News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1977 Dodge Charger Daytona

Started by CRZNYT, July 25, 2009, 08:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRZNYT

Just picked up a 77 Charger Daytona to keep my 66 company. Does anybody know of a site that will decode my fender tag?
Cheers Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
60 Plymouth Fury Convertible
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

Silver R/T

which powertrain did it come with?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CRZNYT

It has a 360 2BBL.
Any idea what makes a Daytona besides the two tone and stripe package? Is it an SE base done up? Mine has cloth interior with the low back front seats. Any help would be great. I usually just play around with the first generation stuff so this car is uncharted waters.
Thanks Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

ralley72

You might try Discomopars.com, I think that the site name.Not much action on that site, but one never knows if someone there can help you.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

CRZNYT

Looks pretty quiet over there might try them if nothing turns up here.
Thanks Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

CRZNYT

Thanks joined today, see how it goes.
Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

UFO

Post the code's you want decoded.Many here can tell you what they mean.

UFO

CRZNYT

66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

PA Dodger

What shape is it in?  Is it the two-tone blue? I had a '76 Daytona and loved it....except for the lean-burn igntion.
Dan
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Brock Samson

CRZNYT

It's not in all that bad of shape, just the normal spots like around the dog legs and stuff. The rockers, floors, and frame are great with only 43000 original miles on a 360 2BBL and no lean burn, and pretty nice original interior.
This one is the two tone yellow and tan.
If I can ever figure out how to put pictures on here I will or maybe just send them to one of you guys and have you put them up.
Cheers Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

UFO

CRZNYT

UFO
Your reply did not come in.
Cheers Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

CRZNYT

Hey UFO:

I just sent you a email with a few pics and the fender tag information. Thanks a bunch.
Don
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

UFO

Quote from: CRZNYT on July 29, 2009, 07:17:52 PM
Hey UFO:

I just sent you a email with a few pics and the fender tag information. Thanks a bunch.
Don

Check your email.

UFO

UFO

He's having a tough time posting pics,so here there are.

Lizey

haha more 4th gens!!!!

very good im not alone out here anymore!  :2thumbs:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

CRZNYT

Been awhile since I have checked in, the 77 has not changed a bit from the pics. I have gotten my 60 Plymouth Fury Convertible and 65 T-Bird Convertible out of storage and am having fun with that and my 66 Charger.
I am doing a 76 Cobra II for the wife then the 77 is next. Thought about selling it but I think I will hang on a while longer.
Cheers Don :cheers:
66 Charger
77 Charger Daytona
65 T-Bird Convertible
76 Mustang Cobra II

jeffdavisdj

I too, have a '77 Charger Daytona...I bought mine as a demonstrator in the fall of '77, with 5,500 miles on it, from Longhorn Dodge in Ft. Worth,Texas. this is a fully loadfed two-tone blue, with T-tops, power steering, brakes,windows,locks,trunk release,a/c,am-fm-8-track,trailer hitch,with wired lighting and electric trailer brake setup on left fender under the hood,also 140mph speedo, tach and guages,fuel moniter on left front fender(turn indicator glows when your getting poor fuel economy) reart window defroster,etc..every option available. my problem is it needs a repaint, and I really need a stripe kit..I know I am asking alot here,but any help at all in finding a compleate blue kit, or any pieces of one, would be greatly appreciated. email me, or give me a call on my cell...903-272-3108...I want to get this car done as soon as possible. thanks!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: jeffdavisdj on May 27, 2011, 01:54:02 PM
I too, have a '77 Charger Daytona...I bought mine as a demonstrator in the fall of '77, with 5,500 miles on it, from Longhorn Dodge in Ft. Worth,Texas. this is a fully loadfed two-tone blue, with T-tops, power steering, brakes,windows,locks,trunk release,a/c,am-fm-8-track,trailer hitch,with wired lighting and electric trailer brake setup on left fender under the hood,also 140mph speedo, tach and guages,fuel moniter on left front fender(turn indicator glows when your getting poor fuel economy) reart window defroster,etc..every option available. my problem is it needs a repaint, and I really need a stripe kit..I know I am asking alot here,but any help at all in finding a compleate blue kit, or any pieces of one, would be greatly appreciated. email me, or give me a call on my cell...903-272-3108...I want to get this car done as soon as possible. thanks!

If you can't find a set premade I'd check out a local vinyl decal outfit & ask them about doing a custom kit for you.