you don't know the angle)

This first photo is looking in the wheel well towards the back.

This second photo is looking up and back from below directly into the seam of the trunk extension and the wheelhouse.

This one shows the front of the trunk extension, looking forward from below.

This is in the trunk looking forward at the bottom of the wheelhouse and front of right trunk extension.

This one is the "Key" to show the area and angle of the photos the arrows are numbered respective to the order of the pics in this post.

I am asking for these photos because I want to repair it "correct" and need to know how it should look as it doesn't come straight down. the seam goes from straight down to horizontal at the outer edge. I need a reference photo to see if the pinchweld simply twists or if there is a relief in one of the pieces or what.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

alcusswhen

:shruggy: Your own photos show you how it goes back together, for the wheel housing weld a patch in it just like your going to do the quarter panel. As long as you put the seem filler back it'll look right.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T