News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You guys see the BIRD go for 105?

Started by teamroth, August 19, 2009, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

nascarxx29

If that was a unrestored umolested original survivor it went cheap :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Foreman72

wow :o :o

that thing looks absolutely awesome!!

that color blue is rad! and the interior is super...and the engine bay?!? o man...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Dave Kanofsky

I'm not buying the mileage as original.

It had both quarters and trunk pan replaced. 

Very nice car - great color combo
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

superbirdtom

70Sbird

SWEET looking 6 pack car and great color combination.
Decent looking restoration, and only 105K
That looks like quite a deal for someone
:coolgleamA:

Scott Faulkner

Big Bird

Sweet Deal .... great color combo.....no question , it's a buyers market... but then again who has $100k in todays economy !  Congrads to the new owner !!!!!!
BIG - BIRD :)

pettybird

that's kind of a shame.  we could have gotten more for it. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 20, 2009, 12:57:43 PM
for the seller yes , but the new owner is all    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2009, 01:39:47 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 20, 2009, 12:57:43 PM
for the seller yes , but the new owner is all    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

it's never a bad day when you've got a Superbird  ;)

hotrod98

I can't afford a completed car at this point in my life, but I would be a happy camper if I could find and buy a Superbird project. I'll continue to delay the start of the planned build of my Superbird clone just in case I find a real one to buy.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1969chargerrtse

Another expensive car with a tail lamp bulb out?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nascarxx29

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 20, 2009, 03:20:44 PM
I can't afford a completed car at this point in my life, but I would be a happy camper if I could find and buy a Superbird project. I'll continue to delay the start of the planned build of my Superbird clone just in case I find a real one to buy.  ;D

I may know of a superbird project
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

redrider

is that a true white interior car because a buddy of mine had a true white interior six pack bird and told me they only made three one 440 one six pack and one hemi
:shruggy:

hotrod98

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 20, 2009, 07:56:24 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 20, 2009, 03:20:44 PM

I may know of a superbird project

Don't tease me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

Quote from: redrider on August 20, 2009, 08:37:39 PM
is that a true white interior car because a buddy of mine had a true white interior six pack bird and told me they only made three one 440 one six pack and one hemi

I got a true Hemi 4spd 'Bird up here with white interior....just in case anyone cares

moparstuart

Quote from: redrider on August 20, 2009, 08:37:39 PM
I have seen tons of real white interior birds
I dont think its that rare ?

FJ5WING

I thought we were unable to track how many cars with what interior were built? same with decal color? :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

pettybird

i've RIDDEN in way more than three W1 interior birds  :lol:

now, other than the B5/B5 car in IA are there any other non W/X interior cars? 

70426rtse

Nice looking car but.............. what's with that overlapped trunk seam at the front of the trunk mat? geez!!! can we say quality workmanship? NOT.

Oh! seller states it is also is a "rare" stripe delete Superbird... must be the only one!!!!!!!!

BrianShaughnessy

Marlboro is about 1/2 hour from me.   Never seen it before at any of the local car shows or anything.  :shruggy:

Must not bring it out too often. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Arnie Cunningham

Greetings All,

A while back, I sorted the data I have on Superbirds by interior color.  Of the 600+ cars, only 1 in 8 had white interior or about 12.5 percent.  Most of the exterior colors have approximately the same low percentage of white interiors (less than 10%).  B5 is the odd exception.  Almost half the B5 blue exterior color cars have white interior.  It is a very nice combination and someone must have thought it would be a good seller.  So, white interior is comparatively rare with any color other than B5 blue.

Brennan R. Cook
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on August 23, 2009, 10:52:48 AM
Greetings All,

A while back, I sorted the data I have on Superbirds by interior color.  Of the 600+ cars, only 1 in 8 had white interior or about 12.5 percent.  Most of the exterior colors have approximately the same low percentage of white interiors (less than 10%).  B5 is the odd exception.  Almost half the B5 blue exterior color cars have white interior.  It is a very nice combination and someone must have thought it would be a good seller.  So, white interior is comparatively rare with any color other than B5 blue.

Brennan R. Cook
my buddy dick drakes  B5 car has white interior  :yesnod: :yesnod:

F6Bee

For me, open up the trunk and this is what separates the men from the boys on price.

Nice color combo, but for today's standards on sheetmetal replacement, that trunk leaves a lot to be desired in my book.   A few extra hours on the seams and some undercoating on the quarters goes a long way.

Just my humble 2 cents.

redrider

turns out my buddy ment there was only three white and white interior birds one 440 one 4406 (which he had) and one hemi :slap: