News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone near Los Angeles... could look at a car for me? i bought it!.. its home!

Started by PocketThunder, August 04, 2009, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Paul,  do you realize whats on that sheet?!?

Does it have the tag as well?

I knew that orange looked a little off.... ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 13, 2009, 02:02:28 PM
Paul,  do you realize whats on that sheet?!?

I do now, thanks!  Special Order Color car..  Omaha Orange.  :2thumbs:    :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 13, 2009, 03:33:42 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 13, 2009, 02:02:28 PM
Paul,  do you realize whats on that sheet?!?

I do now, thanks!  Special Order Color car..  Omaha Orange.  :2thumbs:    :coolgleamA:

That makes (4) 99 99 Special Order Color cars in my registry now.

1 Bahama Yellow RT/SE sunroof car
1 Rally Green R/T
1 Omaha Orange Daytona
1 Omaha Orange R/T

No paintin' that car 3x black now :nono:  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Wow!!!Congrats Paul,can't wait to see pics!Welcome to the California black plate club!! :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Good Goin' !!!!   :2thumbs:  That'll be something easily tinkered with and improved.............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

Just 6T9 CHGR

First pic is an original paint V2 Hemi Orange R/T (CA car as well)

Second is Paul's new 99 99 Omaha Orange original paint R/T (CA car as well)

Notice how much brighter the 99 99 color is?   HO is a reddish orange

V2 has small gold metalflake in the paint while Omaha Orange is a solid color...

Just a comparison for your viewing pleasure :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lizey

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 13, 2009, 08:20:02 PM
First pic is an original paint V2 Hemi Orange R/T (CA car as well)

Second is Paul's new 99 99 Omaha Orange original paint R/T (CA car as well)

Notice how much brighter the 99 99 color is?   HO is a reddish orange

V2 has small gold metalflake in the paint while Omaha Orange is a solid color...

Just a comparison for your viewing pleasure :thumbs:

love the trailer hitch
its a nice touch
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Damn thanks guys!  This is even better than i thought.   :2thumbs:

and to think this is what i went off of and took a chance sending Mojo out there to take a look for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170366393820&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69 OUR/TEA

See Paul,always the sketchy ones that work out!!!!!!!!!!Sounds and looks all to familiar to mine,new seller,0 feedbacks,in your case 3 pics ,mine ,none.Odd way of writing description,etc.BTW,I seen your cars auction and thought something looked a little doubtfull the way it is underdescribed.I recognize it by the body side molding.Anyway,once again,congrats!!!!!!

GPULLER

Numbers matching.  Car owned for 31 years (I'm the second owner).  Has original paint, vinyl top.  10,500 miles on rebuilt motor, 101,000 miles on the chassis.  Always garaged.  Minor front-end damage.  Needs restoration.  Car runs.  Car located in Hesperia, California.

So what is up with the "Minor front-end damage"?

PocketThunder

Quote from: GPULLER on August 14, 2009, 08:22:36 AM
Numbers matching.  Car owned for 31 years (I'm the second owner).  Has original paint, vinyl top.  10,500 miles on rebuilt motor, 101,000 miles on the chassis.  Always garaged.  Minor front-end damage.  Needs restoration.  Car runs.  Car located in Hesperia, California.

So what is up with the "Minor front-end damage"?

A little touch up to the center grille fins and the I piece.  The bumper could be strainghtend also.  Fender has a small dent.

GPULLER

Yep!  That's minor front end damage!  Sure beats the hell out of replacing qtrs, floor pan, rear frame rails....

69 OUR/TEA

So what are the plans for it Paul?You gonna drive it the way it is,restore as you drive,leave it all orig,make the 3x9 you wanted,take it all apart,........?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 14, 2009, 08:57:03 AM
So what are the plans for it Paul?You gonna drive it the way it is,restore as you drive,leave it all orig,make the 3x9 you wanted,take it all apart,........?
I told Chris i was gonna make it triple black and he slapped my hand..   :rofl:   :rofl:

This Charger is so well preserved i am not going to do anything i dont have to, just keep the mechanicals up and running in good condition and leave the rest alone.  I'm going to try and preserve it just the way it is.  It does need a new headliner though, and the carpet could be replace, but other than minor cosmetic care, its going to stay original as possible.   :yesnod:

Paul

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2009, 09:24:25 AM
I told Chris i was gonna make it triple black and he slapped my hand..   :rofl:   :rofl:

This Charger is so well preserved i am not going to do anything i dont have to, just keep the mechanicals up and running in good condition and leave the rest alone.  I'm going to try and preserve it just the way it is.  It does need a new headliner though, and the carpet could be replace, but other than minor cosmetic care, its going to stay original as possible.   :yesnod:

Paul
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  you mean other then the rebel flag and  O1 painted on the side right   :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

[/quote] :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  you mean other then the rebel flag and  O1 painted on the side right   :shruggy:
[/quote]

:scratchchin:  The car is already orange..... :scratchchin:

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 14, 2009, 09:24:25 AM
I told Chris i was gonna make it triple black and he slapped my hand..   :rofl:   :rofl:

This Charger is so well preserved i am not going to do anything i dont have to, just keep the mechanicals up and running in good condition and leave the rest alone.  I'm going to try and preserve it just the way it is.  It does need a new headliner though, and the carpet could be replace, but other than minor cosmetic care, its going to stay original as possible.   :yesnod:

Paul

I'm right with him on that,I wanted a 3x9 in the worst way that every time I saw one I thought about changing my B5 ,white top,white stripe R/T to 3x9,but could never bring myself to it as it is an orig R/T and to most ,the color combo is nice anyway.Good thing I did'nt as it came along anyway for me.If it was not an R/T,I would change anything all day long,but you do have a different car there to boot.Can't wait to see more pics!!!!!!

Tilar

Man that one is a keeper and I agree, Don't change a thing. The side mouldings sure look out of place for a Charger but if they are factory I'd leave them on too. I've never seen one with them.

Nice find.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Side mouldings are not factory....maybe dealer installed.

Maybe Paul got the scoop from the old owner?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 14, 2009, 11:39:59 AM

the owner didn't seem to know much about it. When we went to take pics, he kept asking my buddy and I if we knew if it was factory or not.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 14, 2009, 12:56:50 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 14, 2009, 11:39:59 AM

the owner didn't seem to know much about it. When we went to take pics, he kept asking my buddy and I if we knew if it was factory or not.

Ya he (the seller) said they were on the car when he bought it.  He bought it from a guy who was from Polland who special ordered it (obviously) because he "wanted to get chicks".   He told me the tach is not original, when he bought the car he bought a brand new one and put it in.  He also had a NOS center grille to give me, but some critters chewed on a couple of the fins over the years. 

I'm writing up my story and i'll post it shortly.  Stay tuned. :icon_smile_cool: