News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone near Los Angeles... could look at a car for me? i bought it!.. its home!

Started by PocketThunder, August 04, 2009, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

I'm interested in a car that is in Hesperia, California.  Is there anyone near there that would look at a car for me for some compensation?

thanks
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Damn...its about 100 miles for me. I'd do it, I just don't know when I'd be able to go out there.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Dans 68

Hmm, Paul, what is it? I'm a bit farther away than Ponch, but I've been known to swing a trailer down that way.... :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

CB

Anyone near Los Angeles... could look at a car for me?

Not really close :icon_smile_wink:

j/k I wish I could come over again and spend some time in LA.

Good luck  :cheers:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Blown70

Rolling_Thunder?   thought he was in that neck of the woods

PocketThunder

I think at lunch time i'm gonna call some photographers right in Hesperia and see what they charge to go take a bunch of pictures of the car for me.  That sounds like a better plan than asking someone to drive for hours to look at it for me.  I'll let you all know what i find out.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Ghoste

69bronzeT5

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 05, 2009, 09:13:16 AM
I think at lunch time i'm gonna call some photographers right in Hesperia and see what they charge to go take a bunch of pictures of the car for me.  That sounds like a better plan than asking someone to drive for hours to look at it for me.  I'll let you all know what i find out.

They may be able to take pictures of the car for you but if I were you, I'd get somebody to look over the whole thing :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

bull

Yea, why not get someone to inspect it and take pictures too?

Ponch ®

If time is not of the essence, I can swing the adventure this weekend.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 05, 2009, 03:09:32 PM

If time is not of the essence, I can swing the adventure this weekend.

Ok, i will call the guy and find out.  Thanks!

Old Moparz

Sound like you either want some west coast artsy photos, or you just don't want anyone to beat you to a deal on a car.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Shakey

Is it a black '69 Charger owned by a fellow named Lew?   :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

Here are some teaser pics, i want to wait till the car arrives in my posession on Saturday before i get all slap happy with pictures.

Blown70

WOW bud, seems to look purdy good?  Any word on the 500, being sold?

Old Moparz

Looks pretty nice.... :cheers:

....but I never liked those side mouldings on anything. I had them on my Scamp & tossed them for the repaint.  :eek2:
               Bob                

GPULLER

Looks pretty sweet!  By the looks of the licence plate its hasn't been licenced since '87?
Looking forward to checking it out on the 23rd!  :lol:

Reed

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ChgrSteve67

nooks nice.
The molding down the side of the car needs to go.

If that car has the front plate as well the set will get you a few hundred bucks on ebay since CA included years up to 69 for the YOM program.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Woah  I hope you took MORE pics *hint, hint*

Congrats man!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 13, 2009, 12:11:33 PM
Woah  I hope you took MORE pics *hint, hint*

Congrats man!!

Yep, and i got a build sheet for you.  I'll get it scanned and sent over.   :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Old Moparz

Bob