News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

member's map?

Started by Rolling_Thunder, August 24, 2009, 01:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Didn't we used to have a member's map somewhere on this site?  of was it the previous site?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

Troy

It was the old site and the map doesn't (didn't) work with the new software. There is a Google Maps mod for this software but it gets kind of slow with a lot of points so I've been avoiding it. I guess if no one ever tries to see all members in the US it might not be too bad.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Rolling_Thunder

Troy - forgive me if this is the dumbest question ever but is there any way to break the member's map down to states ? May be easier to view that way ?   Or maybe just making a member's list of where people are (in case people like me do not know who is around them) - I think it would be a good idea just to see where people lay...      the list could easily be made as a spreadsheet (Excel?) and be able to be downloaded ?  I could make the list in my free time - I just have no idea how to go about getting everyone's information...    city, state, zip, Screen name ?  exact addresses not necessary for those who like their privacy... 

Again - random thoughts from the kid who should be out working on his car    haha
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

68X426

Troy- I vote yes on some kind of map.

Especially since if Mr. Thunder is not going to work on his car, he has time to design a spread sheet. After all, idle time is the devils playground.  >:D

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

jesterCT

perhaps this newer mod could solve the performance problem.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1010

with this mod you can select how many markers shall be shown on the map.

It would be great to have a members map.

twodko

What Rolling_Thunder & 68X426 said.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jkornoff

It's been a while since I was on the boards, but I came in tonight to see if there was any interest in a location map of Dodge Chargers throughout the world.  I've been creating mapping applications for the web and iPhone for the past two years and thought I'd start a new mapping application for 'car folks' like us.

It shouldn't take me more than a few more days to create the base map.  Maybe we can use the Charger as a 'beta' test for my map?  I'll put the first one on the map with mine here in Huntington Beach, CA!  hahaha

But seriously, if there is interest, we can maybe start off the map here.  I'd include things like the ability to upload a pic, specs, description, options, etc, etc.  Selecting a location would be as easy as clicking the map once.

Yes?  No?

doctor4766

Other forums I frequent have the facility for the users to type in their location (as well as their car type and/or first name.) Comes up next to the post count.
That's a simple way of knowing who's who and where they are.
Gotta love a '69

elacruze

Quote from: jkornoff on February 12, 2011, 01:04:23 AM
It's been a while since I was on the boards, but I came in tonight to see if there was any interest in a location map of Dodge Chargers throughout the world.  I've been creating mapping applications for the web and iPhone for the past two years and thought I'd start a new mapping application for 'car folks' like us.

It shouldn't take me more than a few more days to create the base map.  Maybe we can use the Charger as a 'beta' test for my map?  I'll put the first one on the map with mine here in Huntington Beach, CA!  hahaha

But seriously, if there is interest, we can maybe start off the map here.  I'd include things like the ability to upload a pic, specs, description, options, etc, etc.  Selecting a location would be as easy as clicking the map once.

Yes?  No?

Yes!
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Roger 68 charger

68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

jkornoff

Ok, I'll PM the site admin and see if they'll let me post a link and spread the word.  I have a prototype map working now, just need to make it look 'nice'!

jkornoff

Ok, I've got an interactive muscle car map site up an running where you can post your Charger to an interactive map, add details about you and your car, add a photo of your ride, and browse other cars from around the world.

I've got different maps for Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, Cameros, Chevelles, AMXs, Corvettes, and GTOs.

Designing and building a site from scratch is very tough and time consuming.  I really wanted to just get something up and running ASAP as a side project.  I hope to come back to this and work on the design and layout and really polish it up.  But in the meantime, the site is live and fully functional!

www.musclecarmap.com/charger/

Let me know what you think!!!

-josh

Brock Samson

i was tryin' but the map was in the way covering up the fields to the left...  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

I think the idea would be a good idea, but I also thought of one bad and down side to it as well. It would also help out car theivs for finding old cars that we have also.

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 19, 2011, 07:52:20 PM
I think the idea would be a good idea, but I also thought of one bad and down side to it as well. It would also help out car theivs for finding old cars that we have also.
Click on the map to set your location - Be smart, DON'T select your exact address!!!  

Quote from: jkornoff on February 19, 2011, 06:21:08 PM

And just a special note...please don't post the exact location of your car or where you live, right?  Picking your favorite cruise spot or local landmark is probably good enough for the purposes of this kind of thing.

Max rim size:15"

chadillac

Added my Alaskan '68 Charger to the map

Lennard

I had the state name where I live filled out by location but after being screwed by some asshole that lives faaaar away I deleted it.
If he would have lived closer to me I would pay him a visit but he probably thought (and was right) there was no way I was going to drive a few days to get my $155 back.  :Twocents:

tsmithae

I posted mine but the only thing I didn't see was a means to edit... My picture wasn't accepted and now it looks like I can't add a different one.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

squeakfinder

Quote from: jkornoff on February 19, 2011, 06:12:31 PM
Ok, I've got an interactive muscle car map site up an running where you can post your Charger to an interactive map, add details about you and your car, add a photo of your ride, and browse other cars from around the world.

I've got different maps for Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, Cameros, Chevelles, AMXs, Corvettes, and GTOs.

Designing and building a site from scratch is very tough and time consuming.  I really wanted to just get something up and running ASAP as a side project.  I hope to come back to this and work on the design and layout and really polish it up.  But in the meantime, the site is live and fully functional!

www.musclecarmap.com/charger/

Let me know what you think!!!

-josh

Klicked that link and got sh't load of pop up's. Allthough many were blocked by my computer, I'm not gonna do it.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

404NOTFOUND

That site is run by pukes. I won't go there.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.