News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 spd shifter

Started by 74roadrunner440, July 17, 2009, 10:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74roadrunner440

ok guys i hope some one can help me on this one i bought this 4 speed hurst shifter was told ist for a 71 -74 b body car i am planing on putting it in to my 74 runner but when i got it it seems like it wont go over far enough to hit 3rd or 4th gear im bench testing it i dont have it in the car or on trans but when i manuly shift it i goes over to reverse fine and strain up and down fine but seem it wont go over far enough for 3 rd or forth is it me or is there somthing rong with shifter this is what i get buy buying somthing off ebay grrrrrrrr now imout 325.00 unless somone can help or guide me in the direction to find out if this thing it fine or not it barly moves over at all uner a 1/4 inch or less if somne can help please let me know thanks pat u can also email me or or call email is m16king@netscape.net or ph 701 799-9491

carolina charger

Is the shifter bolted to something? When mine was off I thought something was wrong with it, didn't want to go over left far enough to get in reverse. After I bolted it to the transmission it worked well.

John_Kunkel

If you're getting the two drivers side gates but not 3-4 it's probably just adjustment.

If it's a factory style shifter, the alignment rig pin only goes into the two levers on the drivers side, the factory has a special tool the uses the rig pin for those two levers and the 3-4 lever is rigged by aligning the sides of the levers. In the absence of this tool the best you can do is trial-and-error.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.