News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any progress on your daytona KISMGBY?

Started by notabird, September 09, 2009, 01:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notabird

what is the problem and what have you done so far? Inquiring minds want to know.
Brent

Kismgby

Doug C. recommends tossing the battery as the Optimas are krap.  Won't be able to do much until the weekend. 

hemigeno

Hi JoA,

I was reading through the TSB manual last night for an unrelated reason, and came across a blurb about the neutral safety switch wiring.  It said that if unexplained no-start conditions persisted, it could be that the center terminal inside the switch wiring became too spread out to make good contact.  They said to take needle-nose pliers and squeeze the brass connectors together inside the wire terminal/end, and NOT to wiggle or twist the terminal onto the neutral safety switch any more than necessary - since this widens the brass connectors right back out.

Might want to check this out along with everything else, although this won't make your battery situation any better or worse.

:cheers:

BPTRacing

For trouble shooting neutral safety problems, you can by-pass it completely by connecting a ground wire to the angled connector on the starter solenoid. Of course this means it can be started in any gear position, but at least it will let you know of the neutral safety is or isn't the problem.

If you would like to PM or E-mail a detailed description of the problems you are experiencing, I would be happy to see if I can be of any help.

Scott
ProStDodge@aol.com
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

Kismgby

Well I went to the Optima website to check warranty info and found out something interesting.  I guess it takes 6 to 12 hours to charge the battery!  I think I haven't given my battery charger enough time and then drain it again when I try to use it.  I'll have the better half plug it in while I'm at work and give it a full 6 hours.  Could have been a case of "operator error" all along.   :brickwall:

This would be much easier to deal with if I wasn't working 12 hr days 6 days a week.   :-\