News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door question

Started by 1charger69, August 20, 2009, 10:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

i have pc that fell out of my door innards as i was disassembling....a little metal square with a threaded hole in the center.....an allen screw threads in the center.  any one got an idea where this goes?? ::)

jar1292

is there a pic possible mine is also all uncovered maybe i can help? this might be stupid? but what year as I dont know if there all the same!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

1charger69

lol...i guess the year WOULD help huh :)   its a 69 :icon_smile_big:

TylerCharger69

I know what your talking about I believe, but a pic would be easier to identify  since there are a few different things in the doors that resemble what you are talking about.  The deal with the allen wrench thing  I believe.....not 100% sure without a visual...is the adjustment for the vent window frame placement.  The square thing you are describing sounds to me like it's part of the window stop itself......Don't hold me to that though.....Pictures are worth a thousand words!!!

Shakey

Quote from: 1charger69 on August 20, 2009, 10:35:09 PM
i have pc that fell out of my door innards as i was disassembling....a little metal square with a threaded hole in the center.....an allen screw threads in the center.  any one got an idea where this goes?? ::)

:shruggy:

I have already done my doors and have lots of pics but couldn't find anything that looked like that.

1charger69

ill get a shot or 2 of the pc  for ya...thanks guys

mopar_nut_440_6

I believe that one may be for the vent window. As I recall the small allen head screw goes through a hole in the upper door area and the plate backs it up. I think this is on the front side of the vent window lower corner. The vent window frame has a slot in it to slide in.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

gasoline_24

That is correct.  The allen wrench goes through hole right behind the vent window.  The petal piece slides into the door and acts as the nut for the allen screw.

yeahitsgotahemi!

Here ya go. Stole this pic from bill440rt's thread..... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39415.0.html

Yep, that little thing bolts the vent wing into the door. It goes up behind it, and the hex bolt with the washer bolts into it.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

1charger69

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!.............AHHHHH........  IN A NON HOMO WAY OF COURSE...LOL :icon_smile_big: