News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GoodMark Panels

Started by 268RTs4ME, August 30, 2009, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

268RTs4ME

Are goodmark panels a good quality panel when it comes to sheet metal? Friend has some for sale (Quaters) that I can buy right but don't know much about there products. Ant imput is appreciated. Thanlks dodgecharger.com

Arigmaster

I worked directly with the folks at Goodmark when I ordered mine. One thing I did notice (with the first set they sent me) was that the center body line was very dull and rounded. The panels came damaged from shipping and I refused them. I made a slight trade off by requesting a thinner guage metal so the stamping would bring out the body line better. It also made the welding easier so the panel didn't get warped. My goal was to minimize or eliminate body filler on the car.

Scaregrabber

If AMD makes what you need buy the AMD, even if it costs double. Much better quality.

Sheldon

elitecustombody

Goodmark is OK if there is nothing avaliable,as mentionned before, their body lines and edges are not crisp,some will need work and they will take more work to fit as well, AMD on the other hand has thicker metal with alot more pronounced crisp body lines and edges,something you'd see on brand new OEM panels, and fitment is usually nearly perfect, if you decide to look into AMD parts, let me know, I'm a distributor for AMD metal and glass,

Stefan 

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

Mike DC

QuoteIf AMD makes what you need buy the AMD, even if it costs double. Much better quality.

Agreed.  The major sheetmetal panels are the LAST place on the car that you wanna cut corners.  As your money & skills & desire for perfection improve, virtually anything you did earlier on the car is practical to re-do again later . . .  except the sheetmetal work. 

Even if you magically got the Goodmark panels to fit perfectly and you re-created the perfect bodylines, the quality of the steel itself is way better with the AMD stuff. 

268RTs4ME

Thansk for the infor guys appreciated..