News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to start back after 3 1/2 years!

Started by Bulldog69RT, August 22, 2009, 11:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

AirborneSilva

Hey Bulldog, thank you for your service  :patriot: keep up the good work on your project and keep them pictures coming  :2thumbs:

Bulldog69RT

Ive posted this somewhere else awhile back but here is the cowl before and after I cut it. It was worse than I thought it was going to be. Someone in the past filled it with bondo. It was a mess.

'69 Charger R/T. Restoration in progress...

Bulldog69RT

And thanks to 67Charger440 This will be the replacement for the passenger lower cowl damage. I have a 3 day weekend this weekend so I should get it fitted and hopefully welded in.

67Charger440

Sorry they ain't the prettiest, but it just happened that I needed to cut out a lot of what was bad on yours to get to what was bad on mine.  I'd have been more careful had I known, but it looks like it will cover about 90% of the damage.  It just needs a little massaging to get to fit again.  Glad to help.  :2thumbs:  I know exactly what you're dealing with.

Bulldog69RT

Quote from: 67Charger440 on January 10, 2012, 10:04:08 PM
Sorry they ain't the prettiest, but it just happened that I needed to cut out a lot of what was bad on yours to get to what was bad on mine.  I'd have been more careful had I known, but it looks like it will cover about 90% of the damage.  It just needs a little massaging to get to fit again.  Glad to help.  :2thumbs:  I know exactly what you're dealing with.

It covers more than I was expecting.  :2thumbs: It's looking like there will just be one small area I might have to fill. 
It's a heck of alot better than a $400 dollar lower cowl.

Cooter

I got a few left over Charger pieces layin' round Bulldog. You lemme know if can help this thing move ahead. I'll do you right on the prices.
Most of what I got is pretty much trim stuff. I got the three piece trunk set, two sets of taillights for '69, bumper cores, top of door trim, back window trim, sorry, no vinyl top trim, two front valances, etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bulldog69RT

Quote from: Cooter on January 10, 2012, 11:01:59 PM
I got a few left over Charger pieces layin' round Bulldog. You lemme know if can help this thing move ahead. I'll do you right on the prices.
Most of what I got is pretty much trim stuff. I got the three piece trunk set, two sets of taillights for '69, bumper cores, top of door trim, back window trim, sorry, no vinyl top trim, two front valances, etc.

Awesome thanks! I might be calling on ya pretty soon for one of those front valances. Mine looks like somebody wrapped a chain around it and tried to pull the car up a mountain.  :rofl:

Bulldog69RT

It snowed all day here today but I still got a few hours of work done on the car.
A: I cut out the bad area to make room for my replacement section of the lower cowl.
B: I fit the new piece.
C: New piece welded in. (Sorry for the crappy pic) I still need to smooth it out a little. Next I just need to spot weld the chimney peice, finish the weird oval patch piece, and weld in the side piece. But the hard part's done. Hopefully it wont be so ugly come next week.  :lol:

Bulldog69RT

Slowly but surely, its getting there. Sandblasted the passenger inner fender today.  :2thumbs:

cdr

thats a really cool project, keep on, keepin on & thank you for your service that allows us to live in this great nation
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Bulldog69RT

4/29/12. Its taking forever with my little gravity sandblaster, but I got the shock tower done and over half the firewall.

Bulldog69RT

Today I opened my mailbox to a suprise. My Grandpa left me money to finish my car! AMD is about to get a huge order! Stay tuned.

72Charger-SE

Congratulations on the investment from Grandpa.  I am guessing that means he recently passed away?  If so, my condolences to you and your family.  Thank you for your service and know that we will will ALWAYS fly the United States Flag outside of our Home!    IN GOD WE TRUST! 

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on May 25, 2012, 10:19:19 PM
Congratulations on the investment from Grandpa.  I am guessing that means he recently passed away?  If so, my condolences to you and your family.  Thank you for your service and know that we will will ALWAYS fly the United States Flag outside of our Home!    IN GOD WE TRUST! 

X2 :patriot: 

Bulldog69RT

Ya, Gramps passed in November. I got to fly to Georgia and see him a few days before he passed. The car is our project and he's still helping me after he's gone. :cheers:

I sandblasted the rest of the firewall and most of the upper radiator support. Im ordering the lower radiator support piece, left inner fender and upper cowl on tuesday. I'm also buying a larger air compressor to speed things up.

Bulldog69RT

This should make things go a little easier.  :2thumbs:

AirborneSilva

Sweet!!!  That will make life much nicer  :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

Nice!  I bought one a couple months ago...  I had to go with the 110/220v as I don't have room on my panel at this time to run the full 220v.  It is affecting productivity but not as much as a lack of time to work on the car.  We have to add a new panel to our house and then I can 'trench' a separate panel to the garage.  It will make life much easier in the long run!  What is your CFM on that baby?  Around 12 or so at 90 psi?

charger_fan_4ever

To bad you couldn't have located a rust free cowl. Cheapest metal replaced on my 70. $200 for the cowl. Just the time to seperate the too and blast/prep.

Bulldog69RT

Compressor is 19.1 scfm @ 125psi and somewhere around 17.5 scfm @90psi. Figured I'd spend the money and get one that would last me a lifetime. Plus, it has a great warranty that comes with it!

Ya, the lower cowl is a pain. I figured it won't be seen once the car is together, might as well just fix the holes the best I can and throw the upper cowl on top of it. Because I really dont feel like spending all of that money on a panel you're not going to see. I probably won't get any work done on the car this weekend. I gotta work saturday and Im going to spend Sunday setting up the compressor. Im ordering the upper cowl and left inner fender tonight. oh, and the fender to cowl brackets as well. 721.00 AMD

Bulldog69RT

Inner left fender arrived today as well as upper brackets! Still no upper cowl. Atleast the inner fender will give me something to do for awhile. Once I get done with that there is always more sandblasting to do. I havent blasted with the new compressor yet, im looking forward to it though!

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Bulldog69RT

Here is the inner fender cut out. Ive since cut the bad metal out of the frame and radiator core support. And I blasted the inside of the left frame and painted it. I went and bought some sheets of sheet metal to patch the frame and rad. support.

Bulldog69RT

Im back at it after a few weeks. I cut the bad crap out of the frame where the battery sat, it was worse than I thought, imagine that. Here's what I got accomplished today...