News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi 69 500 Red with black vinyl top

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 18, 2009, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was digging through old photos and found this picture from one of the cars shows I went to about 1986 or so.  Probably Ct or PA show.
That be worth some bucks today, and then. :yesnod:

Hood Pins too?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

I love the 500's but I have to say that is one car I just do not like a vinyl top on. :P

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 18, 2009, 08:56:16 PM
I was digging through old photos and found this picture from one of the cars shows I went to about 1986 or so.  Probably Ct or PA show.

Hood Pins too?

Here is a picture of it in Street Machine in 75ish
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 18, 2009, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 18, 2009, 08:56:16 PM

Hood Pins too?

Here is a picture of it in Street Machine in 75ish
Hey that's cool.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

PocketThunder

Here is a picture off of the old site way back when.  Must be the same car.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Danny (69_500) has old pictures of that car sitting in his dad's garage - neat one, for sure.

69_500

Was just looking at a stack of photo's of that car 2 days ago. My dad bought the car off of Pete Haldiman in 1980 I think it was, and then sold the car in 1985. Was probably the nicest car that my dad had back then, but it wasn't a winged car so he didn't care for it too much.

1969chargerrtse

Different rims in all 3 pics. Should the reflector housing be black like the stripe as with other R/T cars?  No hood pins in one picture?

69_500

The top picture in this thread is the rims that the car should have on it. The hood pins were not factory and were added by the current owner after he bought the car from my dad. The bezels around the reflectors are correct of that car, in that they are painted body color and not stripe color. Not correct for an R/T or an RT/SE and not even correct for all 500's but for that one yes they are correct.

Hemidoug

Nice...I know of a 500 w/vinyl top....A4 silver and black....wish I could pry it from the owners hands, it would make a nice bookend with my R/T....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on September 19, 2009, 08:41:31 AM
The top picture in this thread is the rims that the car should have on it. The hood pins were not factory and were added by the current owner after he bought the car from my dad. The bezels around the reflectors are correct of that car, in that they are painted body color and not stripe color. Not correct for an R/T or an RT/SE and not even correct for all 500's but for that one yes they are correct.
Could you explain how they are correct for that car?  It came out the door that way?

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Scaregrabber

For some reason I always liked that car. It was in a lot of magazines back then.

Sheldon

Troy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 19, 2009, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on September 19, 2009, 08:41:31 AM
Could you explain how they are correct for that car?  It came out the door that way?
Creative rebuilt a big chunk of the back end of these cars. When they removed the reflectors they apparently threw them in a pile. After the modifications were done they grabbed a set, painted them to match the body (if necessary), and reinstalled them over the freshly applied stripe. It was a bit later before they figured out the bezels were supposed to be the same color as the stripe. The cars shipped from the factory without stripes (even though they were essentially R/Ts) so the folks at Creative didn't have anything to compare with.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

True, but I can't figure any rhyme or reason as to why certain ones were painted stripe color and others were not. The first 4 were all R4 red cars with white stripes and none of them had the bezels painted white to match the stripe, they were all red to match the body color. Then in September there are a few cars that I've looked at that are still original paint cars that have the bezels painted stripe color and then there are others that are still body color. The later through the production run it is the same way, some are body color and others are stripe color. Its hit and miss, but I know for that car they were body color.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

autoxcuda

When talking to the Machado's about Pete's old Hemi 500, Joe said he remembers vinyl top 500's and Daytona on dealer lots. He said they were just dealer installed tops. It was common practice back in the day. I think the dealer installed tops were actually cheaper than factory ones. And they would add it to cars to help them sell. Joe said he's had a few 500's with vinyl tops. I think he even parted and junked one of those too (this is eons ago).
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !