News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying to figure a budget...What are prices for clone parts? Wing nose etc.

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 19, 2009, 08:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 21, 2009, 10:41:47 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 21, 2009, 10:34:45 AM
You can also find the vega type non vented hatchback doors on the Pontiac Astre.I had found daytona lo hatchback for $75.00 few years back .And they were all over And think it was 76 or 77 when that body style went away.And 72 73 used louvered lids

I have a vega hatch and glass  but I do need moldings if anyone has a nice set.?

Is 1977 the same?  If so i can get this for you this weekend as i will be driving thru Hudson.  $5

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/1257070693.html

Here is a 1972, the add says that he will sell parts off it.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/1243512111.html

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

This guys add is hillarious!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1275911568.html

"Buy it whole or parts....if you only need the door handle....it is $650 & you get the rest of the car....you get the idea"   :rofl:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2009, 11:00:30 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 21, 2009, 10:45:07 AM
QuoteI couldn't remember if they were promised out or not.

yea and remember Larry , you have my satellite body superbird complete nose and wing  that i bought from you .  :icon_smile_big:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  well at least i can hold his 383  hostage 

:coolgleamA:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 21, 2009, 01:33:26 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2009, 11:00:30 AM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 21, 2009, 10:45:07 AM
QuoteI couldn't remember if they were promised out or not.

yea and remember Larry , you have my satellite body superbird complete nose and wing  that i bought from you .  :icon_smile_big:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  well at least i can hold his 383  hostage 

:coolgleamA:
i guess i can never know what you and howie have traded my parts off  for ,
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 20, 2009, 11:00:44 PM
I wasn't sure what they were here for really. I couldn't remember if they were promised out or not. Howie and I tend to do a lot of borrowing, loaning and general trading back and forth. We really need to start taking notes.
Kind of like my 383 roadrunner engine that I have stored at your place that I can never seem to get away to drive up and get.
Lord knows I've tried.  :yesnod:

and don't forget the daytona wing your saving for me, i almost have enough for shipping just a couple more weeks now...............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Howie

Yep,  One of those vega hatches is for stuart and the other 2 are spares. I may pick up your 383 larry. I have to run up to K.C. sometime and pick up a straight axle for my `34 plymouth. That is true on trading. Larry and I have traded up and down and back and forth. Oh Larry, do you need a 9 foot longboard?  I will be bringing one home with me. Surfs up! :icon_smile_cool:.

hotrod98

That boy can find stuff like you wouldn't believe

I told you that boy could find some stuff. He runs down to Florida for a few days and brings back a surfboard. They're aint no sunny beaches in Claremore, Oklahoma. Well maybe a few but that's a different story.  :icon_smile_big:

Wait a minute. You flew down there. Can you bring that back on the plane?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 22, 2009, 09:46:14 PM
That boy can find stuff like you wouldn't believe

I told you that boy could find some stuff. He runs down to Florida for a few days and brings back a surfboard. They're aint no sunny beaches in Claremore, Oklahoma. Well maybe a few but that's a different story.  :icon_smile_big:

Wait a minute. You flew down there. Can you bring that back on the plane?
he must be building a woody wagon next    :smilielol:

Howie

Nope. It is for my 32 rat rod. And it is as long as my rental car. Saw a magnum in front of ron johns that had the woodie effect and when I walked up to it it was all airbrushed. Oh by the way larry I am hooked up with a shaker hood for my cuda project. Dang its good to score parts on vacation. Now to daytona to catch a ride around the speedway.

Charger-Bodie

:rofl: If you's guys are gonna keep hijacking my thread, the least you can do is offer me a set of vega rear window trim.  :icon_smile_tongue:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 24, 2009, 11:10:36 AM
:rofl: If you's guys are gonna keep hijacking my thread, the least you can do is offer me a set of vega rear window trim.  :icon_smile_tongue:
if i had an extra set they would already be yours brian ,  I will keep my eyes out for you . 

BigBlockSam

Quoteif i had an extra set they would already be yours brian

:yesnod:  yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Blown70

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 24, 2009, 11:10:36 AM

I would like to keep my two hatches complete... but If I do find another, they are all yours.

Howie

:shruggy: Sorry Dude. I may have a set so I will check when I get home. What else are you needing. I have some parts that I am not going to use as I have upgraded everything I am putting on my car.

FJMG

Figure a budget? Start with $$$, then add more $$$ and just before you start don't forget to add $$$. About halfway through the conversion you will need to stop and add double the amount of previously spent $$$. Then you take all the $$$ and divide by .50 cents/hr and you will come close to the req'd hrs. Your only compensation is that when you are done the total $$$ spent will be eqalled in chiropractic fees by onlookers wrenching thier neck for a second look.

In all seriousness, many members here have/are bldg clones and they seem only to willing to help you! Good luck in your build.

Charger-Bodie

Dredging this thread up again. I need to know the best places to get the best parts at the lowest prices.

Im ready to start ordering stuff asap!

Thanks guys!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

WHAT EVER YOU DO , GET DANES HOLLOW ALUMINUM WING   1625.00 LAID

i  wanted nice steel stuff to load my nose , so i have been buying erik nelsons stuff a piece at a time .

I have the latch tray in steel and the valance in steel so far , 900.00 for valance  , 400.00 for latch tray   :Twocents: :Twocents:

erikjohnnelson@hotmail.com

daytonalo

If anyone knows of or selling a Janak nose please call me @ 609-315-2640

Larry

BigBlockSam

Quote900.00 for valance  , 400.00 for latch tray

nice to have bucks , i don't think  a metal valance makes a big difference in a clone. yes all moving parts should be metal . i think my valance was $125 and it fits like a glove .looks great too . latch tray would be better in metal . cause it bolts to the top of the z brackets and radiator support and adds support to the nose . a metal nose is nice , cause you can say,  it has a metal nose ,  but does it make a big difference . not to me .i've seen metal noses that looked terrible. even on original cars . it's how you make it fit  Dane makes the best wing . hands down. :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bull

Rookie question here: how does the trim and glass shape/size on the Vega hatch compare to the original trim and glass on the Daytona? Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of an original Daytona rear window next to a Vega clone Daytona window? It just seems like a helluva coincidence that they'd be almost identical. Vegas really are good for something.

Blown70

Quote from: bull on August 21, 2009, 02:00:04 PM
Rookie question here: how does the trim and glass shape/size on the Vega hatch compare to the original trim and glass on the Daytona? Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of an original Daytona rear window next to a Vega clone Daytona window? It just seems like a helluva conicidence that they'd be almost identical. Vegas really are good for something.

Bull There is a tread in the Aero section... you dont need a password your allowed in if you dont casue trouble in there..... :D hahahahah  I can try to find it for you too, but it has side by side pics... the VEGA is slightly different, but close.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58876.20.html 

PAGE 2

Tom

bull

Thanks. That's a very informative thread populated by very detail oriented people. :angel:

mauve66

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2009, 12:00:23 PM
WHAT EVER YOU DO , GET DANES HOLLOW ALUMINUM WING   1625.00 LAID
erikjohnnelson@hotmail.com

he's just getting ready to do some more also, i'm trying to talk the wife into still.............. getting closer, she stopped yelling NO as soon as i opened my mouth........... oh wiat i was asking for something else that time........ :angel: :angel:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment