News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

does anybody know where I can buy the PLYMOUTH letters

Started by notabird, August 31, 2009, 07:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notabird

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

i haven't seen them reproduced yet.  BE/A doesn't do them, and Mike says Trim Parts has the licensing. 

moparstuart

I think brent is looking for the little metal emblems spelling out plymouth ,  brent i got mine a couple of years ago at monster mopar , the guy had several .   I would bet you can find some there.  He had them all layed out and punched on card board .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

arrow

going by memory here- and its not all that good , Im thinking those letters are the same as the Ply. letters on the 70 Furys hood s ??

oldcarnut

I have also been looking for a nice set.  Have bought a few off ebay and they were not much better than what I had on the car even though they were described to be very nice  ::).  Did find a couple of places that had new sets and best I can remember they were $80 for the set from one place.  I'll try to find them again and let ya know.

nascarxx29

http://www.jacksautoparts.com/catalog/emB.html .Jack And Jimmy known them years got lots of parts thru them.They specialized in NOS.And carry reproduction pieces
http://www.jacksautoparts.com/index.html

These should be the ones # EM 127.The other ones from front of hoods or nose of 67- Barracuda not the same for some reason I recall.But will find a picture .And dont have the correct detail black paint inside the letters .I used to get them off junkyard cars and brass wire wheel them to look decent.  Front plymouth letters 67 Barracuda

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

If I remember correctly, there's a difference in stud locations even though the letters are virtually identical. I know this to be true on a 67 GTX that I recently assembled. The owner had purchased a nice set of hood letters at the Nats and some of them  had the studs in the wrong location. In a must-use situation, the holes could be welded up and redrilled, but you usually find this out after the car has been painted.
Best advice....Only buy the ones listed as being correct for your car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

oldcarnut

Jacks was who I was thinking about and had looked them up to post but ya beat me to it. I went ahead and ordered a set from them.  There were a couple others but they were the cheapest.  $72 for the set + 9.50 s&h.
Herb's were $96 and
http://www.penstar.bizland.com/emblems.pdf $79 
After spending for and seeing the used sets it just made more sense to buy the repops.  It will be a long time before I get to the point of using them but at least I'll have set in case they get scarce.  I asked and Gail said there was about 4 sets left.
David

hotrod98

That's a good idea. I've been preaching to people for quite a while now about how they shouldn't expect this stuff to always be available.
Some companies quit producing parts if they didn't sell well. You can't make a profit from product that sits on the shelf. Even Mike Ross has said to me personally that some of his stuff at BE&A is going to be a one-run only part.
Then you have the small one man companies that make some of this stuff and when that guy retires or dies, then no more parts.
I'm not sure what the situation iis with the nameplates but more and more are showing to be discontinued on many of the websites. I assumed that at least the nameplates would always be available. I was dead wrong.
I have a 71 Cuda that I plan to restore in a year or so and I'm buying everything that I need for it now.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Mopurr

I wanted to say thanks to you guys for referencing places that had the letters.

I ordered them for Brent from Jacks today.

I think this is the possibly the first time I have ordered from them or might have about 20 yrs ago when we did the Charger.

Gail is super nice and their prices were lower than what I had looked up in a Yearone Catalog that we had.

oldcarnut

I already got mine in. They looked nice  :2thumbs:.  Shipping was fast.

notabird

Thanks for all the info,sounds like we have a new place to buy parts.
Brent