News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar1979

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 12, 2012, 06:18:40 PM
I do not believe I ever posted pictures of my white car.  I took a few pictures this weekend as it was beautiful out.

Awesome car! What size and brand are those wheels and tires?

chargerboy69

Quote from: Mopar1979 on November 14, 2012, 11:04:40 PM

Awesome car! What size and brand are those wheels and tires?

Thank you.

They are Boyd Shrike wheels with the special ordered rolled lips. These are not the mass produced Boyds you can get from Summit or Jegs. These are made to order, and take roughly 8 to 10 weeks to build. I am not sure you can get them any longer. When American Racing took over Boyd, many of the high end, really cool wheels were cut.

The fronts are 17X8 with a Nitto 555 245-45-17

The rears are 18X10 with a Nitto 555 285-40-18

Here are a couple different pictures which I think you may be able to see the wheels a little better.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Mopar1979

Great pics! Do you have drop spindles or stock height front and rear?

chargerboy69

Quote from: Mopar1979 on November 15, 2012, 08:28:15 PM
Great pics! Do you have drop spindles or stock height front and rear?

No need for drop spindles when you can adjust the torsion bars.  I do not have them cranked all the way down, but close. As low as it can go without rubbing while turning.

The rear I have 1 1/2" lowering blocks. I had a couple different sizes of blocks, and tried them all.  Lowering block kits are available at Autozone for $20.00 a kit. The 1 1/2" blocks I did order off E-Bay.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Wookie316

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

472 R/T SE

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 13, 2012, 05:55:31 PM
The wheels are Intro V-Rods, 18x8 front and 18x10 rears. The seats are Corbeau GTS II seats, leather with suede center sections. Very Comfy.  :cheers:

I'll be damned.  That's the exact wheel I'm putting on my ride whenever I get the $$.  I prolly won't be able to get that much sidewall like the 'chop but I'll get as much as possible.  I had the $$ this spring but put new wheels/tires on my Magnum instead.  I had to do something to the MagWag to keep me from buying an SRT.  I also added the Challenger R/T stripes to keep me pacified for the time being.

There's a guy on the forum from down there in Ca. that runs Intro Twisted something.  I talked to him since I really liked his look & found the V-Rods.  His ride is a red '70 Charger, it's a nice lookin' rig, one of my favorites.

Anyhoots, Musicman, (Mike), hooked me up by doing a fantastic job of Photoshopping them on my car.  That was all it took.  There's no doubt that it's the next purchase!

It was the V-Rods or the Foose's.  I like them but I think I like them a lot more on Bill's '69.

1973rallye

Early Christmas present to me, from me. Just got this home from Wisconsin yesterday after a fly/drive and shop with my oldest daughter. Bright sunshine, dry roads and as luck would have it even my fair city held off salting just long enough for me to tuck it in the garage dry as a bone.

Not many if any changes to this one save for a black vinyl canopy to replace the factory ordered white. Ran like a top and I have to tell you I am surprised at how good the gas mileage was. I did not figure it out exactly but I can tell you I did better than the EPA estimated 230 miles per tank. I guess it pays to drive the speed limit.

About the car, 340 with 355 gears and a 727. Yes it was recently on ebay and no it did not make reserve. It is an awesome, solid car and pretty much intact inside and out.  I was provided with much of the lineage on previous owners so I will be attempting to get some history on it.

Since I built myself the 73 Rallye 440 and it seems to be afraid of the rain this will be my travel car to the odd show out of town.

1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

1973rallye

1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

1973rallye

1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

rebby

Quote from: mauve66 on November 16, 2012, 12:13:08 PM
2 chargers :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I agree :2thumbs: and fully support the idea...

The one is primer is my never ending restoration effort. The red one actually runs and drives, new fenders, grille, bumpers, etc are all in the shed and I'm slowly getting it put back together. It will be getting a coat of orange paint and a few 01 decals next spring just for fun. Should help me tolerate the seemingly never ending restoration and help prevent me from cutting any corners on that one. Once that car is back together, the red one will lose it's orange paint and earn a full restoration as well.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 15, 2012, 11:54:56 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 13, 2012, 05:55:31 PM
The wheels are Intro V-Rods, 18x8 front and 18x10 rears. The seats are Corbeau GTS II seats, leather with suede center sections. Very Comfy.  :cheers:

I'll be damned.  That's the exact wheel I'm putting on my ride whenever I get the $$.  I prolly won't be able to get that much sidewall like the 'chop but I'll get as much as possible.  I had the $$ this spring but put new wheels/tires on my Magnum instead.  I had to do something to the MagWag to keep me from buying an SRT.  I also added the Challenger R/T stripes to keep me pacified for the time being.

There's a guy on the forum from down there in Ca. that runs Intro Twisted something.  I talked to him since I really liked his look & found the V-Rods.  His ride is a red '70 Charger, it's a nice lookin' rig, one of my favorites.

Anyhoots, Musicman, (Mike), hooked me up by doing a fantastic job of Photoshopping them on my car.  That was all it took.  There's no doubt that it's the next purchase!

It was the V-Rods or the Foose's.  I like them but I think I like them a lot more on Bill's '69.

You'll be very happy with the Intro wheels if you decide to go with them. They are great quality and look great. Bill's 69 looks awesome with the Foose wheels. Love everything about his cars. With either set your charger will look great.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

400sforever

I know I have rallye stripes on an SE but I had to break the red up! 512 CI 727 TF 3.91 rear
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

TruckDriver

Quote from: 400sforever on November 20, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
I know I have rallye stripes on an SE but I had to break the red up! 512 CI 727 TF 3.91 rear

Perfect!!!! Beautiful car!  :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400sforever

my collection left to right...73 rallye 400 4 sped gunmetal gray originally(unrestored)...73 SE 440 U code console auto originally triple black(unrestored)...72 SE 400 console auto original gold paint(unrestored)..74 SE 512 Ci console auto(restored)...73 SE 400 console auto restored exactly how it left the factory.
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

JB400

You need 2 more. One for each day of the week :rofl:  Nice collection :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

mauve66

stripe does help tone the red down some, looks great
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Musicman

I like it!  :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ghoste

Impressive little collection there.  Nice photo too.

Charger_69

heres my project

mauve66

68 always had the coolest taillights of the 2nd gens :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

nvrbdn

nice project charger_69. if you feel like putting the time in posting, start a new thread with the whole restoration of your car so it wont get split up and lost in this thread. lots of us would love to follow the whole process. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 20, 2012, 11:52:01 PM

Perfect!!!! Beautiful car!  :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Looks great  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.