News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear side window trim removal

Started by 1968_Charger, July 23, 2009, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968_Charger

ive tried searching but havent found the answer. how do i remove the rear side window outside trim. the piece that curves in the bottom corner that has the rivet. any easy way to get it out?

also if anyones got the outrer window felt for the passenger side they want to sell let me know.
thanks

dont vote

the rivet does nothing. take it off as one peicefrom inside the car. remove the pad just below the side window to expose the screws, you can figure it out from there

1968_Charger

great so all i need to do is take off the screws. thanks alot!   :2thumbs:

1968_Charger

well it looks like me glass isnt going down enough to get a screwdriver to those screws, ive got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the screws and the glass, any suggestion on getting the screws out without having to remove the glass?

dont vote

the glass isn't that big of a deal to remove. give it a shot

Shakey

Quote from: 1968_Charger on July 29, 2009, 11:16:42 AM
well it looks like me glass isnt going down enough to get a screwdriver to those screws, ive got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the screws and the glass, any suggestion on getting the screws out without having to remove the glass?

Try adjusting the qtr window regulator so the glass slides down lower to access the screws.