News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could go back in time, what is the 1 car you wish you still had?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 18, 2009, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Of all the cars I owned, and most being GM. The one I wish I kept would be this.  :drool5:
I traveled from Ct to SC in the middle of a snow storm so bad I-95 was shut down.  It had factory 4:11's and I froze my feet off coming home as the heater was disconnected.  I sold it back in the mid 80's to someone in Stratford Ct and never saw it again.  I got it from hemmings for something like 3,800.00.  The writing info is from the back of one of the pics. The paint was original.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68X426

I wish for a 1960 Buick Electra. It was my dad's. I miss him. It's the car that he cruised in during the 60's and took me along when I was a kid. He was cool, I just didn't know it at the time. :icon_smile_cool:

He was always a Mopar man at heart. Cleveland Ohio in the 50's and 60's was a GM town, he really wanted an Imperial, said it was the finest ride, but he had to settle for the Buick. The Buick was nicer than the house we lived in. The pic isn't his car, we can't find any of his. :'(

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 18, 2009, 09:45:26 PM
Of all the cars I owned, and most being GM. The one I wish I kept would be this.  :drool5:
I traveled from Ct to SC in the middle of a snow storm so bad I-95 was shut down.  It had factory 4:11's and I froze my feet off coming home as the heater was disconnected.  I sold it back in the mid 80's to someone in Stratford Ct and never saw it again.  I got it from hemmings for something like 3,800.00.  The writing info is from the back of one of the pics. The paint was original.

That's a thing of beauty....I'm quite partial to '70 Superbees and Coronets :icon_smile_wink: :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Todd Wilson

Uh..............well   I still got my high skool car.............. Maybe my 1983 GMC 6.2 diesel cargo van.............. :icon_smile_big:

aussiemuscle

in australia the most valuable car is the 1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase 3. it was a special edition Falcon made basically to compete in racing. there was one sold 2-3 years ago for $750,000. if i had a time machine i'd go back to 1971 and buy one for $5,000.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/750000-for-36yearold-ford-falcon/2007/06/02/1180205572256.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 68X426 on September 18, 2009, 11:03:45 PM
I wish for a 1960 Buick Electra. It was my dad's. I miss him. It's the car that he cruised in during the 60's and took me along when I was a kid. He was cool, I just didn't know it at the time. :icon_smile_cool:

He was always a Mopar man at heart. Cleveland Ohio in the 50's and 60's was a GM town, he really wanted an Imperial, said it was the finest ride, but he had to settle for the Buick. The Buick was nicer than the house we lived in. The pic isn't his car, we can't find any of his. :'(
I hope my kids talk that way about me when I'm gone one day.  Right now my daughter just thinks the Charger is ugly.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

PocketThunder

Not too far back in time i had my first child and i soon sold my 97 Jeep Wrangler because hauling a baby seat in and out of the back was not the easiest thing on my back.  I have missed that Jeep everyday since i sold it 5 years ago now..  :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SnoPro440

I still wish I had my 98 Ram.  I had a lot of fun in that thing.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

captnsim

My old 1960 New Yorker Hardtop, 413 Golden Lion, push button trans with block-o-wood parking brake...The things I did in that huge back seat...  :icon_smile_big:

Pic is not my car...Mine was black with a silver roof

beware the sleeper

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 19, 2009, 06:14:15 AM
Quote from: 68X426 on September 18, 2009, 11:03:45 PM

I hope my kids talk that way about me when I'm gone one day.  Right now my daughter just thinks the Charger is ugly.

you can totally adopt me and leave it to me if youd like, i will always remember you fondly, thats for sure.

Chatt69chgr

I'd like to have my 66 Fairlane 390 GTA back.  Would love to put a 427 in it.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

John_Kunkel

Ignore the Harley in the foreground but this is the only pic I have of my loaded '67 New Yorker, I junked it out because the parts were worth more than the whole car during the first "gas crisis". Dumb, dumb, dumb.....
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger RT

If I could go back in time I would have taken a differant route home and not hit the patch of ice on the curve and totaled my blue 383 2bbl 69 charger. It was my second car. I still have the hood and doors and some other parts from it after 29 years. I even moved 1200 miles and took them with me.
Tim

General_01

When I was about 2 years out of high school, I owned a 1977 Toyota Celica ST. That was a fun car to own. I ended up borrowing it to my sister when her and her husband needed a vehicle because their's broke down. Long story short, they ended up using it to trade in on another vehicle. It was this model and color, but this is not my old car.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Sublime/Sixpack

My 1967 Coronet R/T. I'd still have it if I hadn't pulled a stupid stunt at 110 mph on a two lane.  :RantExplode:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

472 R/T SE

1969chargerrtse, I see you wrote rear deck lid spoiler on the piece of paper, was it coded for it?

That Bee of yours was similar to mine.  Mine was a bench seat non air hood though.

That car & my blue 4 gear Charger I prolly miss the most.  The ability to drive either one makes missing them a moot point.

68charger383

Probably my 70 Cuda, 440+6, 4spd with a 410 Dana....vitamin C with a white interior and black vinyl roof...very nice ride.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 19, 2009, 11:39:47 PM
1969chargerrtse, I see you wrote rear deck lid spoiler on the piece of paper, was it coded for it?

That Bee of yours was similar to mine.  Mine was a bench seat non air hood though.

That car & my blue 4 gear Charger I prolly miss the most.  The ability to drive either one makes missing them a moot point.

Everything on the car was original so I'd bet 100% it was.  Back then I didn't  know nuttin about tags.

TruckDriver

My '71 Maverick Grabber. Had a full race 351 Cleveland in it, auto on the floor with bucket seats. (you dont see many Mavericks with factory buckets and automatic on the floor). The engine was way to much engine for the car, but it was a blast to drive.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

I haven't had many cars but I would have kept the 73 Monte Carlo my dad offered to me. I didnt want to fix the rust.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: greenpigs on September 20, 2009, 03:35:17 PM
I haven't had many cars but I would have kept the 73 Monte Carlo my dad offered to me. I didnt want to fix the rust.
I love the 73 Monte.  Round headlamps with big swoopy fenders.

RusTy/SE

Not because of this site's name but i'd like to have kept this 70 Charger R/T. The car was on a vacant lot across the street from a local service station and i was able to purchase it for $300; it was not as bad as it looks.

As non-Mopars go, I owned this 77 El Dorado in the late eighties. With just 43K little-old-lady-miles on the odometer when my name went on the title, this one was a sweet cruiser. Recliner size front seats and a couch out back, I only added a Blaupunkt stereo. The ladies couldn't get enough of it :rofl: