News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

41husk

Dumbest thing ever said to me about a Mopar was from my wife, she said, "I like the Challenger best because it looks like a Mustang" :slap:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

Quote from: 41husk on September 10, 2009, 10:00:02 PM
Dumbest thing ever said to me about a Mopar was from my wife, she said, "I like the Challenger best because it looks like a Mustang" :slap:

oh no, thats it , she HAS TO GOOOOOOOOOO
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

elacruze

Quote from: 41husk on September 10, 2009, 10:00:02 PM

Ok, You win.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

rarefish

Silver R/T

Idiot asking me "so what kind of engine?"
Me: "440"
Idiot: "440 Hemi?"
Me: "No, just a 440"
Idiot: "Then it's not cool"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mAdMoPaR

The one I still get is " That's a cool looking Challenger!....what year is it?" and most of the time it's from dudes older than me!!!! :smilielol:

Brock Samson

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 10, 2009, 10:16:35 PM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TylerCharger69

Yeah...I've had the "I had one just like it" story....usually as they are riding a rusty bicycle looking for aluminum cans and panhandling for loose change.....

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 10, 2009, 10:37:10 PM
Yeah...I've had the "I had one just like it" story....usually as they are riding a rusty bicycle looking for aluminum cans and panhandling for loose change.....

Not a stupid comment about my car but what you said brings back a memory. My dad talked to a guy once who had a '69 R/T SE. He said he loved that car. He remembers it had white leather interior, a white vinyl top, woodgrain dash and console, A/C, 440 and I think he said it was blue. Now he's living on the street with almost nothing to his name :'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Hmmm, it's kind of a toss up between a few things.  When I had the last 69 I got soooooo sick of people telling me to paint it orange and put 01 on the doors.  I had another person ask me about my GTO regarding the same car (there you go Chris G.) but I would have to say the biggest insult came from my best friend who is a Charger guy and it was regarding the 67.  We were at a multi make show out of town and there was an AMC Marlin there and my "buddy" asked me how come I didn't want to park beside the other Marlin.

ChgrSteve67

elanmars

I have many stories with the '73 but already have a few for the '69...

"Nice judge!!"

"Mopars NEVER, EVER had a 400 engine, that's Pontiac, you weren't around back then, so you don't know what you're talking about, KID". I LOVED the "kid" part. And that's the reason if I'm ever at a show, I have one of my Charger books and just quietly point them to the '72 section....actually, that is more in reference to me talking about what my '73 had and what the previous owner of my '69 put in, since the car was originally a 318. So while yeah, 66-71 there was no 400 engine put in a Mopar, I always get the old farts (no offense) saying 400s are strictly Pontiac. Got it ALL the time with the 73, "no son, you either have a 383 or 440, you just don't know what you got!"  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:

"you have the wrong year, the Dukes of Hazzard car is a 66 Charger"

"396 or 454?"
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

BROCK

My ol bud was bragging on my car to his girlfriend when she commented: 

"Nah, looks like a vaccuum cleaner."  He dumped her :yesnod:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 10, 2009, 06:58:38 PM
this is how i imagine you Bull,..  :lol:

Thanks for the compliment, punk. You just went ahead and made my day. :2thumbs:

Skinypete

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 10, 2009, 10:16:35 PM

The garbageman stopped to ask me what motor my car had, and I told him that it will have a 340 soon with plans to upgrade to a 440.  And he said "Them 440 Hemis are pretty sweet! My mother had a New Yorker with a 440 Hemi, wish I still had it."

I politely tried to correct him about his comment, rather uneffectively.
DJMIII

FLG

Quote from: elanmars on September 10, 2009, 11:58:10 PM
I have many stories with the '73 but already have a few for the '69...

"Nice judge!!"

"Mopars NEVER, EVER had a 400 engine, that's Pontiac, you weren't around back then, so you don't know what you're talking about, KID". I LOVED the "kid" part. And that's the reason if I'm ever at a show, I have one of my Charger books and just quietly point them to the '72 section....actually, that is more in reference to me talking about what my '73 had and what the previous owner of my '69 put in, since the car was originally a 318. So while yeah, 66-71 there was no 400 engine put in a Mopar, I always get the old farts (no offense) saying 400s are strictly Pontiac. Got it ALL the time with the 73, "no son, you either have a 383 or 440, you just don't know what you got!"  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:

"you have the wrong year, the Dukes of Hazzard car is a 66 Charger"

"396 or 454?"

Ive had SOOOO many arguments about that with my 73.

"Hey what motor you got?"
"400"
"Oh you put a Pontiac motor in it?"
"No its a mopar 400 BB not a Pontiac 400 SB"
"They didnt make a 400"

And this goes on and on and on, ive given up on educating people  :RantExplode:

kingjoop

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

WM23N1G1

Charger-Bodie

When I first moved to the town I live in now (1988 and I was 17) I was in the yard washing my gold 68. A guy comes accross the street,looking pretty exited. He says "WOW!! a Chevy Charger!! I haven't seen on of those in a long time!" I simply responded to him that he still hadn't seen a Chevy Charger cause this is a DODGE Charger. We ended up becoming pretty good friends and I gave him crap about it on occasion, but I haven't seen him now for years.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

I have another kind of problem when people come across my cars. Although always very positive comments the problem is most of them
doesn't know what kind of car it is. Imagine when you explain about the Dukes and Bullit but still they never saw a Charger, never heard
about "musclecars". All they know is Japs, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo and some English and Italian cars.
I guess it would be the same to you if you were driving a 1966 Opel Kadett to your local show. :lol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Brock Samson

one thing to note is that nowhere does it say "D O D G E"  anywhere on the Charger, though that may not be true on later models,.. I think the first Gen did have big letters across the front..
Few cars don't have the "Manufactures" name on them,m if you can name some I'd be impressed,.. I know the Olds Aurora didn't because GM was trying to move Olds upscale and putting an "Oldsmobile" on it was calculated to turn off perspective buyers...
I have had a fair number of folks over the years ask me who Made the Charger?.. cause they really didn't know..
To some folks a car is just a car, and though they might like the lines on a particular car, they really couldn't give a crap just like some broads recognise each other purses on sight.  :shruggy:  :lol:

kingjoop

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 11, 2009, 11:56:31 AM
I guess it would be the same to you if you were driving a 1966 Opel Kadett to your local show. :lol:

Per

My first car was a Opel Kadett  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :lol:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com