News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to start back after 3 1/2 years!

Started by Bulldog69RT, August 22, 2009, 11:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog69RT

'69 Charger R/T. Restoration in progress...

Bulldog69RT

ChgrSteve67

Bulldog69RT

I found an engine yesterday for the charger! 400 bucks for the block, rods and crank. oil pan, water pump, and a few odds and ends.

JB400

I hope you get to start making progress on it again.  Looks good so far :2thumbs:

Bulldog69RT

If I can stop getting the wife pregnant. Babies mean quiet in the garage and a thin wallet. But I wouldnt trade it for the world. Though I do wish I had a shop away from the house. One day.

The70RT

Quote from: Bulldog69RT on December 30, 2012, 11:53:35 AM
If I can stop getting the wife pregnant. Babies mean quiet in the garage and a thin wallet. But I wouldnt trade it for the world. Though I do wish I had a shop away from the house. One day.

Your a kid still so time is on your side compared to some of us FOG's. Keep doing what you can  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Bulldog69RT on August 22, 2009, 04:26:16 PM
I really appreciate yalls comments! Im pretty darn exited to get down there and get started! My grandpa has tons of step-by-step pictures on floppy discs in his computer desk at home. Once i get down there ill be able to post alot of awesome detailed pictures!
Im planning on pulling the 400 and the 727 out and selling it this winter sometime. Once I get the bodywork done and painted and put the glass in, Im gonna do the suspension. Dunno what im gonna go with, brands etc.., but its what im gonna do. Then I want to buy a 440 shortblock and fresh 727 and start building the 440. Aluminum heads, cam, etc.. I want the body to look as it did from the factory, that same green color w/o the R/T stripe, just the emblem. And the interior the same as stock, but I want a ratchet shifter!  :2thumbs: Ill definitely come on here and ask advice as I go, my grandpa is a mustang guy. Ive got a few more pics ill post in a few

Keep on moving forward.

AirborneSilva

If I can stop getting the wife pregnant

So you haven't figured out what's causing that have you  :rofl:

Doing some good work on the car  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 30, 2012, 03:56:34 PM

:smilielol:  How about I send you a pic of my second wife about 10 years after we split. All you gotta do is take a look at it when you're in the mood and I guarandamntee you that will bring anything down thats sticking up.  :yesnod:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bulldog69RT

Im glad I have a place to go for all of this non-car related info! You guys are great.  :rofl:

TUFCAT

Great story. I'm reading it for the first time.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Tilar on December 30, 2012, 04:20:30 PM

:smilielol:  How about I send you a pic of my second wife about 10 years after we split. All you gotta do is take a look at it when you're in the mood and I guarandamntee you that will bring anything down thats sticking up.  :yesnod:

Or just look at my wife naked...That will kill any erection. :smilielol:

Tilar

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 31, 2012, 01:50:33 PM
Quote from: Tilar on December 30, 2012, 04:20:30 PM

Or just look at my wife naked...That will kill any erection. :smilielol:

Hmm, Were you and your wife married after 1986?   :scratchchin:  Might be a coincidence but you never know!!!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Bulldog69RT

Finally got my Harley finished and got back to the car! I got an Argon/CO2 tank for the welder and got the inner fender in. After installing it with sheet metal screws and putting the fenders and hood back on the car to make sure it would fit. I ordered new tips for my sandblaster this week so hopefully ill be able to finish sandblasting in the next week or two.

AirborneSilva

Bulldog69RT

Crappy cell phone pic, but I made some repairs today. area between the passenger door and front fender was pretty bad! Ill post a pic of the finished product later, but here's how she looked around lunch time today! I thought it turned out pretty well.

Bulldog69RT

I just gotta grind her down. I spot welded the bottom three holes and made the corner smooth, I just need to finish grinding it all down.

Bulldog69RT

Lower and upper cowl are just about finished. All front suspension sandbasted, painted and rebushed with all moog problem solved stuff. I bought a pair of e-body disc brake spindles, just need to get backing plates and brakes.

67440chrg

Its great to see your still after it. Keep up the good work.

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Bulldog69RT

I put a few tack welds here and ran into some old lead work my grandpa did.  :brickwall:

qwick68

Keep plugging away.....I bought my charger when I was 15 too, 20 years later I'm still doing little odds and ends.....
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Bulldog69RT

Nice man. Keep at her!
I added metal all the way to the leaded area and patched up my window pillar..
So... do I melt all of the lead out and make a panel? Or will metal filler work? Or do I lead it myself? I'm stuck.