News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying to figure a budget...What are prices for clone parts? Wing nose etc.

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 19, 2009, 08:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Just trying to see just how many years this is going to take.  :scratchchin:

What are the current approximate price for the parts needed to to the job.

1. Nose(prefer steel)

2. nose brackets ,latch tray ,etc.

3. Wing (prefer the top of the line aluminum piece)

4 Wing support plates, and braces.

5 Deck lid hinges,close out panel, and etc.

Whatever else I have forgoton to mention.

Thanks Brian
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

Prices may vary due to vendor and quality level

Fiberglass nose $1500
Steel nose $7000 
Headlamp doors $300
Headlamp pivots $400
Vacuum pods GTO style $150 Yearone
Original style pods $300
Headlamp buckets $500
Headlamp vacuum harness $175
Nose to fender seals $175
Nose to hood seal $75
Nose seal kit  $150
Z-braces, steel $600
Turn signals, used $100
Nose brace kit $200 
70 Fenders and hood $1000
Valance $350
Fender scoops $300
Grille $50
Grille frame $200
Fender grille under scoops $25
A-pillar trims $350
Front spoiler $120
Wing, alum $1500
Wing washers $150
Wing braces $90 I sell them
Trunk closeout panel $250
Trunk hinges $250
Vega plug $100-$200
Daytona moldings, interior $100
Daytona headliner $90
Daytona package tray $70
Daytona jack, $50-$300

Total roughly 10K for parts.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i think i paid about $5000 . i made deals with other members on this board and they made me the parts i needed . top notch parts too . where you can save bucks is on the nose .they start at about $700 to $7000 . remember that's just for the shell .

the list hotrod gave you are for the higher end parts . which is great but i couldn't afford that vender .

so i had to find parts that where just as good or better in some cases . (dane's wing ) but cheaper. daytonalo, hotrod  and dane . make great parts . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

There are better deals out there for cheaper quality parts, but I prefer to stay with the better parts when possible. Generally they hold up better and fit better. I've come to realize that you get what you pay for even with wingcar parts.

If I can get enough people to commit, I plan to make another batch of wing braces and front support braces. Wing braces will be $90 a set unpainted and the front braces that include the frame brackets, latch tray support and valance support should be around $125 a set. Shipping usually runs $15 per set in the 48 states.
The wing braces are copies of an original set provided by bigblocksam and the front braces are copies of repros provided by Howie.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

quality is the thing  and ya gotta use metal z brackets and metal in all moving parts in the lighting system . glass won't take the abuse in the long run .

HEY HOTROD! get off the computer and go put the nose on your daytona .  :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2009, 02:23:45 PM
There are better deals out there for cheaper quality parts, but I prefer to stay with the better parts when possible. Generally they hold up better and fit better. I've come to realize that you get what you pay for even with wingcar parts.

If I can get enough people to commit, I plan to make another batch of wing braces and front support braces. Wing braces will be $90 a set unpainted and the front braces that include the frame brackets, latch tray support and valance support should be around $125 a set. Shipping usually runs $15 per set in the 48 states.
The wing braces are copies of an original set provided by bigblocksam and the front braces are copies of repros provided by Howie.

Ill commit to a set right now,for starters.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Blown70

I have Larrys parts not on the car yet, no stared. BUT great parts!!!!

Wing Braces
Front frame, valance and latch tray support

Tom

hotrod98

HEY HOTROD! get off the computer and go put the nose on your daytona .  

Rene, I had planned on painting the wing for the Daytona clone this weekend. I got as far as final sanding one upright. I had also planned to make my wingwashers and install them and the wing braces. Didn't happen.
I did manage to disassemble the dash for the black 69 runner, primed all of the panels, front and back,  for an antique gas pump, sanded and primed a hood with custom stripes for a Western Star truck that a good resto customer of mine owns, repaired the turn signal switch in my wingrunner and moved the left exhaust tip up an inch on the wingrunner.
In addition to the work in the shop, I also made three trips into the city, mixed and tinited the custom stripe paint for the Western Star hood, picked up a rim blow wheel at a friends house over in Oklahoma for my son's cuda and helped my son-in-law with his Mustang engine. I also drove the wife's cuda into town at lunchtime today and then washed and chamoised it. I've been kind of busy. Maybe I'll get the wing painted as soon as some of these other projects are out of the booth this week.

Actually, I need to paint the Daytona parts to get them on the car and out of my way. They're taking up about 100 sq feet in my shop.

We're taking two cudas and the wingrunner to Branson in August for the Super Summer Cruise so I'll need to use what little spare time I can get to prep them for the trip. So many projects, so little time.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

as i've said to you several times before. you have to much work for one person . now stop with the excuses and get that nose on the daytona .  :icon_smile_big:

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 19, 2009, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2009, 02:23:45 PM

Ill commit to a set right now,for starters.

I will also commit to a set. Brian thanks a lot for starting this post.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hotrod98

I'll make a list of the people that need the parts. If I get even half of an order pre-sold, I'll go ahead and start on a new order of parts.
These wing braces will work on a Superbird as well. I can make some lower brackets that will look like the original lower Bird brackets, but won't be the exact dimensions. Very close though.
Here's a pic of my Daytona braces being used on my 69 runner with the steel repro Bird wing.

Charles Addams

roger440

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2009, 10:53:35 AM
Prices may vary due to vendor and quality level

Fiberglass nose $1500
Steel nose $7000 
Headlamp doors $300
Headlamp pivots $400
Vacuum pods GTO style $150 Yearone
Original style pods $300
Headlamp buckets $500
Headlamp vacuum harness $175
Nose to fender seals $175
Nose to hood seal $75
Nose seal kit  $150
Z-braces, steel $600
Turn signals, used $100
Nose brace kit $200 
70 Fenders and hood $1000
Valance $350
Fender scoops $300
Grille $50
Grille frame $200
Fender grille under scoops $25
A-pillar trims $350
Front spoiler $120
Wing, alum $1500
Wing washers $150
Wing braces $90 I sell them
Trunk closeout panel $250
Trunk hinges $250
Vega plug $100-$200
Daytona moldings, interior $100
Daytona headliner $90
Daytona package tray $70
Daytona jack, $50-$300

Total roughly 10K for parts.

I notice that you make no mention of the rear window? Any reason?

Just curious. Ive got a 70 Runner to restore, but i keep getting superbird type thoughts  ::)
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Blown70

Roger440, use of a VEGA plug? ($100-200)  that takes care of window trim etc,  while not perfectly correct... well its close I would say.

For a steel one (plug), as original?  $2400?  With out window or trim yet.... guess you make the trim and then $400 or so I am sure plus for a window.

I am going with the vega route.... call me cheap

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on July 20, 2009, 04:29:52 PM
Roger440, use of a VEGA plug? ($100-200)  that takes care of window trim etc,  while not perfectly correct... well its close I would say.

For a steel one (plug), as original?  $2400?  With out window or trim yet.... guess you make the trim and then $400 or so I am sure plus for a window.

I am going with the vega route.... call me cheap
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dillon14

I went with the Vega Plug. I paid $265 including shipping and it had very nice glass and trim.

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

Blown70

Quote from: dillon14 on July 20, 2009, 04:46:19 PM
I went with the Vega Plug. I paid $265 including shipping and it had very nice glass and trim.

MAN I LOVE THAT BLACK and RED :drool5:

hotrod98

Back in the 70's it used to get cold around here occasionally. People didn't have ice scrapers so they used kitchen utensils to remove the ice from their windshields and back glasses. So, as a result, most of the vega hatches are rust free but the glass is ruined. I managed to find a couple of them with good glass at a local salvage yard. I probably should have bought the others as well.  I might have found good glass from those rusted hatches up north.
I have three stored in the body shop but they all belong to Howie. That boy can find stuff like you wouldn't believe.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 20, 2009, 09:21:49 PM
Back in the 70's it used to get cold around here occasionally. People didn't have ice scrapers so they used kitchen utensils to remove the ice from their windshields and back glasses. So, as a result, most of the vega hatches are rust free but the glass is ruined. I managed to find a couple of them with good glass at a local salvage yard. I probably should have bought the others as well.  I might have found good glass from those rusted hatches up north.
I have three stored in the body shop but they all belong to Howie. That boy can find stuff like you wouldn't believe.  ;D
hey I think one is mine unless youhave it stored somewhere else ?

hotrod98

I wasn't sure what they were here for really. I couldn't remember if they were promised out or not. Howie and I tend to do a lot of borrowing, loaning and general trading back and forth. We really need to start taking notes.
Kind of like my 383 roadrunner engine that I have stored at your place that I can never seem to get away to drive up and get.
Lord knows I've tried.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 20, 2009, 11:00:44 PM
I wasn't sure what they were here for really. I couldn't remember if they were promised out or not. Howie and I tend to do a lot of borrowing, loaning and general trading back and forth. We really need to start taking notes.
Kind of like my 383 roadrunner engine that I have stored at your place that I can never seem to get away to drive up and get.
Lord knows I've tried.  :yesnod:

well i bought the hatch from howie ,  the  wing brackets and nose bumper brackets and close out panel from you .  you should have all of that of mine .    your motor is safe and not in the way here .

nascarxx29

You can also find the vega type non vented hatchback doors on the Pontiac Astre.I had found daytona lo hatchback for $75.00 few years back .And they were all over And think it was 76 or 77 when that body style went away.And 72 73 used louvered lids
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 21, 2009, 10:34:45 AM
You can also find the vega type non vented hatchback doors on the Pontiac Astre.I had found daytona lo hatchback for $75.00 few years back .And they were all over And think it was 76 or 77 when that body style went away.And 72 73 used louvered lids

I have a vega hatch and glass  but I do need moldings if anyone has a nice set.?

BigBlockSam

QuoteI couldn't remember if they were promised out or not.

yea and remember Larry , you have my satellite body superbird complete nose and wing  that i bought from you .  :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

Quotebut I do need moldings if anyone has a nice set.?

they come up every ounce and a while on ebay

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 21, 2009, 10:45:07 AM
QuoteI couldn't remember if they were promised out or not.

yea and remember Larry , you have my satellite body superbird complete nose and wing  that i bought from you .  :icon_smile_big:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  well at least i can hold his 383  hostage