News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christopher Philip Houg Felony Fraud charges filed

Started by dfan, July 27, 2009, 02:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

sorry that you got ripped off. Hope you get your car/money back
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dfan

I'm just getting off work--I would like to personally THANK the MODERATORS for not locking this out--it should show all members that they care--I won't use name calling --only facts I can back up. Second I would like to thank most of you for your support and understanding--It was harder than you think to discuss what happened--I was way too trusting and without discussing all the facts ( of which I have proof)--I know I look like an IDIOT.Where I come from a man is as good as his word and it's a crime to sell a vehicle that doesn't belong to you! The value or the reason is not the issue. So thanks everyone and I hope this help YOU GUYS and Thanks DodgeCharger.com moderators.Dfan :2thumbs:

69_500

I think its worth noting also though that its not a XX29 Daytona that you were trading. I was reading some of the replies and it seemed that some people were under the impression it was a Daytona that you traded. Very nice car you have there Dfan, I know I have talked to you through PM's about it a few times. Sorry to hear about the bad deal going down. I had been contacted a few times by the other party from this deal about some parts for aero cars. After a few replies and communications though I stopped hearing from him so just let the deals go by the way side. I'm glad now too because I wouldn't want close friends to get stepped on by someone like that.

72chargerSE

Quote from: dfan on July 27, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
I'm just getting off work--I would like to personally THANK the MODERATORS for not locking this out--it should show all members that they care--I won't use name calling --only facts I can back up. Second I would like to thank most of you for your support and understanding--It was harder than you think to discuss what happened--I was way too trusting and without discussing all the facts ( of which I have proof)--I know I look like an IDIOT.Where I come from a man is as good as his word and it's a crime to sell a vehicle that doesn't belong to you! The value or the reason is not the issue. So thanks everyone and I hope this help YOU GUYS and Thanks DodgeCharger.com moderators.Dfan :2thumbs:

Dfan,

I admire your grace.... I too am all trusting..... remember, he will meet his maker one day!!!!!

72chargerSE

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 27, 2009, 06:01:58 PM
Quote from: 72chargerSE on July 27, 2009, 05:51:32 PM
http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/rebwin05.pdf

Check out this under "REVOKED LICENSES"........ it's Christopher Philip Houg.....

Revoked because of codes 490 & 10177(b). Code 490 is "Substantially related criminal conviction" and 10177(b) is "Conviction of crime".

Cody,

Good work little buddy!!!!

Mike

mack

dfan, it's easy to be a Monday morning football coach, they never make mistakes. For those who say in effect "you should have known better" or whatever after the fact advise they have to offer, I'm sure they have never been taken (cheated) this way. Personally, I admire your humility, and the fact that you are willing to state the facts, regardless of how it might reflect on you. My advise would be to hang in there, fight it tooth and nail, allow the legal process (as slow as it may be) to run its course. You will come out on top. I've been self employed for twenty five plus years. I've seen all kinds of trash come and go. Trust me, it catches them. As a man sows, so shall he reap. Justice comes in all forms. Keep your head up. You dealt honestly, the other guy is the crook. That's my :Twocents:

PocketThunder

So where does this guy live?  Can you go to his house and bring his Challenger back?   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargergirl

Hard part is you can't touch it yet. However with the lawsuit he shouldn't be able to sell it either. Best thing you did was hit him with a lawsuit. Dealt with a lot of folks that think how could I be that stupid...it's naive...your honest and you expect others to be honest. Most are honest then you have those that take advantage of your good nature. He got was he wanted. Those are some severe charges for a Realtor.
Trust your Woobie!

451-74Charger

From the sounds of it, this guy will just swap the VIN or paperwork when he tries to offload it.
Dont be too suprised if its long gone by the time the courts catch up to him. Probably already had a buyer in the wings. and traded it on before you got the law involved.

danmc77

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 28, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
So where does this guy live?  Can you go to his house and bring his Challenger back?   :popcrn:
Looks like his home address is listed in the link of "license revoked..."

Hopefully the car isn;t parted out before it's all settled - pretty hard to prove ownership of individual parts; especially if they're gone.

Brock Samson

I read all his posts here,.. pretty sketchy stuff,.. what a douce...  :rotz:

bmoparmofo

Damn, thats messed up. Hope you get her back home safe.Keep us posted and good luck!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

charger_fan_4ever

I can't believe someone would have the audacity to try something like this face to face. Show up with bogus paperwork and a fake car.

This boy will literally have hell to pay on judgement day when he stands in front of his maker.

Sad part in today's society if you showed up at his door armed you'd probably be the one doing time.

dfan

Hello Charger members--Just getting off work again--Wow you guys have been busy! Mack,thanks for understanding--you and Chargergirl are right,I have to let the legal process run its course-but man its moving slow--Calif.DMV wanted copies, 3 states sheriff dept. wanted copies, the lawyer--its alot of work. I also agree with 451-74 charger  I think he had a buyer for the car or wanted the new 426 hemi out of it----BUT maybe he's trying to pawn it off as a real daytona,thats why hes looking at broadcast sheets and new front fenders????? danmc77, Brock, and bmoparmofo--I agree.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: dfan on July 28, 2009, 07:24:32 PM
Hello Charger members--Just getting off work again--Wow you guys have been busy! Mack,thanks for understanding--you and Chargergirl are right,I have to let the legal process run its course-but man its moving slow--Calif.DMV wanted copies, 3 states sheriff dept. wanted copies, the lawyer--its alot of work. I also agree with 451-74 charger  I think he had a buyer for the car or wanted the new 426 hemi out of it----BUT maybe he's trying to pawn it off as a real daytona,thats why hes looking at broadcast sheets and new front fenders????? danmc77, Brock, and bmoparmofo--I agree.

If he has the ability to get fake paperwork, I'd think his plan was to get a fraudulent XX29 Vin and fender tag, try to pawn it off as a the real deal to a unsuspecting rich guy for a lower than normal hemi daytona price. Just hoping to find a guy with deep pockets that wouldn't know any better to go farther than looking at the fake vin tag and fender tag. Shady guy like this i'm sure he can find someone to make a vin and fender tag.

dfan

I agree  4EVER--but he'll have a tougher time now--there are some pretty smart members :cheers: :cheers:

ramairthree

Dang,
I would have seriously considered trading my RT for a Daytona clone with a 426 Hemi!

here is some honest disclosure-
the stripes are not factory, put on by me and my son

and its a stock 5.7L car,
you don't get a 13.21 quarter from a V6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeDd75UJPs

you are not the only guy to be too trusting,
guys like this dirt bag that hosed you make a living out of convincing real good guys that they are one to.

dfan

dfan

Dfans Challenger at home

captnsim

Funny...A bunch of us tried warning people here about Chris Houg and some mod removed the posts...or locked the threads. I even PM'ed said mod about it but got no responce. I was guided to the locked thread about the Hayes wheels by a member here while I was having issues with Mr Houg. Had that thread been left open or posts about Mr Houg left in place...maybe you and me would of been saved alot of trouble.
Sorry for your loss and hope it works out better for you then it did for me. 

dfan

Thanks captnsim--maybe the moderators were being carefull and not wanting to slander or turn the site into a slam fest until they had enough proof or complaints--this time they must be convinced something is going on and the members should be warned . It looks like they are going to listen to your voices now----I'm glad.Thanks again Captnsim

charge-it

You must have his address. Go to his place with some friends, some heat, and a trailer and take your car back. What's he going to do, call the cops? I doubt it.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

lilwendal

If he does flip the car again either trading/selling as is or retagging it as a real daytona and DFAN is legally determined by the court to still be the owner of the car they will repsosses it no matter who owns it and return it to DFAN.  The Challenger back to the bank.  What that means is who ever last pays for that car and has it in their possesion loses. It would be considered stolen property at that point. Returnable to the rightful owner.
I wouldn't be suprised if this car ends up as a hot potato while the slow wheels of justice turn.
DFAN really sorry this happened to you.  It sucks that people like that exsist in our hobby.

chargergirl

Quote from: lilwendal on July 29, 2009, 06:29:28 AM
If he does flip the car again either trading/selling as is or retagging it as a real daytona and DFAN is legally determined by the court to still be the owner of the car they will repsosses it no matter who owns it and return it to DFAN.  The Challenger back to the bank.  What that means is who ever last pays for that car and has it in their possesion loses. It would be considered stolen property at that point. Returnable to the rightful owner.
I wouldn't be suprised if this car ends up as a hot potato while the slow wheels of justice turn.
DFAN really sorry this happened to you.  It sucks that people like that exsist in our hobby.

Well, when/if DFAN gets his conviction then the person that bought the car has charges that he/she will be able to press. Anothers fraud conviction will make the person repay/jail time/record of the transaction in public record. Hmmm, check the public records to see if the person has sold the car. Or had other convictions. Clerk of the court of whatever county you think it will show up in. You can pull the persons name and just put in ALL under record search. I do this all the time...think I'll go do that now...see what I can find.
Trust your Woobie!

dfan

Hey lilwendal--you might be right--in legal terms--but at this point my goal is to make sure Chris Houg does TIME in PRISON. The reason I'm pursueing this soo hard is to let him and his buddies know that the consequences of taking property from those who work HARD for it--- WILL NOT BE TOLERATED period. Have you noticed all the beautiful cars the members on this site have---I doubt any of them got them for free--look at the amount of time put into these cars--they sacrificed their time and money for years of their life to be proud. I want to make sure that anyone who thinks they can take that away will be treated harshly so no one else will try it again.