News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof Charger

Started by stuntman mike, September 20, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

Stuntman Mike, can you post some more shots of it? I'd like to see the interior.

Mike DC

BTW, the hardcore Dukes fans have followed the fates of the Warner Bros GLs with very keen interest.  We generally know where the cars have ended up, and as far as I know there is no evidence to believe any of them ended up in "DeathProof."  If there were any GLs used in "DeathProof" then they were almost surely replicas without any Warner Bros connections. 

In fact, at the time of DeathProof's filming, the current producers of DOH stuff probably would not have been willing to part with any of the GLs yet.  DeathProof was being filmed at a time when the 2005 DOH movie was finished but the possibility of more new sequels/TV shows had not yet been abandoned.

stuntman mike

I have original seats and original 3-way belts, for the registration.

It gonna be Simpson seats and Simpson 5-way harness, and I looking for Beard seatcover.

I have some problem to download the pics. for the moment.

They are coming when I have solved the problem.

stuntman mike

pics. 1

stuntman mike

I think It works now...
More pics.

stuntman mike

more pics

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mike DC

Hollywood rollcage work often looks like this.  Their cages have their own style and it's not quite like most other racecars.  

Those guys don't just risk a crash, they schedule it.  

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Cooter on September 24, 2009, 12:24:51 AM
Did anyone else notice in the movie that right under the driver's side door handle in one of the close ups, you could plainly see Orange paint? I think there were some General Lee clones torn up in that movie. :rotz:

none of the cars were ex-generals , they were all built from the ground up not repainted orange catastrophe's(as u can see the rims are the new vectors , u can read it all in a past issue of mcg :yesnod:-MATT

chargerkid01

picked up the movie this past weekend, the car scene was good other than that so so. Awsome charger though love the way it is set up.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: chargerkid01 on September 28, 2009, 02:38:02 PM
picked up the movie this past weekend, the car scene was good other than that so so. Awsome charger though love the way it is set up.

without the car chase, this movie would have totally stank! (i never walk out of a movie, but peeeyeeewww).

Ghoste

In it's defence though, I think that was kind of the idea.  The movie was supposed to emulate the cheaply made assembly line type of films sent out to drive-ins and low budget B movie theaters.  Hence the "Grindhouse" title for that and the Planet Terror or whatever it was that went with it.

Mike DC

DeathProof was just crap as a movie IMHO, and I don't mean in an excusable way. The cars were awesome and so was the chase, but not the rest of it.  

The thing is, look at us here.  WE ARE that 00.4% of the population that will actually get every little obscure 70s gearhead/grindhouse reference in the film.  

That tiny group that's supposed to "understand" and love this movie, even though the vast majority of the viewers don't "get it" .  .  .  it's US

Brock Samson

I liked the companion movie, maybe because I'm old enough to remember when movies were like that,.. but i also think this was a bit of an inside joke between the directors who of course would encourage each other and hope/think that others would appreciate the genre...
I don't think though the pair was made for a few thousand dollars like the originals Grindhouse movies were, perhaps if they had set a ridiculously low budget then it would have worked as intended but I was simply annoyed by deathproof beating on the Mopars I wouldn't of minded so much if they were camaros or whatever but i still wouldn't have liked the movie... Maybe it's like reggae you'd have to be stoned to get it...  :shruggy:

Mike DC

There's not much wrong with the "Grindhouse" production that wouldn't have been fixed by cutting it down to a pair of 1-hour shows instead of them both being full length. 

IMHO it was pure over-indugence making them both run two hours. 

FastbackJon

Anyone else notice that odd chrome window frame on the Challenger?

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

stuntman mike

I see "Death Proof" as a tribute to, to the coolest "muscle"cars and 70 movies,  he know. So he put in "the Challenger" from from vanishing point, and a Charger 69 as in Dirty Mary crazy Larry, with wheels
from Duke of Hazard and the "Duck" from Convoy(Sam Peckinpah) And the Nova is not so bad either

And to all that, he add serious dialogue. What more do you want, he is a Master!                                  

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 29, 2009, 12:38:11 PM

DeathProof was just crap as a movie IMHO, and I don't mean in an excusable way. The cars were awesome and so was the chase, but not the rest of it. 

The thing is, look at us here.  WE ARE that 00.4% of the population that will actually get every little obscure 70s gearhead/grindhouse reference in the film.  

That tiny group that's supposed to "understand" and love this movie, even though the vast majority of the viewers don't "get it" .  .  .  it's US

:iagree:

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Ghoste on September 29, 2009, 09:41:25 AM
In it's defence though, I think that was kind of the idea.  The movie was supposed to emulate the cheaply made assembly line type of films sent out to drive-ins and low budget B movie theaters.  Hence the "Grindhouse" title for that and the Planet Terror or whatever it was that went with it.
i have no issues with the 'style' of the movie, but those chicks gabbing about who knows what for like an hour of the movie  :blahblah:

squeakfinder

Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 29, 2009, 05:43:28 PM
In it's defence though, I think that was kind of the idea.  The movie was supposed to emulate the cheaply made assembly line type of films sent out to drive-ins and low budget B movie theaters.  Hence the "Grindhouse" title for that and the Planet Terror or whatever it was that went with it.
i have no issues with the 'style' of the movie, but those chicks gabbing about who knows what for like an hour of the movie  :blahblah:

Yeah, waching and listening to that was more painful than the distruction of the Charger and Challenger. I was glad when Kurt Russell ran the nova head on into them..
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

elanmars

all tarantino movies, besides maybe Kill Bill to an extent, are full of "blah blah blah"...

not hating-I do enjoy his movies, I do like Death Proof but all his movies are very dialogue heavy. It's interesting how he mixes and matches so many different movies together to make one-mostly obscure, b-movies/foreign stuff the average audience wouldn't ever watch/give a crap about, so with their ignorance they hail him as original and amazing. He's amazing at being a movie DJ, I'll give them that...but original, nope. And yes, I know "blah blah blah no one is original everyone takes from somewhere" but Tarantino is a little wee bit more blatant than that.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: squeakfinder on September 29, 2009, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 29, 2009, 05:43:28 PM
In it's defence though, I think that was kind of the idea.  The movie was supposed to emulate the cheaply made assembly line type of films sent out to drive-ins and low budget B movie theaters.  Hence the "Grindhouse" title for that and the Planet Terror or whatever it was that went with it.
i have no issues with the 'style' of the movie, but those chicks gabbing about who knows what for like an hour of the movie  :blahblah:

Yeah, waching and listening to that was more painful than the distruction of the Charger and Challenger. I was glad when Kurt Russell ran the nova head on into them..

Yea I think that's what they were going for but I wish they would have cut the dialog in half... Hell, if they had him kill two groups of girls/boys and then come to the last with way less conversation it would have been such a better movie all together, but they just took so long. Plus there was no thriller part, I thought the girls were going to see him/avoid and either recover and have to outrun him or get murdered by the car on foot but when they all just died I was like  :icon_smile_dissapprove: ... And the hospital scene made no sense at all, drunk and high or not any insurance investigator and cop or retard with a banana would see the skid marks on their side of the road and know he was on the wrong side.  :shruggy:

Finn

I just visited the cars today, they're all still there...waiting for someone...

*ahem*
:D

And the challenger does appear to be a different one then the one seen at spring fling.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

QuoteAnyone else notice that odd chrome window frame on the challenger?

All the DeathProof Challys had those things added. 

Remember when the girl was riding the car's hood, and holding onto the belts with each hand?  That chrome window frame is what her two belts were strapped around.

stuntman mike

One thing are for sure.... He can make movies that people talk about.

50 % hate them,  the other loves them.